Lincoln Blackwood & Mark LT

2009 Mark LT

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 08:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm speechless...........

As i stab my eyeballs with a ballpoint pen...

Old 03-10-2009, 10:23 PM
Thumbs down

"Spied: New Lincoln Mark LT that YOU can't buy!"

THANK GOD I can't!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-10-2009, 11:16 PM
the hood and grill dont match up right..it sticks out further than the headlights...hopefully its just PRACTICE for the new guys at ford...which are now fired, i hope lol

Old 03-10-2009, 11:50 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That's.... ummmm.... different looking.

Old 03-11-2009, 01:51 AM
I'm a photography guy and I'd say that picture looks doctored. The color from the front corner and around the grill don't look right and the crease line from the top down to the front looks odd. It's a small image though. Hard to tell.

If it is real, i'm with all you guys. Can anyone say "Fugly"?
:-)

Old 03-11-2009, 02:12 AM
I had to look again after making my previous statement.

Let me demonstrate on the image...

The two blue arrows show the difference in the color. If you look at the area of red just below the headlight (almost directly under the arrows) you can see where the two colors fade/blend together.

The two green arrows show where the crease or fold line of the fender does not match the hood. It appears that only the Hood of the truck is altered to me.

What do ya'll think?

Old 03-11-2009, 10:16 AM
CnA
I have to call BS on this new Mark LT.

To make a new hood, Ford would have to invest huge amounts of money for tooling and stamping. Then you have to introduce a new large part into the already expensive assembly process.

You also need all new injection molds for different exterior trim to distinguish the Mark LT from the regular F150. This is also a huge investment. Don't forget the different interior trim also.

All this for an extremely limited, low volume market that won't be sold in the US? There is no way Ford would do this. They would lose millions.

Either the picture is a photoshop job, or some homey did this mod thinking it would look cool.

Old 03-11-2009, 10:29 AM
Here's another picture I found

Old 03-11-2009, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by CnA
I have to call BS on this new Mark LT.

To make a new hood, Ford would have to invest huge amounts of money for tooling and stamping. Then you have to introduce a new large part into the already expensive assembly process.

You also need all new injection molds for different exterior trim to distinguish the Mark LT from the regular F150. This is also a huge investment. Don't forget the different interior trim also.

All this for an extremely limited, low volume market that won't be sold in the US? There is no way Ford would do this. They would lose millions.

Either the picture is a photoshop job, or some homey did this mod thinking it would look cool.
I have the feeling it's not BS. I have read two articles that say otherwise. Here's one: http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2009/02...-platinum.html

Old 03-11-2009, 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by TheKR

The two blue arrows show the difference in the color. If you look at the area of red just below the headlight (almost directly under the arrows) you can see where the two colors fade/blend together.

The two green arrows show where the crease or fold line of the fender does not match the hood. It appears that only the Hood of the truck is altered to me.

What do ya'll think?

What you are seeing is the different angles of the panel work that make the color look different. Not on of them arrows are on a panel with same angles. That would def make them look a different color. Esp on a red like that.

Old 03-11-2009, 10:48 AM
Looks like a cat nose! Actually, a cat's nose looks better!

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 03-11-2009, 11:10 AM
the slight difference in color is also due to the different material types. The grill is some kind of plastic or fiberglass, while the rest of the hood is metal. I can see the same slight color difference when viewing photos of the FX4 model with painted grill surround. You can also notice the paint difference on cars with plastic bumpers vs. metal fenders and hood.

The exterior of that truck is basically the same as the Platinum except for the grille and the Mark LT badge on the lower door panel, and I just noticed it has chrome bumpers too (Platinum's are painted). The Platinum has that same chrome strip going down the lower side of the truck.

Last edited by SteveVFX4; 03-11-2009 at 11:14 AM.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by TheKR

What do ya'll think?

Yeah, I'm a photohead as well and I thought that it looked doctored as well. The thing that makes it look real is the shadowing in the grill. I looks right. The low res photo is deceiving.

Old 03-11-2009, 02:51 PM
what we cant buy it??????? thank goodness

Old 03-11-2009, 02:54 PM

Ugh!!!!! So fugly!!!!!

Quick Reply: 2009 Mark LT