Mid-Atlantic DC, DE, MD, VA

Pasadena, MD Member(s) favor?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 07:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NoLongerJeepin
Stringburner, Hope ya get into an F150 soon! You'll love it, I know I love mine

-Ben
My dad just got an '05 F150 Lariat, that's what's got me so keyed up over them. I couldn't believe how nice they are inside. I have a Ranger ext. cab 4x4 that I bought new (and is paid for), and I don't really NEED another truck, but wow, those 150's are nice. And they get as good mileage as my 4.0. I think i'll sell my bike & truck and see what I can find. Patience.

Old 04-16-2009, 02:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There's a big truck dealer by the fire dept I volunteer at, I'll run by before my shift on friday and see if they have anything worth looking at. Are you dead set on the white fx4?

Old 04-16-2009, 05:00 PM
Ben, I'm not dead set on white, but I really like the FX4 package, particularly w/ the upgraded 20" wheels. I like the Lariat as well, but I don't think it's really "me", if you understand that. There is a dark metallic blue FX4 I found that is gorgeous as well. It's even further away though (NJ), and a few thousand more.

I've just noticed the lighter colors seem to look better longer than the dark colors, and show dirt a lot less. I've had 3 or 4 black vehicles and I refuse to ever have another one. My truck is bright metallic silver, and I would go that route again, but I prefer white this time around I think.

I may go look at this one this weekend as it's close to me, but i'm not broke out w/ love for the flare side beds:

http://apps.dealerconnection.com/dea...erPACode=03803

Old 04-16-2009, 05:15 PM
I'll see what they have, FX4 was a popular package, so they should have a few. I understand what you mean about the lariats, they're not really my style either. I'm not a huge fan of the flairside either, they just look goofy to me. And yeah, I had a black ranger a while ago, and it was impossible to keep clean, that's why I like the dark blues and grays. They don't show dirt nearly as bad as black does. A piece of advice, find leather if you can. The leather seats are 1000x more comfortable then the cloth seats are, I hate my cloth seats with a passion. After sitting in that FX4 with leather, my next truck will definitely have leather.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:59 PM
I never was big on leather until I sat in my dad's Lariat. it's the brown/tan leather (which I like a lot even though I do not like brown/tan cloth interiors at all) color. It seems like very high quality leather. A litle known fact is the seating surface is the only part that's leather. The backs & sides are pleather, except on extremely upscale vehicles.

Did the white FX4's interior reek as if it had been smoked in regularly? Or did it reek of deodorant in an attempt to mask it? Do you recall if it had the keypad on the outside door handles? And most important, would you purchase the vehicle for yourself if you were in the market? Not so much the trim level/color, but the overall condition/price.

Old 04-16-2009, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by stringburner
I never was big on leather until I sat in my dad's Lariat. it's the brown/tan leather (which I like a lot even though I do not like brown/tan cloth interiors at all) color. It seems like very high quality leather. A litle known fact is the seating surface is the only part that's leather. The backs & sides are pleather, except on extremely upscale vehicles.

Did the white FX4's interior reek as if it had been smoked in regularly? Or did it reek of deodorant in an attempt to mask it? Do you recall if it had the keypad on the outside door handles? And most important, would you purchase the vehicle for yourself if you were in the market? Not so much the trim level/color, but the overall condition/price.
My sense of smell isn't great right now due to I just got over a cold, but it didn't smell horribly of anything. It smelled like nothing at all. If it were me I wouldn't mind it (I smoke occasionally however) I would try arguing a free complete detail included with purchase. It did have the key pad on the driver side door handle.

If I were in the market for a truck, I would definitely put that up as one of my top contenders. I would try to argue at least 1500 of it though. You have some big things you can argue with (smoked in, paint chipped on bumper, missing trim panel) I don't think it would be that hard. Plus, the sales guy I talked to (Doug) seemed like a complete idiot, that's always a plus

Old 04-16-2009, 08:49 PM
I talked to "Bill" @ the dealership, who's called me everyday since. If I could get it for $20K otd, i'd be interested. I may talk to "Bill" and let him know I had someone local check the truck out and point out the issues the truck has. I would guess a Ford extended warranty would run 1K~ish for me to purchase prior to the 36,000 mile/3 year mark (if it isn't already up).

Old 04-16-2009, 09:04 PM
They can be persistent bastards, can't they? I would push for 20500-21000 OTD with the Ford extended warranty. I think with a little persuasion it's definitely doable. Call em up and tell them about the problems you have with it, and see what they offer.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:16 PM
Yes, they surely can be persistent. I don't let them bother me much though. I'll call after work tomorrow and have a talk w/ him. I'll let you know how it goes. He may not call me anymore after I tell him all the issues it has, particularly after he described it to me as "perfect". He knows i'm a fair piece from Pasadena, so he might be a bit surprised when I tell him everything that's wrong w/ it.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:26 PM
Yes, they surely can be persistent. I don't let them bother me much though. I'll call after work tomorrow and have a talk w/ him. I'll let you know how it goes. He may not call me anymore after I tell him all the issues it has, particularly after he described it to me as "perfect". He knows i'm a fair piece from Pasadena, so he might be a bit surprised when I tell him everything that's wrong w/ it.
When you tell him the ashtray was used, and the trim is missing he might be a little creeped out. They didn't seem very busy, and I don't think they really specialize in trucks. It was probably a trade in, so they're going to try and get it off the lot as quick as they can. Good luck!

Old 04-17-2009, 08:57 PM
Apparently they sold it yesterday, so I didn't get to read the salesman the riot act. :o

Old 04-18-2009, 12:07 AM
Apparently they sold it yesterday, so I didn't get to read the salesman the riot act. :o
Ahhh, Oh well, keep looking. I didn't get a chance to stop by the dealer today, but I'm back on shift on Sunday so I'll be sure to make a stop by. Any luck with the truck in Fort Royal?

Quick Reply: Pasadena, MD Member(s) favor?