Lightning

The L is gone but not forgotten

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 06:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The L is gone but not forgotten

Well, the L just got loaded onto the flatbed for it's trip to a new home. Sold it to a dealer in San Luis Obispo and they just picked it up. Sold it as is for $25,700. Not as much as I would have liked to get, but way better than what some others on the forums have been claiming there worth. I may get another truck some day, but it will probably be a Harley truck for the ability to seat 4. The 4 person family and a truck that only seated 3 was just getting old.

I'd like to take the time to thank all those who helped me with mods and info to make sure I did things right. Biggest thanks go out to Rob (Rob 02Lightning), Vinne, Wes (12leavu), Johnny and Sue at JLP, and Larry (Speeder) for helping me put everything on the L. Going to miss being a part of the community.

Thanks and take care everybody.

Last edited by Mart Man 03 L; 12-20-2004 at 07:02 PM.
Old 12-21-2004, 04:51 AM
Woah buddy, wtf? I know I've been gone for a bit...but...???

Ah well, I feel ya - It'd be tough to have to use the L as your primary vehicle when you've got a family. Best of luck w/ your new ride, and thanks again for your help w/ my Lightning!

BTW - I hope you and your family have a great Christmas! :santa:

Old 12-21-2004, 04:59 AM
Haha, Im on break right now, but I go to college in San Luis, what dealer man, ill tell my lightning buddy who lives up there to go check her out!

Old 12-21-2004, 11:47 AM
I was very saddened to hear the news about the L. You dont have to leave the community because you no longer have a L. I am sure that the knowledge you have amassed about these trucks and the fact that you work at a dealership will benefit many of us here. So stick around, its always a pleasure to heat from you guys.

Old 12-21-2004, 11:53 AM
I hope you enjoy the new truck. Post pics when you get it.

Old 12-21-2004, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Dman25
Haha, Im on break right now, but I go to college in San Luis, what dealer man, ill tell my lightning buddy who lives up there to go check her out!
It was purchased by Valley Mazda. The used car manager said he'd probably drive it a few months and then sell it.

Thanks Killa. I really hated to get rid of the L, but with my new commutte, 45 miles one way, it just made sence. I moved to Roseville about 2 months ago so I'm down more in your neck of the woods now.

Thanks to you Fowl as well. I'll be hanging out on the forums for sure. It's how I pass the slow times in my day at work.

The replacement vehicle has been a blast to drive, gets surprisingly good gas mileage and seats the whole family. Here's a quick photo of the new daily driver.

Old 12-21-2004, 01:22 PM
Is that the new GTO?? I like it.......sucks to hear you sold the truck, but at least you didn't get a minivan!!!!

Nice car BTW!!!

Old 12-21-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by shelpdoggSVT
Is that the new GTO?? I like it.......sucks to hear you sold the truck, but at least you didn't get a minivan!!!!

Nice car BTW!!!
Thanks and yes it's the new GTO. It's no where near as fast as my L was (at least not yet) but really comfortable to drive. Never been much of a fan of the F-body cars that ran the LS1, and even though I love the Vette, no room for the family. Now I've got a really well put together car that has the performance of Vette, but it's got back seats that two adults can sit in comfortably.

I think it's time to let the modding begin.

Old 12-21-2004, 02:41 PM
Is that the new LS2 version?

Old 12-21-2004, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Mart Man 03 L
Thanks and yes it's the new GTO. Now I've got a really well put together car....
You sure had a nice truck. Please let us know if you think the goat is all that after 6 months as the reviews haven't been kind. GM electrical quality usually suck$ a$$ and the glass doesn't holdup too well. They build a good pushrod V8 though. Enjoy.

Old 12-21-2004, 03:08 PM
As said Mart Man NO REASON TO LEAVE,
Once a L Bro, Always a L Bro

Best of luck in all you do, Enjoy the Holidays,
AND DONT GO ANYWHERE, we'd miss you

Plus I want to see how fast the Goat is going to be

Old 12-21-2004, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by 99svtlightning
Is that the new LS2 version?
No, the '05 is going to have the LS2, hood scoops, and dual outlet rear exhaust. I thougt about waiting, but the deals on the '04 were just too good to pass up. HP wise, the '04 is 50 less than the '05 and 50 HP isn't that hard to come by as we all know with our trucks. I'm sure the dealers will be gouging people for the new ones when they get here just like they did when the '04's first got here. I figured that for $1.00 over invoice, $4,000 cash from GM and 2.9% APR for 60 months it made more sense to just go for it. I'm also lucky that one of the top LS1 tuners around is in my back yard about 3 to 4 miles away. He's already committed to modify the GTO and dyno each change. Oh well, we'll see how it goes.

And thanks to all for the positive feedback. It's really been a pleasure working with all the folks here.

Old 12-21-2004, 04:53 PM
Mart Man .. Stop back and see us.. hate to see ya go.... Man you got a nice price for the truck.............

PEacE.....................
Jim

Old 12-21-2004, 11:43 PM
Sucks you had to get rid of the L
Glad to see your still going to visit the board
See ya

Old 12-22-2004, 09:22 AM
What did you do w/ the stock rims? What did you do w/ the aftermarket rims?

Quick Reply: The L is gone but not forgotten