Lightning

MiLOC in MIchigan

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2002, 08:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, the R/T's did show up in force and had some really nice trucks. I was the last L in the bracket class and lost to the eventual winner in the quarter finals by .0041. Talk about close. I thought I had him as I was coming on strong at the end, but I didn't see that little yellow light come on. There's always next year.

Old 10-20-2002, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by CNYELO
Well I heard about the outcome of the MiLOC meet, I hear the R/T guys really made a good showing.. I hear that a few Ls had some problems, sux to hear that but hope everyone had fun..and hope you guys hve a lil more repect for us R/T guys,especially afterseein double door run that 11.31
Ya he was fast.......I sure wish I had a blown, built motor with nitrous

--Joe

Last edited by soap; 10-21-2002 at 06:59 PM.
Old 10-20-2002, 09:10 PM
\

yeah,, what joe said,,, and plus he's got that double door mod,, us L owners only have the single door mod.

~Toast

Old 10-21-2002, 09:09 AM
CNYELO, that 11.31..was with the juice...right?
I did not actually see the run but i saw the board and a bunch of r/t owners high fiving each other in celebration.

Nex't year you will need 10's without juice to earn are respect
and you will need to drive to the track as i do.
You would have needed 10's this year without juice if i could have got my hands on an aftermarket blower

Compared to the first L-R/T shootout at milan a couple of years ago,you r/t guys are getting much quicker and running more respectful times.

See you nex't year,hopefully in my rearveiw

Old 10-21-2002, 06:53 PM
Hey all, this is Damon (R/T that ran the 11.31)

First I would like to say thank you all for inviting us to this realy great race, it was a blast, and you guys were great!

I would like however to just clear up a few things I noticed on this thread.

First: 408cid is actualy just a stroked small block 360, not a big block.

Second: the supercharger I was running was put out a max boost of 6.1psi as per the data loging I did

Third: I only ran a 100 shot of N2O

Forth: my power band starts at about 5000rpm and I was not planning on making an 11 second run that first time, so I let it shift automaticaly at 5100 rpm into second, and 5300 into 3rd.

Fifth: I was yelled at for making that run, and to respect the track, I made sure I did not break out of 12's the rest of the day, so I left the N2O off.

Lastly: The truck was trailered because I blew the muffler up the week before and it was not street legal, or sound tolerable. It is a street driven truck, all the way with 45000 miles on it, 25000 of that was put on over the past 2 years (summer only)

I will let you guys know anything you want about the truck, the plan was not to humiliate anyone, we just wanted to gain the respect of the king of the road Lightning's.

If anyone is in teh Detroit Metro area, we may be racing at Milan Saturday and or Sunday, love to see you guys again. (I hope to drive it there with a muffler)

Damon

Quick Reply: MiLOC in MIchigan