Lightning

hey looking to get a lightning, any downfalls?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 10:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey looking to get a lightning, any downfalls?

hey guys i figure i come hea to find out some things. im looking to get a lightning is there any downfalls or anything that you guys dont like?

Old 07-20-2006, 10:31 PM
Yeh, having to replace tires.

Old 07-20-2006, 10:35 PM
tires and doin plug changes lol

Old 07-20-2006, 10:35 PM
Down falls.....Make sure your credit card is in good working order. You will spend lots of money on mods.

Make sure your wife/girlfriend is ok with you having another lover. You will spend more time with your L. Give it more money than your girl, and be thinking about driving it, even during intimate times with your girl.

For real, like any other vehicle, there are some quirks. The spark plugs are known for shooting out of the heads, on pre 03 models. Mods are more expensive than a mustang or camaro due to the limited production, however, mods are generally more rewarding for the L. It is easy to make them go fast. Try to do a carfax to find out the history of your truck, or take the VIN to the dealer to see if its had any warrenty work. (99-00 models had a faulty intercooler that should have been replaced under warrenty) If the truck your looking at has been modded, find out by who, and call the tuner, to see if they can give you some history of the truck. Other than that, welcome to the club, great people here and tons of knowledge!

Old 07-21-2006, 06:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

The Supercharger moan is just about as sexay as the girlfriends!

Old 07-21-2006, 11:26 AM
$65 bucks in gas a week makes it hard on the wallet too....but who really cares.

Old 07-21-2006, 11:55 AM

Trending Topics

Old 07-21-2006, 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by whip
Down falls.....Make sure your credit card is in good working order. You will spend lots of money on mods.

Make sure your wife/girlfriend is ok with you having another lover. You will spend more time with your L. Give it more money than your girl, and be thinking about driving it, even during intimate times with your girl.

For real, like any other vehicle, there are some quirks. The spark plugs are known for shooting out of the heads, on pre 03 models. Mods are more expensive than a mustang or camaro due to the limited production, however, mods are generally more rewarding for the L. It is easy to make them go fast. Try to do a carfax to find out the history of your truck, or take the VIN to the dealer to see if its had any warrenty work. (99-00 models had a faulty intercooler that should have been replaced under warrenty) If the truck your looking at has been modded, find out by who, and call the tuner, to see if they can give you some history of the truck. Other than that, welcome to the club, great people here and tons of knowledge!
That is not only true but 100000000000000000% Accurate. Sometimes I think I treat my L better then my WIfe. I mean, my thought process is somewhat fubar'd..Let me explain

Her compressor for her air died, instead of me fixing it,I bought myself a Innovate Motorsport Wideband A/F Gauge!

Welcome to the community!

Old 07-21-2006, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by Motrmaniac
is there any downfalls or anything that you guys dont like?
Having everyone ask me for a ride in my truck gets a little old, but it's also fun to see their reaction when I get on it hard. That alone is worth the price of admission.

Old 07-22-2006, 02:07 AM
If you live where it snows, plan on owning two vehicles.

Old 07-22-2006, 08:52 AM
Originally Posted by thepawn
If you live where it snows, plan on owning two vehicles.
I'm sorry, but man up. I could see you not wanting to driving the L in the snow because you want to keep it looking nice, but there is no reason to own two jut because it might snow a few times in the winter. I live in the west burbs of chicago and we get a decent amount of snow. I know when I get my daily driver L she will be going out in the snow. My father has owned muscle cars for years (since he was 16) and he never had problems with snow. Even now with his supercap 8 foot bed 2wd f150 there are no problem in the snow. Just dont be driving like its 80 degrees out with nice sticky blacktop!

Old 07-22-2006, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by bigg_ray
I'm sorry, but man up. I could see you not wanting to driving the L in the snow because you want to keep it looking nice, but there is no reason to own two jut because it might snow a few times in the winter. I live in the west burbs of chicago and we get a decent amount of snow. I know when I get my daily driver L she will be going out in the snow. My father has owned muscle cars for years (since he was 16) and he never had problems with snow. Even now with his supercap 8 foot bed 2wd f150 there are no problem in the snow. Just dont be driving like its 80 degrees out with nice sticky blacktop!
let us know this spring

Old 07-22-2006, 02:06 PM
let us know this spring

Old 07-22-2006, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by Dork-N-Beans
let us know this spring
oh i will let u know this winter... its going to be sweet

Old 07-22-2006, 11:43 PM
I'm sorry, but man up. I could see you not wanting to driving the L in the snow because you want to keep it looking nice, but there is no reason to own two jut because it might snow a few times in the winter. I live in the west burbs of chicago and we get a decent amount of snow.
Ah, spoken truly like a man who has not owned an L in the winter.

As you say, snow is only one of the winter worries. First year I owned mine, I went the 16" snow tire route (obviously before I added the big brakes). If they actually plow well where you live, you'll survive as long as you're not driving in the storm. Buy lots of sandbags.

Aside from that, you will begin to cry as you watch the salt corrode and rust your exhaust and underbody, then you'll wonder where your clearcoat went and contemplate why you didn't get a winter beater.

I'm with Dork on this one.

--Daniel

Quick Reply: hey looking to get a lightning, any downfalls?