Lightning

Got stopped because of tinted windows.

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2001, 06:53 PM
Location: Overland Park, Kansas (Kansas City) - Soon to be Ft. Worth, TX
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So what is the big deal about too dark of tinted windows? Police officers think we are concealing something?

------------------
2000 Silver Lightning
#2798 of 4966
Born on date: May 9, 2000
Email: ColinMBurns@hotmail.com

Mods: SnugLid, 20% tint

Old 04-19-2001, 06:55 PM
Rest In Peace
Location: anchorage, alaska, usa, north america, earth, solar system, milky way
Arrested for tinted windows?

Not up here. Some idiots though, have illegal tint, and thats letting the cop stick his foot in the door, license, registration, then:

"It looks like you have a warrant, could you step out of the car please?"

But still, I am going to minimize risk, so I will not be a peace officer

Old 04-19-2001, 07:13 PM
I think some people have it in their hearts and some don't Tundra. Logically if you weigh the pros and cons it may not make sense, but a lot of people don't see the sense of buying a hot rod pick up truck. What makes one person happy makes the next shake their head in disbelief. We go out on the track with the possibility of hitting a wall at 100 and dying, doesn't mean we aren't going to wear a seat belt...that's minimizing the risk of fatality...To my dad, racing isn't smart, to you being a cop isn't smart, to me racing makes me happy, as I am sure being a cop is to QD...
CA

Old 04-19-2001, 07:49 PM
It really doesnt matter if the cops have "probable cause", cause its all a load of BS to begin with. All a cop has to say is that you were weaving and/or speeding. His word against yours in court, and i've NEVER seen a judge believe a person over a cop, that's just the way it is..

I really wouldn't do anything to **** off a cop anyway. A good number of them have a God complex and like to use it. As the guy said before ""but if you play that "hey, i'm a punk and i'm going to try and **** you off" you bet your a$$ i'll arrest you for failing to obey a lawful command of a peace officer"" Which is just absolute bull**** and abuse of authority. Because he specifically doesnt like something you say or do, he will have you arrested and throw in jail, YET you represent no real harm. This is all because he doesn't like your "attitude" or who/what you are, what bull****. This is just how the world revolves. I've seen this too many times. Just be good and dont **** off cops, it's not worth the abuse.

quickdraw this has nothing to do with you and nothing personal by what i said, i've just seen these things happen alot of time and its silly.

[This message has been edited by LikeLinus (edited 04-19-2001).]

Old 04-19-2001, 07:52 PM
BLackBoLT99,
I put 35% on the whole windshield.50% is to light and you wouldn't be able to see with anything darker.

Old 04-20-2001, 12:21 AM
rtkilla-

you are wrong about needing a search warrant.

#1: you were stopped for a violation of the law

#2: the officer already has probable cause that the violation has occurred

#3: because of a vehicle's mobility, no search warrant is needed to search the vehicle--as long as there is probable cause the violation has occurred (or is in process).

yes, i like to get consent, so i usually ask. but if you play that "hey, i'm a punk and i'm going to try and **** you off" you bet your a$$ i'll arrest you for failing to obey a lawful command of a peace officer, then i'll do an "inventory" of your vehicle before the tow truck comes to impound it. so now you are arrested, you have to come up with bail, the impound fees AND i'll give you the ticket for the tinted windows.

the second most dangerous thing a cop does is traffic stops (first is domestic violence calls) because you never know which idiot is going to pull a gun on you--yes, it happens here. so don't think this guy is trying to give you a hard time. unless the cop has nothing better to do and wants to have some fun, he's stopping you for a legitimate reason. and because of the danger factor involved with traffic stops, you bet i take window tinting seriously. i agree it looks great, i agree that you are most likely not going to pull a gun on me, but next time some gang banger drives by and i pull him over, i don't want any window tinting so i can see him point the gun at me.

we're all friends here or i wouldn't post something like this. but my goodness, tint your truck if you want (like i said, it looks great), but don't be a smart a$$ with a cop. it just isn't worth it. you never know what kind of bad day he's having or what hot buttons you're pushing.

sorry that rant was too long. no hard feelings?

------------------
"flexible hips mean higher steps"

2001 F-150 Supercab XLT 4x4 5.4L Auto
optional equipment: carpet delete, tow package, power adjustable pedals, "man"ual 4wd shift lever, law enforcement scanner, CB w/PA, spray-in Speedliner, Streamlight Stinger, Graco infant car seat
visit http://quickdraw.f150online.net/ to see my F-150

[This message has been edited by quickdraw (edited 04-19-2001).]

Old 04-20-2001, 12:32 AM
Thumbs up

I have to add something to this. A good friend of mine is also a RCMP officer. He has been in a close call because of a very dark tinted window and a gun. It was only his training that made him position himself to the back of the shoulder of the passenger, (behind the rear pillar of the cab) that enabled him to survive.

I never tint the side windows of my vehicles. It shows you have nothing to hide and might count in your favor

Quick Reply: Got stopped because of tinted windows.