Lightning

getting ready to install long tubes saturday...

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2002, 11:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
getting ready to install long tubes saturday...

I have everything I need to install the JDM (kooks) long tubes on my truck saturday. The only thing I need is some bolts to install the headers with?????

Can anybody clue me in as to the size, length, and pitch of the bolts they used???

I am also curious as to the proper location of jack stands???

Thx to anybody who responds

Bob

Old 03-06-2002, 12:09 AM
Use the F-150 locking header bolts, they used to be sold here at the online store. I have read some of the guys using the same studs and nuts as stock. That probably works just as well, although some of the studs need to be removed to get adequate clearance for the headers, then reinstalled. Put the jackstands under the longitudinal frame members at the front of the truck.
Chris S.

Old 03-06-2002, 12:16 AM
Thumbs up Good Luck

Keep us informed on how it was and send some pics on the install before during after that way we can see if we should tackle them ourselves!! Or take it somewhere to have them done!!

Old 03-06-2002, 07:27 AM
Call JDM
I think they should have come with the headers, also did you get the O2 extension wire harness????

Old 03-06-2002, 08:45 AM
Don,

I called Jason about mine and he said that they did not come with bolts, gaskets, or 02 extensions. The full* exhaust system DOES come with gaskets and 02 extensions but no bolts.

When I recieved my headers and cats, I had no gaskets or 02 extensions. I had assumed that they were included but they are not. He has them available and is shipping mine to me.

When I ordered mine he forgot to ask if I needed gaskets and 02 extensions and since I figured they were included therein lies the problem. Oh well, it'll all work out.

Tim

Last edited by Chikenears; 03-06-2002 at 08:48 AM.
Old 03-06-2002, 12:26 PM
Man, my Bassani I got from PSP came with bolts

Old 03-06-2002, 08:26 PM
I bought everything except the bolts witch JDM did not have, Jim gave an example of one so I am gonna hunt some up here this week. I cant wait to hear this thing scream through the bassani cat back.

Bob

Trending Topics

Old 03-06-2002, 09:13 PM
FWIW, the bolts & 02 extenders came with my JDM kit!! I too am going to do an install this Saturday and I am keeping my Bassani cat back as well.Do you plan on using jack stands Bob?? I think I will be using them too. We will have to weld the existing X-pipe to the JDM Mid-pipes, so do plan on welding them yourself or driving to a muffler shop? Hey I might just get your cell number and we can update eachother on the install progress and might be able to help one another. Also I need toknow the torque recomendations. I will probably call JDM tomorrow to go over all of this stuff. I plan on starting early Sat. morning. Shoot me an email if your intrested in this idea.

Old 03-06-2002, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Caka
FWIW, the bolts & 02 extenders came with my JDM kit!! I too am going to do an install this Saturday and I am keeping my Bassani cat back as well.Do you plan on using jack stands Bob?? I think I will be using them too. We will have to weld the existing X-pipe to the JDM Mid-pipes, so do plan on welding them yourself or driving to a muffler shop? Hey I might just get your cell number and we can update eachother on the install progress and might be able to help one another. Also I need toknow the torque recomendations. I will probably call JDM tomorrow to go over all of this stuff. I plan on starting early Sat. morning. Shoot me an email if your intrested in this idea.
As it stands right now its going on a lift at work (dealership) friday night to remove the mani's and what not. I was gonna do it on jackstands at my house but one of the techs helping me talked me out of it.

Caka - my cell is 850-748-3316 - call me saturday morning and I will let ya know if we run into any snags. We are gonna snug it all down with clamps then idle down the street to a freinds muffler shop to tack everything up. The Lt's and bassani sound awesome on robg's truck. I heard it saturday and its wicked.

Bob

ps Jim said tighten them down real tight (header to head)

Old 03-06-2002, 11:22 PM
Arg...you got a lift Just kidding. I'll be in touch, and thanks!!

Old 03-07-2002, 07:10 AM
ps Jim said tighten them down real tight (header to head)
Real tight? Remember Bob that you're working with an aluminum head. Good luck.

Hopefully mine will go on today.

Old 03-07-2002, 08:40 AM
Bob, now I know why you said you couldnt make it to Bradenton this weekend! You could have just said that you had some new toys to install...gearheads understand.

Jeff

Old 03-07-2002, 09:25 AM
Any of you guys have Baseline Dyno or Strip numbers before the exhaust work ??

If so please consider getting updated numbers after the Exhaust work and posting the results here https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...threadid=69356

Thanks !!!

Doug

Old 03-07-2002, 09:48 AM
BOB!

Hey Bob-

I used to post with you over at the corral, well I too bought a lightning! And I don't think that I live to far from you, where are you at? I saw that you had an 850 number, I am over in Tallahassee, give me a call at 850-294-9668 if you need help this weekend!

Qball-(Andy)

Old 03-07-2002, 08:29 PM
Re: BOB!

Originally posted by qball2439
Hey Bob-

I used to post with you over at the corral, well I too bought a lightning! And I don't think that I live to far from you, where are you at? I saw that you had an 850 number, I am over in Tallahassee, give me a call at 850-294-9668 if you need help this weekend!

Qball-(Andy)
Andy - I am in Pensacola Florida

I am 2/3 hours from you, I have all the help I need currently (2 master ASE's - myself and two freinds) We are gonna start tommrro night and see how it goes from there. I apreciate your offer however if you want to come and check things out you are more then welcome but we should have most of it wrapped up friday night.

Bob

Jeff - LOL

I wamted to go to bradenton but MODS come first.

Quick Reply: getting ready to install long tubes saturday...