Z1 Mounting Brackets

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 10:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Z1 Mounting Brackets

The book says use the factory mounting brackets but mine is attached with riviets. Does the crutchfield kit come with brackets? What has everybody else been using and where did you get them...

Old 06-20-2006, 10:50 PM
The book you are looking at came with the radio I guess.You dont list what its being installed in.
Until recent double size radios only came in cars from japan and the like.The brackets on most of them could be removed that is where"use factory brackets" comes from.You can go to best buy,circuit city,radio shop and get an install kit.I use metra brand kits and most store carry them.I use kit number 99-5807.It will have a book in it to show you how to use it.Its very easy and if you put it together right it sits very nice in the dash very close to flush in the dash if its going in a new style F150 that is.

Last edited by bronkx1; 06-20-2006 at 11:01 PM.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:28 PM
Leave the factory brackets on the factory radio and follow BRONKX1 directions to get the Metra. It'll make it easy for you to sell your factory unit or remount it later if you want to take your new system to another vehicle.

If you buy the system from Crutchfield's it will come with the Metra system for the F150 included as well as an adapter that you can solder the leads of your new system to and plug right into the factory radio harness. Also, Crutchfield's will provide some good instructions, but the people on this forum will be your best source of information and help you find the easiest locations to connect the speed sensor wire, reverse signal, parking brake, etc.

Check out my gallery if you want to see how the Metra adapter looks with an Eclipse AVN6600.

https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?num=11185

Last edited by WBSCLariat; 06-22-2006 at 12:10 AM.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:52 PM
I got my kit from the Best Buy installation dept. and they gave me the wrong one. When I brought it to their attention that it wasn't right they told me that I would have to modify it...?????!!!!

I will order the Crutchfield kit. But I have already busted my factory radio by removing the faceplate to cover the Z1 for security measures and I went ahead and used the brackets for now but it sits out a little further than I want it to....

Thanks for the info.

Old 06-22-2006, 04:44 PM
WOW,You tore the stock unit apart?You have a bigger pair of onions than I do.
What are you going to do if you sell the truck later?Did you ask them for the kit number I posted?You do have to mod the kit just a tiny bit to make it work.The kits are sold ready to fit a regular size single din radio so you have to trim out a thin bit of plastic for it to fit the big double din radio.

Old 06-22-2006, 07:26 PM
I bought my kit off of the seller Integrated_solutions on ebay. They had the double din kit that comes with the wiring harness and color code. I had my Avic-Z1 hooked up in under an hour.

If you need any help in finding this kit feel free to contact me. I tried the local stores, but no one around carried the double din for the f150.

Thanks
fireman603

Quick Reply: Z1 Mounting Brackets