Kenwood DNX7190HD LOVE!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 12:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Kenwood DNX7190HD LOVE!!!!!

Hi there! Just wanted to share my experience with my new nav/head unit. I am in love with this thing. The screen is nice and bright, great picture for movies, and REALLY makes the factory speakers sound incredible. The difference in sound is awesome. I thought my speakers were 'fuzzy', apparently it was the factory HU. It's nice to have the Nav built in, as it seems to acquire sats faster than the portable jobbies. It also has Ecochallenge...a neat mileage computer built into the Nav. Between this and the info screen on the dash I should get some fairly reliable #'s. The nav also comes with traffic, and Lane assist pictures, as well as speed limits. The only negative I have so far, is they used a Metra kit, which requires the use of a sizing bezel. I have heard the Scosche is an exact fit, so may opt for that. Almost forgot....I got the kenwood 200 camera put in. They installed it flush mouted in the bumper dead center right above the 2" receiver, through the black plastic. Big help in parking lots. It doesn't have reference lines, so took a little practice to know where the rear end is, but it is a great help. I think the 300 has reference lines. The Ipod interface is great, really I am impressed. Hope this helps anyone who has thought about a rearview cam, or nav. I wanted both, but really didn't like the almost $6000 it added to the price of a truck. Mine was installed for $2k Canadian

Old 07-24-2012, 01:07 PM
I'm looking at the same HU .. how is it for setup and using with your phone? My 2 most important features are the nav and the ease of placing/receiving phone calls.

Old 08-19-2012, 10:53 AM
any pics of your sizing bezel for the metra kit? i used a metra kit with my dnx7190 in my ford expedition, and it looks ok, but not perfect.

Old 08-21-2012, 01:18 AM
Talking Dnx6990hd

I have the 6990 and it is amazing. There are some flaws, but Kenwood throws out a decent amount of updates to fix issues.

I have this paired with 4 new Infinity Reference speakers, 10" Probox under the back seat of my SCrew powered by a Hifonics Brutus 1200.1 and Hifonics Zues 600.4. The sound is incredible, and this Kenwood is a serious multimedia hub. I am a huge techie, and this is one of the most across the board impressive head units i've come across.

Get the Scosche kit if you are looking for a "flush" factory look. I had them swap it out because the Metra looked far too sloppy... The Scosche fits perfectly.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:19 PM
Scosche double din radio bezel painted

https://www.f150online.com/forums/me...l+painted.html

Old 11-25-2012, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by MANDRAKE27
Hi there! Just wanted to share my experience with my new nav/head unit. I am in love with this thing. The screen is nice and bright, great picture for movies, and REALLY makes the factory speakers sound incredible. The difference in sound is awesome. I thought my speakers were 'fuzzy', apparently it was the factory HU. It's nice to have the Nav built in, as it seems to acquire sats faster than the portable jobbies. It also has Ecochallenge...a neat mileage computer built into the Nav. Between this and the info screen on the dash I should get some fairly reliable #'s. The nav also comes with traffic, and Lane assist pictures, as well as speed limits. The only negative I have so far, is they used a Metra kit, which requires the use of a sizing bezel. I have heard the Scosche is an exact fit, so may opt for that. Almost forgot....I got the kenwood 200 camera put in. They installed it flush mouted in the bumper dead center right above the 2" receiver, through the black plastic. Big help in parking lots. It doesn't have reference lines, so took a little practice to know where the rear end is, but it is a great help. I think the 300 has reference lines. The Ipod interface is great, really I am impressed. Hope this helps anyone who has thought about a rearview cam, or nav. I wanted both, but really didn't like the almost $6000 it added to the price of a truck. Mine was installed for $2k Canadian
Do you have pics of your install?

Also, how is boot-up time? Does the unit ever seem to lag or be sluggish? I've heard that can be a problem with some of these units.

Thanks!

Old 05-02-2013, 10:11 PM
I had a DNX7120 that I loved in my old Mazdaspeed3, wish that I had kept it for the truck. Got a Clarion NX702 coming, we'll see how that goes. It looks good on paper and reviews are generally positive.

Trending Topics

Old 05-13-2013, 05:31 AM
i have the NX602 .I hope you have better luck with the 702 .Mine is very glitchy .Mostly the flashcard player even after a second round of updates . So Make sure you download and run the updates of Clarions site.To fix some bugs.

Old 05-14-2013, 06:58 PM
So far the 702 is doing fine, it came with the most recent updates already installed so I didn't have to mess with that. It recognized my 64GB SDXC card, ordered a 128G to see if it likes them too.

Quick Reply: Kenwood DNX7190HD LOVE!!!!!