Midwest CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, SD, UT, WI, WY

Anyone in the Omaha Nebraska area?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 04:41 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well at least you will have a new remote start, I don't think it will take to long.

That sounds like it is going to be fun. I would just take the light body out and shake it hopefully it will all come out for ya.

Old 05-22-2009, 06:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got back from Mahoney state park. Took my boys so I could check it out, and see if they approve
Anyway, all shelters are reserved for June 7. The person at the park said that it is possible that some may be empty at 5pm, as most people should be packing up to leave by then. So, we could take a chance, and meet at the playground past the John Wayne stables, and see if the shelter right there opens up. Or we could try another park? I bought a season park pass, so I did get that done. We rode our bikes around the park, beautiful warm day. What do you guys think?

Old 05-22-2009, 07:16 PM
i think that would be fine...maybe have everybody bring a lawn chair in case theres no picnic tables and call it good

i did make it out to branched oak last night...holy sh** is there a ton of ppl out there...i don't even know how that would be fun to camp out there

Old 05-22-2009, 09:31 PM
The parks are full this year. I went up to Walnut Creek off 96th and 370 in Papillion to ride my bike and it was packed with people.

Old 05-22-2009, 09:42 PM

ya it that is fine with me, thanks for checkin that out jump_n. It also helps that the weather will actually be decent this year vs the past years junky severe weather.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:43 PM
everyon have a good holiday??

finished the trailer, i think it came out pretty good, well at least good for my painting skill ability ha

originally i had the hinges painted black and it looked good, but i decided to take them all off and wire brush them back to raw aluminum and i think it sets it off better, overall im happy with it...im just gunna be mad when i start usin it for its intended purpose and it starts getting scratched lol

Old 05-25-2009, 09:47 PM
^^^^^^^^GREAT JOB!!!! That turned out really good IMO!! Painting isn't easy - that must've been a job in itself. Looks really good though -

Old 05-25-2009, 09:53 PM
ha yea...i planned on it taking me a cpl hours but by time i pressure washed it, scuffed it up primered it and put two coats of black on it was almost a 7 hour job...finished in the dark lol

also i learned that overspray is a devil...i think i was a different race for awhile ha, i hate to admit it but i pre much took a shower in paint thinner that night

im thinking about adding some amber running lights and some of that red/white reflector tape to it yet...i also want to paint the step ladder the brushed aluminum/chrome color to match the hinges/wheels but all the walmart paint isn't even close to matching lol

jd you get any work done on your truck?? i thought i read somewhere that you were gunna try to work on it this weekend

Old 05-25-2009, 10:12 PM
Somewhat....This Saturday at work was extremely slow so I got it washed and also did a fuel induction service. Basically you turn off the fuel pump, disconnect the fuel line that connect to the fuel rail, plug in the tool that supplies the rail with a detergent cleaner, then start the engine. It runs for 1/2 hour until it runs out then the engine dies. Hook everything back up and that's it. Pretty easy service - cleans out all the injectors and inside the cylinder walls, tops of pistons, etc. Some customers have told me they've seen up to 2-3 mpg increase after that service alone. Every vehicle is different. I didn't notice anything different when I drove it home. We'll see what happens though. Other than that, nope. I still need to clean up my frame and do some painting to it. Never got around to that part yet. That's my next project since I power washed everything and it's clean now.

Old 05-26-2009, 12:07 AM
I need to get some frame painting done before our meet. I guess I plan on using the Krylon black. I'm trying to decide if I want flat black or gloss black. Any ideas from you guys? I've read about the POR15, but I don't know that I want to go to that expense.
Weshova, great job on the trailer. Looks really good!!

Last edited by jump n; 05-26-2009 at 12:10 AM.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:19 AM
personally on the frame i would use cheapo walmart paint...cheap enough that you can always repaint when it gets scratched or what not

Old 05-26-2009, 12:33 AM
on second thought what exactly are you painting?? the frame that you can see from your BL?? if your going to take the time to prep it and primer it i would pry use that krylon or i've always had good luck with rustoleum, i like valspar to but idk if they have spray cans, i've never seen them anywayz

Old 05-26-2009, 07:55 AM

Wow great job on that trailer weshova! If your sister don't want to pull that now then I will .

I second the rustoleum or krylon you can't go wrong with those for some quick touch up and the best part is its relatively cheap, or a thought is that Herculiner stuff (the roll on bed liner kit ($50)). I have been thinking about getting some of that stuff to do my wheel wells.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:06 AM
Originally Posted by 05_sprcrw
If your sister don't want to pull that now then I will .
Just WHAT are you TALKING about?

Old 05-26-2009, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by jump n
Just WHAT are you TALKING about?
:o You caught me, just the trailer

Quick Reply: Anyone in the Omaha Nebraska area?