Relocate AUX input in 2005 supercrew with factory dvd?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 04:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Relocate AUX input in 2005 supercrew with factory dvd?

The AUX input for the stereo with the factory dvd option is in the headliner by the dvd player. I'm tired of having a cable hanging from the ceiling to plug my ipod into. Has anyone successfully relocated their aux input to a more user friendly location (i.e. center console)? If so, did you just re route the rca outs from the headliner or cut the wires in from the harness in the back of the stereo and tap in that way?

Old 01-21-2010, 05:09 PM
I installed the PIE unit in my 05 F150 mainly to hook up my XM but I also put a Y in the RCA cables from the PIE unit & a Aux connector for my iPod in the console,I also added a Lighter socket in the console to charge my iPod & cell phone,I have a Myron&Davis Overhead DVD but I don't have it hooked up through the Aux input for 2 reasons (1) It has a built in fm modulator (2) We almost never listen to the DVD through the speakers the kids use wireless headphones for that.

Old 01-31-2010, 07:13 PM
nah, that's not really what I'm looking to do... the factory aux input comes from the dvd player in the backseat... I want(ed) that aux relocated to the front.

But I just decided to go a different route anyway, I will be installing a Pioneer FH-P800BT in place of the factory deck.

Anybody want a factory audiophile / dvd deck?

Quick Reply: Relocate AUX input in 2005 supercrew with factory dvd?