Lightning

whipple #s later today

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 10:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
whipple #s later today

got some great news last night. kelly at MD called me last night and told me that my truck is strapped on the dyno and was set to go this morning for tuning. she is suppose to call me in a few hours with the results. man i can not wait to hear the results and pick up my L tonight. the only thing is that i have to put the bed on the truck when it gets home. oh well lol. i really hope it makes some good power because it has been a LONG LONG time coming. fingers are crossed lol. my buddy is already wanting to go the track tonight but i think i am going to just enjoy having the L back in one piece and running for awhile.

stock long block with the mods in the sig.

Old 11-09-2007, 11:01 AM
just got a call from ken and my truck just made 18psi with my pulley combo . they are going back to the 4lb lower just to be safe and he thinks he can make more power with the 4lb because he had to pull so much timing and having such a rich a/f ratio. i would rather be safe than sorry at this point.

Old 11-09-2007, 01:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by svtsilverback
just got a call from ken and my truck just made 18psi with my pulley combo . they are going back to the 4lb lower just to be safe and he thinks he can make more power with the 4lb because he had to pull so much timing and having such a rich a/f ratio. i would rather be safe than sorry at this point.
Well, Well, Well ... congrats, mang ... you waited a long time.

What was the problem?

Old 11-09-2007, 03:02 PM
450/500 but dont know the details yet. on my way to pick her up. 57hp more and around the same amount of tq as my last dyno. i wish it had been higher but o well lol. it is suppose to be a safe street tune.

Old 11-09-2007, 04:08 PM
you really need to get yourself some long tube headers so all that cylinder preasure can get out.. these engines need to breathe..

Old 11-10-2007, 05:42 AM
the truck made 450rwhp/495rwtq.

tune details:
a/f ratio was 11.7 (tailpipe sniffer)
13 degrees of timing
16.5 psi of boost

ken said he could add some more timing and the truck would pick up some power. overall i am happy because it is a very safe street tune and the truck seems to run very smooth and the throttle response is so much better.

Old 11-10-2007, 07:39 AM
CONGRATS
Your at a good (and safe) power level, ENJOY IT

Make no mistakes "if" you wanted to you could push it 50,75, even 100 hp more, BUT as said there are other factors that come into place. Plus you could always ask for a 16 degree race tune (for C16) and up the boost for those special 11 second moments down the 1320
Either way 450 RWP is a serious contender on the street and you will have a lot of fun.

Trending Topics

Old 11-10-2007, 08:03 AM
i am sure my a/f ratio is richer than 11.7 since it was taken out of the tailpipe vs a wide band mounted in front of the cats. hell i am just happy to have the truck running again.

Old 11-12-2007, 04:59 PM
going back to MD wed. for some fine tuning. i am only getting a one gear down shift from 3rd and 4th. plus i am going to have them do some data logging for a email tune i got from JJ/WMS. that tune feels great and a little stronger but i want to make sure it is still safe. i am going to guess it is 10hp/15tq stronger. i know it is running one more degree of timing than my MD tune.

Old 11-12-2007, 08:20 PM
I don`t know guys. At the price of the Whipple, I`m not too impressed. Maybe with a built block w/ heads and cam it would really shine. With just stage 2 heads and cam with a ported Eaton you could do better and less cost.

Old 11-13-2007, 12:37 AM
the price of the heads, cams, full bolts ons, and the labor to install the heads and cams would not be much cheaper than the price of the whipple. i have 3200 in my whipple plus injectors, pumps, tune. most people would install injectors and pumps with the heads and cams. plus i installed my whipple and supporting mods so i saved on labor. i plan on getting a long block from WMS/JJ in the future so the whipple made more sense to me. svt_ky has full exhaust, bolt-ons, cams, pulleys, etc and we make almost the same power. the only other power mods i have are bassani cats, bassani cat-back, and the 4lb lower. if i wanted to push the stock block i could add the 6lb lower i have, LTs, sbtb, fan, and a race tune and be way over 500rwhp. everyone has their own way of making power.

Old 11-13-2007, 12:43 AM
By the time you buy Lt, and all the bolt ons you can muster to get the 450/500 club you will probably have spent the same as the whipple anyways. I know I did it, you have a good foundation for the built motor ahead congradulations and enjoy that bad boy!!!

Old 11-13-2007, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by badasstruck1
By the time you buy Lt, and all the bolt ons you can muster to get the 450/500 club you will probably have spent the same as the whipple anyways. I know I did it, you have a good foundation for the built motor ahead congradulations and enjoy that bad boy!!!
Yes, a great foundation. I do agree on that.

Quick Reply: whipple #s later today