New Eclipse Avn5435

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 09:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New Eclipse AVN5435

I GOT THE NEW ECLIPSE 5435 YESTERDAY.

AWSOME UNIT !

THE NEW UNIT IS SIRIUS SAT READY, THE SAT RECIEVER WILL BE DELIVERED IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS.
THE NAVIGATION IS ON POINT AND THE UNIT LOOKS REALLY NICE INSTALLED.
I ALSO GOT THE ECLIPSE BACKUP CAMERA FOR THE UNIT WHICH IS ALSO ON THE MONEY. THE CAMERA IS AT 0 LUMENS SO REQUIRES NO LIGHT AT NIGHT. PICTURES COME IN PERFECT.
THE STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS WORK LOVELY. USING THE SWI-X TO CONTROL UNIT. MOUNTED IR IN RUBBER SURROUNDING IGNITION KEY. CAN HARDLY SEE IT.
COULD NOT BE HAPPIER WITH UNIT, I DON'T WANT TO TRASH KENWOOD, PIONEER OR ALPINE BUT IF YOU DIDN'T GET A UNIT YET OR ARE LOOKING FOR A NEW UNIT CHECK OUT THE ECLIPSE 5435

Last edited by My1stSCREW; 02-25-2005 at 09:29 AM.
Old 02-28-2005, 09:51 AM
Thats the same unit I will be getting installed soon. Any pics of the install?

Old 03-21-2005, 12:20 PM
Seriously need some pix of this setup...

Old 03-21-2005, 02:29 PM
Hey My1stscrew,

What did you pay for the 5435? I just a quote from local shop at around $1,899.

I also got a price for the 5495. Cost is $2,600

The 5495 looks like an awesome unit for all that you get, but the 5435 seems to be more in my price range.

How is the clarity of the monitor when watching DVD?

Can you listen to a cd or radio with the navigation on?

Can you watch the DVD while driving?

Does the 5435 come with a remote?

I was also looking at the Alpine 901, but it's a flip up screen. It's got something like over 1 million pixels. But I really like the look of the flush mount.

The local shop said they may give me a pretty good price on the AVN2454, since it is last years model. If I could get it for around the same price as the new 5435, would it be worth getting?

Greeny

Old 03-21-2005, 03:18 PM
Hey Greeny,

I got a deal from my local retailer for about the same price. He included the eclipse backup camera (which is great because it doesn't use up the AUX input, I used that for PS2 in the center console), steering wheel control and installation for the price.

I like the 5435 because it is SIRIUS Sat ready. Last years model and the 5495 aren't.

The 5495 is a sweet unit, I like the fact that it has the built in hard drive. But it doesn't have the Sat ready capability and for the price I didn't feel it was worth it.

DVD's are very clear

You can listen to FM, MP3's or CD's while Navigating, That is why there is 2 slots in the unit 1 for CD, 1 for DVD. The unit also has inputs for 2 CD Changers.

Depends on your installer, but yes it can be hooked up to watch DVD's while you drive. However! The Navigation DVD must be in the unit to get directions. Once you have set the course, you can take the Nav DVD out and Nav will continue to work on course even with a DVD playing. If you miss a turn or there is a detour, you will have to reinsert the Nav DVD to recalculate new directions.

The 5435 does have an optional remote. Pretty cool remote.

All in all, I LOVE IT. Sounds great with stock audiophile system. DVD's look great. Navigation is on point. A couple of my friends have other Nav units such as the Kenwood and Pioneer. They all love the 5435. The unit also looks GREAT in the truck and I love the flush mount look. I definatly didn't want the flip up design.

Hope the info is helpful. If there are any other questions, just ask.

Last edited by My1stSCREW; 03-21-2005 at 03:21 PM.
Old 03-21-2005, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the quick response.

It sounds like a really nice unit. Looks like you got me sold.

Since the 5435 doesn't have the hard drive, is there a hook up for and IPOD?

What did they charge you for installation?

Old 03-21-2005, 04:21 PM
Greeny,

I hooked up a playstation 2 to the AUX unit. If you don't plan on doing that you can use the AUX input for your IPOD.

Even better ask to see if eclipse has an adapter to hook your IPOD into one of the CD Changer inputs, That way you can keep the additional Video input open for future use.

Unit, Camera, Steering wheel controls and installation cost me a total of $2000.00 even. I know the retailer in my area, I've been dealing with him for over 7 years now and he gave me a great deal.

As for the PS2, I did that myself. It is in the center console. The wires go down behind the HU, AC Unit, under floor shifter console, into the center console. As for power, I tapped into accesory plug in the back and added another accesory outlet for a power inverter that the PS2 plugs into. All the connections tuck in nicely behind rear outlet and rear ac vents.

The PS2 is great for 2 things.

1. Gaming
2. I can play DVD's in the PS2, So I never have to remove the Nav DVD

That ran me an additional $250.00

$150 for the PS2
$50 for a power inverter, accesory outlet and toggle switch
$20 for some audio/video cables
$30 for a wireless 2.4GHZ controller

Trending Topics

Old 03-24-2005, 12:08 PM
Q for My1stScrew

My1stScrew,

What ver is you dvd for the nav? I have the 2454 and have ver 1.0 and was wondering if they updated the nav dvd yet.

Thanks,

Adam

Old 03-24-2005, 02:07 PM
Anyone know if these are going to be able to get Sat traffic on Sirius like XM Traffic on the Pioneer? Seems like a must-have in LA.

Last edited by Lariat4xSCrew; 03-24-2005 at 07:36 PM.
Old 03-24-2005, 07:59 PM
I just got my sat installed today and yes the do have traffic reports for 20 metropolitan areas including LA.

Old 03-24-2005, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by spenc3377
I just got my sat installed today and yes the do have traffic reports for 20 metropolitan areas including LA.
I think he meant if the eclipse will show traffic information on the display screen overlaying the maps. Nope, only the Pioneer Units and the stock installed Acuras have that right now.

gr

Old 03-28-2005, 01:43 PM
I am looking into the AVN5435 for my F-150 but I'm concerned about theft of the unit since it is a $1500+ double din full screen always in plain sight. Are their any good measures you can take to protect the unit and my truck? (I have to park outside)

Old 03-28-2005, 05:50 PM
I'd say tint your windows if you can. I have a 2454 in my truck and with the windows tinted, it makes it impossible to see what's inside at night and kind of hard by day.

gr

Old 03-29-2005, 09:38 AM
Hey everyone!

I Just got the Sirius Sat for the new eclipse over the weekend.

It is ON THE MONEY

Who needs AM/FM

It cost me $100 for the eclipse compatible Sirius tuner w/ antenna.
I installed it myself, activated it and now its nothing but commercial free music.

Adam,
As for the reply on the Nav DVD I have to get back to you on that. Ill check it out and post reply.

Red,
All eclipse units have a security feature in them. You set up security on the unit using a music cd. This acts sort of like a password. Once power is cut to the unit, it will not operate without the CD (Keep in mind when working on battery or electrical of truck). Whoever takes the unit and installs it, will only get a message to call eclipse with the serial #. Once they call they know the unit has been stolen. That's why its important to register the unit with eclipse once you have set it up. I think eclipse garuntees the unit for three years. Double check with your retailer, ill check with mine and let you know.

Last edited by My1stSCREW; 03-29-2005 at 09:51 AM.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by My1stSCREW
Hey everyone!

I Just got the Sirius Sat for the new eclipse over the weekend.

It is ON THE MONEY

Who needs AM/FM

It cost me $100 for the eclipse compatible Sirius tuner w/ antenna.
I installed it myself, activated it and now its nothing but commercial free music.

As for the reply on the Nav DVD I have to get back to you on that. Ill check it out and post reply.
Can you take some pics of the sirius interface and give us a little review?

gr

Quick Reply: New Eclipse Avn5435