Mid-Atlantic DC, DE, MD, VA

Pasadena, MD Member(s) favor?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 06:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pasadena, MD Member(s) favor?

There's a white 2006 extended cab F150 FX4 on the lot of Rich Morton Lincoln-Mercury. I was wondering if anyone local to there could take a look at it before I commit myself to driving 2 hours to see it (I live in WV near Cumberland, MD). If that would be possible for anyone here, I would really appreciate it. Looking specifically for signs of being beat, dents, scratches, etc. Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Old 04-14-2009, 08:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can run and take a look at it tomorrow morning for you, do you have the VIN or it is the only one of its kind on the lot?

Old 04-14-2009, 09:31 PM
There is another white F150 showing on their website, but I believe this is the only white FX4 on the lot. Vin # is 1FTPX14V96NB53705. I probably won't be able to get down there until the weekend, so don't go out of your way or put yourself out. I was just hoping someone in the area could look it over sometime this week for signs of misuse and damage/neglect to save me a 2 hour drive for disappointment. I just noticed it has aftermarket dual exhaust on it, so that's a red flag for me. I would really prefer it to be unaltered from oem.

Here is the link (if it takes you to the truck. I tried it in preview and it did for me):

http://apps.dealerconnection.com/dea...erPACode=12304

Thanks in advance.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:40 PM
Alright, I'll try to have a dealer pop the hood for me and see if there's any other mods of anything like that. I'll give ya a report in the AM.

For what it's worth, I wouldn't be to worried about an aftermarket exhaust. A lot of people mod the exhaust, and leave the rest of the truck alone.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:49 PM
Thank you very much. I really do appreciate the help. I'm not particularly worried about a hack job on the exhaust, I just don't want a loud exhaust system, so it will cost me additional money to return it to a more "quiet" state. Not that I mind the throaty sound of a V8 (just the opposite), I just don't want to deal w/ it on a long trip. It tends to wear on you after awhile. I talked to a guy on the phone and he said it was a recent lease return. I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing. If you would, just have a look at the corners for bruises and scrapes, any dents on the hood, side panels or doors, evidence of body repair work, etc, and have a peek inside to see if it looks older than it's 30K miles, tears, cigarette burns (Argh). I'm patient and will wait for the right truck, but I really want a white FX4.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:51 PM
I'll be sure to note anything, if there is anything more then a slight scratch i'll try to get a decent picture of it. It looks pretty clean from the pictures, but white is hard to notice any dents or scratches.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:15 AM
nolongerjeepin, let me know if you dont get down there. i get off early wed & im completely off work on thurs. although, tomorrow ill be somewhat close to that area since im going to crazy rays & then probably hitting up the target in GB.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:00 AM
You guys are good people.

Old 04-15-2009, 02:06 PM
Stringburner,

I went and checked out the truck this afternoon and here's a few things I found:

1. The truck has a single in dual out magnaflow exhaust. I personally don't think it's to loud, but different people have different tastes. It looked like a 18" muffler. Shouldn't be to loud, and when driving I don't think it would get annoying.

2. The truck was missing an interior trim panel on the passenger side where the interior fuse box is. The dealer said he would replace it for free.

3. The tires have about 40% tread left, the wheels look to be in good shape.

4. There are 3, dime size nicks in the front bumper that were repairs with brush on type touch up paint. They're not very noticeable, but if you get down and look at the bumper they're visable.

5. the truck has a 2.5 leveling kit installed. Not sure if this is something you want, but if you don't you will have to take apart the strut assemble, due to the fact that this type of leveling kit mounts in between the spring and the top of the strut.

6. The ash tray has been used, but the inside smells clean, and is well taken care of. The leather is good, no obvious huge scratches or tears. All the other trim panels were in good shape.

Other then that the truck is in very good shape, very sharp looking truck. No other mods have been done to the truck's engine other then exhaust that I can tell. I popped the hood and he didn't have a cold air intake or anything like that installed. The paint looks good, it was raining so I didn't get a great look at it but it doesn't look trashed or have any massive scratches. The only think I forgot to ask about was weather or not the spark plugs have been changed.

Any more questions feel free to let me know!

-Ben

Last edited by NoLongerJeepin; 04-15-2009 at 02:09 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by ebxgsxr
nolongerjeepin, let me know if you dont get down there. i get off early wed & im completely off work on thurs. although, tomorrow ill be somewhat close to that area since im going to crazy rays & then probably hitting up the target in GB.
Thanks for the offer bud, could you do me a favor and let me know if there are any wrecked recent model super dutys or F150s at crazy rays? I'm looking for some new seats

Old 04-15-2009, 04:29 PM
Man, aren't MD people the coolest ever? If I would have caught this post earlier I would have stopped by since it's a few miles down the road from me.

Oh and about Crazy Ray's, (insert hi-jack here) please let me know if there are any F-150's around the 02-03 year. I'm looking for a gray lower valance off of a 4wd (tow hooks and fog lights). Thanks!

Old 04-15-2009, 05:25 PM
Turns out we've got a shopping list ready for you ebx

Old 04-15-2009, 09:37 PM
Ben,

I really, really appreciate you taking the time out of your day to check out the truck for me. It sounds like it may not be the truck i'm looking for. If it's been smoked in, I won't want it, so maybe I had better wait and take a look at a few more trucks. It's a lot of money for an unknown '06 that is basically just out of warranty, and show signs of neglect (how do you lose the fuse box cover ), so it would either be the additional cost of an extended warranty or a crap shoot. There are certified units out w/ a 5 year/100,000 mile warranty out there for not a lot more money...just not any white fleet sides that i've found.

Dangit.

Thanks again for your help. You went way yonder out of your way to assist some one you don't even know.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:57 PM
Stringburner,

No problem bud, glad I could save you the trip all the way out here. That would be one hell of a trip just to be disappointed. Let me know if you find any other trucks around here, I'd be happy to check em out. Keep looking, you'll find the perfect truck eventually.

Good luck bud

Hope ya get into an F150 soon! You'll love it, I know I love mine

-Ben

Old 04-16-2009, 12:52 AM
Originally Posted by ChrisT
let me know if there are any F-150's around the 02-03 year. I'm looking for a gray lower valance off of a 4wd (tow hooks and fog lights). Thanks!

havent seen anything like that. i've been looking b/c i wanted to do a 99+ front end swap on my 97. gave up on that b/c i couldnt find anything there.

Originally Posted by NoLongerJeepin
Thanks for the offer bud, could you do me a favor and let me know if there are any wrecked recent model super dutys or F150s at crazy rays? I'm looking for some new seats
no problem. but as for late model, nothing there that new. the newest truck i saw there was an 01 expy (got my center console that im going to put in my lightning from it, lol). others are usually 97-98. and a couple 99-00's. but ill let you know if for some reason i do see something.

Quick Reply: Pasadena, MD Member(s) favor?