Lincoln Blackwood & Mark LT

Lincoln LT sighting and comments

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 03:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lincoln LT sighting and comments

Well, I just saw my first Lincoln LT at a parking lot. It was light silver color and already had 22's on it. Yes, they actually looked kinda small if not normal in our huge wheel wells. Anyway. I'm not going to repeat everything that has already been said about it.

I do have a question for you guys that work at the ford.lincoln dealership. Could you get me a part number and cost for the chrome lower molding on the truck. If you are into that thing, it is very nice and contoured. It isn't just a stick on plate in actually wraps around the cab a little and looks nice.

Chrome exhaust tip. Maybe this was an add on, hopefully. If not what a giant piece of dog.....doodoo. It has a GIANT clamp that attaches it to the tailpipe and just looks hideous. I am 99% it was factory just due to the design of the clamp. I can't imagine paying that money and not having my chrome tip at least welded on.

Besides that I do like the piping and this one had the grey/cream??interior. I like the leather over the speadometer was black with contrasting stitching that made it look just a little bit nicer.

Thanks to anyone who can help me with those chrome pieces.

Old 05-09-2005, 09:03 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Our local Ford dealer got a black 4x2 on his lot a few days ago. I went and checked it out one night last week after closing. I must say I wouldn't pay more just for the name and the few extra bits of trim and the gadgets. It is basically an F150 in a Lincoln suit. I like my truck that much better after seeing the LT in person.

Old 05-09-2005, 09:06 PM
if i had the cash, id get the LT over the King Ranch any day, its only like 2-3k more, plus you get more warranty with a lincoln.

have your dealership look up the chrome moldings, it will be under the F150 with a side note for the Mark LT

Old 05-09-2005, 09:24 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by SoundPer4mance
if i had the cash, id get the LT over the King Ranch any day, its only like 2-3k more, plus you get more warranty with a lincoln.
KR any day over the LT... 2-3k gets me a nice ESP...

It's definitely a nice truck but, I'm still afraid Lincoln is going to price themselves out of it and is really two steps late in competing in the 'luxury truck' market. As bad as I hate to say it, Cadillac really has a tight lock on that market with the Escalades... Not saying I like them, just calling a spade a spade here.

RP

Old 05-09-2005, 09:48 PM
well also i dont like the beige and baseball glove color theme, so im a little more biased to the LT

Old 05-09-2005, 09:55 PM
Since, the LT is more than the KR I would never do it either. I did like the LT butttttt................

I just went on Lincoln.com and priced an LT. No way is it worth that much money.

The warranty is only 12k mile more and 1 year. The maintenance coverage is only 12k total and 1 year at 5k intervals. So that would cost a whopping 120 dollars if you got 3 out of them which it only says they will do 2 oil changes.

I will never say anything bad about it though. If you have the cash for the LT awesome and enjoy it it is certainly a nice ride. I know for the price difference I will be just as happy with my measly Crew 4x4 Lariat, LOL.

Anyway if someone has a Mark LT lets see a gallery!!!

Old 05-09-2005, 09:59 PM
or you could do what im doing, taking my $21,000 XLT and making it LOOK like an LT!! pics pending completion

Old 05-09-2005, 11:46 PM
I have looked at 2 LTs already... they are butt ugly.... there is NO way I would ever buy one of those and NO way I would ever take it over my Lariat- they can keep it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-10-2005, 11:08 AM
I would trade my 05 King Ranch for an LT if they gave me $10,000 to boot to trade for that butt ugly chromed up thing with that god awful parchmnt leather interior. The whole thing looks like a pimpmobile for rednecks.

Old 05-10-2005, 09:26 PM
Really Old "Member"
Dayum, Guess I must be a Redneck.
I liked it, and I also drove it rather than just looking at it.
I do not know where they sold them, but it seems that in the first six weeks or so after they have been out they have already sold somewhere, almost 1/3 of the total sales of the Blackwood in it's whole run, of which I was also a proud lessee up until yesterday.
Bill

Old 05-11-2005, 10:37 AM
it's not fair to compare the LT to the Escalade.

The LT is still a pickup. The Escalade is an Avalanche with leather and too much body cladding.

2 different vehicles altogether.

I think there is a market here and Ford learned their lesson with the Blackwood (not offering 4wd, bad tonneau idea etc)

This won't be a 100,000 unit truck... but if they can sell a few thousand Harley's, a few thusand KRs, then there is a market fr a few thousand LTs. (with enough margin to justify its existence)

Old 05-11-2005, 03:35 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by J-150
it's not fair to compare the LT to the Escalade.

The LT is still a pickup. The Escalade is an Avalanche with leather and too much body cladding.

2 different vehicles altogether.

I think there is a market here and Ford learned their lesson with the Blackwood (not offering 4wd, bad tonneau idea etc)

This won't be a 100,000 unit truck... but if they can sell a few thousand Harley's, a few thusand KRs, then there is a market fr a few thousand LTs. (with enough margin to justify its existence)
Yes and no IMO...

The LT is a truck but, if you get down to it, you're proving my point exactly.

The LT (Escalade) is a F-150 with leather and some additional whistles(Avalanche). Your same comparison can be used for the LT and F-150...and also the Escalade and Avalanche... and thus, the LT to the Escalade or Avalanche to SuperCrew.

Again, don't get me wrong, I like the LT but, even if it was an option when I was getting ready to purchase an 05, it wouldn't have been an option on my short list. I've looked at them, and, because I own a 5.4 3v SCREW, have basically driven one.

You're right, I think they got smacked around a bit on the Blackwoods but, that was a different vehicle in a different class all together. No one really had anything to compete with it and thus, it did struggle finding market share but, when it comes to the LT versus the Escalade, the resemblance between the two is not only striking, it's unmistakable. There is a difference between Marquis editions within a brand (KR/HD/Heritage/Amarillo/Oklahoma) and luxury brands (Cadillac, Lincoln, Lexus, Acura).

Two 'luxury' brand names from the two largest names in automobiles. Both 'truck style' vehicles with 4wd options. Both with similar stickers. They are competing with each other and, IMO, the LT is about 3 years late.

Chevy scrambled to play catch-up in the Crew cab market when the F-150 SuperCrew was a huge success. The LT is Ford's scramble to compete with Escalade's huge success.e

Old 05-11-2005, 09:54 PM
Theres a lot of pros and cons for both, but IMO i love my blackwood because there isn't that many of them made. i drive mine daily , have 63k miles on it with not a single problem. When you think about people buying vehicles and then putting all the after market accs. on them to make their cookie cutter truck look different than all the others down on the road i just sit back and get lots of looks and comments on my blackwood.....

Old 05-11-2005, 10:32 PM
Adding stuff like an automatic hard tonneau cover for the trunk, rear window defogger, backup sensors, NAV, sunroof, self-leveling air suspension, premium sound, etc will drive the cost of the LT to WAY more than I paid for my 'Wood (oringinal owner).

And what about the A/C seats? OOPS.

No thanks, I'll keep Build #512 until it or I die.

15,000 miles and counting! (slowly)

Old 05-12-2005, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by RockPick
Yes and no IMO...

The LT is a truck but, if you get down to it, you're proving my point exactly.

The LT (Escalade) is a F-150 with leather and some additional whistles(Avalanche). Your same comparison can be used for the LT and F-150...and also the Escalade and Avalanche... and thus, the LT to the Escalade or Avalanche to SuperCrew.

Again, don't get me wrong, I like the LT but, even if it was an option when I was getting ready to purchase an 05, it wouldn't have been an option on my short list. I've looked at them, and, because I own a 5.4 3v SCREW, have basically driven one.

You're right, I think they got smacked around a bit on the Blackwoods but, that was a different vehicle in a different class all together. No one really had anything to compete with it and thus, it did struggle finding market share but, when it comes to the LT versus the Escalade, the resemblance between the two is not only striking, it's unmistakable. There is a difference between Marquis editions within a brand (KR/HD/Heritage/Amarillo/Oklahoma) and luxury brands (Cadillac, Lincoln, Lexus, Acura).

Two 'luxury' brand names from the two largest names in automobiles. Both 'truck style' vehicles with 4wd options. Both with similar stickers. They are competing with each other and, IMO, the LT is about 3 years late.

Chevy scrambled to play catch-up in the Crew cab market when the F-150 SuperCrew was a huge success. The LT is Ford's scramble to compete with Escalade's huge success.e

You are right on the LT/150 vs Esc/Ava but the largest difference is that the Avalanche is still not a pickup but an SUV with a small bed. People could argue all day long about Avalanche and Supercrew being the same vehicle, but they are not the same (even GM recognized this with the introduction of a true 1/2 ton crewcab)

As far as the LT, this is what Peter DeLorenzo calls "the answer to the question nobody asked"

Is it too little too late? A halfbaked attempt?

Of course. But I still think Ford can sell a few thousand units a year.

Quick Reply: Lincoln LT sighting and comments