Lightning

Why does no one like spinning rims on lightnings?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2004, 11:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No wonder I can't get any bids on my repeated eBay auctions for the spinners I had on my L. Do people really think they look bad?

Old 06-20-2004, 12:40 PM
Spinners are so gay that if you mention you have them on a Viper or Supra forum you get ban for life.

Old 06-20-2004, 01:42 PM
Spinners don't belong on a viper or supra. Spinners go on trucks, SUVs and big luxury sedans.

Too much chrome is never a good thing and that is why most spinners are ugly. Davin and a few other comanies make some good spinners because the background isnt chrome.

Old 06-20-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by baddgene
Well said, moron

Thanks, tool!

I wonder how badly those nasty wheels affected your handling and braking?

Old 06-20-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Lub Rod 1
Spinners are so gay that if you mention you have them on a Viper or Supra forum you get ban for life.
Doug, Steve, we need to revise our rules to include a spinner provision immediately!

Old 06-20-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by MISTERgadget
Doug, Steve, we need to revise our rules to include a spinner provision immediately!

I second.

Old 06-20-2004, 02:20 PM
When they first came out I must say I was curious at first, but then after seeing them for a while I think Lowriders would be the market for them, not on a lightning, makes it look cheap and not going fast, just my opinion.

Old 06-20-2004, 02:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by h22lude
Spinners don't belong on a viper or supra. Spinners go on trucks, SUVs and big luxury sedans.

Too much chrome is never a good thing and that is why most spinners are ugly. Davin and a few other comanies make some good spinners because the background isnt chrome.
Since you have decided to get all intellectual and artistic in your analysis of spinners, please allow me to retort:

The particular construction or appearance the spinners -- chrome, black, pink, clear, whatever -- is irrelevant. They are still worthless "look at me" doodads that speak volumes about both the intellect and the economic background of their owner.

Spinners:

1. Add unnecessary wieght and gyroscopic effect.
2. Usually come on stupidly heavy wheels.
3. Usually come on stupidly ornate wheels.
4. Add unnecessary moving parts to fail (with potentially disastrous consequences).
5. Express one's own economic insecurities. Witness the average owner of "spinnaz." Young urban male, does not own a house, does not have a good job, does not have any retirement account, yet wears lots of (usually fake) gold trickets and (usually fake) "hip" designer clothes. Yet by spending $7K on "spinnaz," expresses to the world his wealth.
6. Expresses one's social insecurities. "Hey, look at my wheels!" "Notice me, please."
7. Express one's poor taste and complete lack of artistic sense. Not gonna see too many spinners outside the MOMA or Guggenheim. You're not likely to see guys in dinner jackets standing around and evaluating whether the Davins have too much chrome vis-a-vis the Spreewells.

To add them to a lowered SUV with a "slammin" audio-video system -- fine. Just fits in with the profile. Moronic wheels for moronic vehicles.

But to add them to a Lightning is heresy. The Lightning is the most intelligently designed and refined performance truck ever. SVT is all about balance and restraint for the refined owner. It is not for the idiot masses. Spinnaz are.

"Peformance. Substance. Exclusivity. Value." Spinnaz -- or purple billet vaccum line fittings -- simply don't fit in the SVT equation.

Elitist attitude? YES. The Lightning is an elitist vehicle. It's really a shame that any have fallen into the hands of the unappreciative.

That is WAY more analysis than this stupid topic deserves.

BTW -- "gay" or "ghey" is Internet-speak for "stupid." While there is probably some inevitable offense to the homosexual community, calling a post or idea "gay" is just a general (and admittedly childish) slam akin to "your momma."

Old 06-20-2004, 02:58 PM
Way to go h22lude

````` `````

Old 06-20-2004, 03:08 PM
Tim's well written, precise and analytical post sums up everything I ever though in ways which I cannot express.

Your mastery of the english language and the skills to present the truth are unmatched.

You are a god among lightning owners.

Old 06-20-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by baddgene
. . . Rare is the suburbanite who does not listen to rap music, use the bling like it's going out of style, and the 20's? Prolly more of us than not, have 20's on our Lightnings. Oh, I meant our performance vehicles. . .

Dude, your demographic analysis is badly flawed and undoubtedly distorted by your age.

Rap? Please. There are few things more pathetic than white people trying to act ghetto cool.
Bling? Neither on my body nor my truck. See above.
20's? Yes, but . . .

No heavier than stock, wrapped in super-sticky runflat rubber, and surrounding some of the finest performance binders known to man.

Whether some hat-turned-backwards, baggy-pants-wearing, hip-hop-blasting "suburbanite" punk approves is irrelevant.

Old 06-20-2004, 04:24 PM

Last edited by MISTERgadget; 06-20-2004 at 04:33 PM.
Old 06-20-2004, 04:38 PM
Wow... and only a guy by the name of h22lude would bring up such a subject. Take your Honda loving self, your prelude, and your H series motor back to the Honda/Spinners forums...

Spinners on a Lightning deserves a beatdown.

Last edited by mecca; 06-20-2004 at 04:44 PM.
Old 06-20-2004, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Tim Skelton

Dude, your demographic analysis is badly flawed and undoubtedly distorted by your age.

Rap? Please. There are few things more pathetic than white people trying to act ghetto cool.
Bling? Neither on my body nor my truck. See above.
20's? Yes, but . . .

No heavier than stock, wrapped in super-sticky runflat rubber, and surrounding some of the finest performance binders known to man.

Whether some hat-turned-backwards, baggy-pants-wearing, hip-hop-blasting "suburbanite" punk approves is irrelevant.
You may impress the feelbleminded (read: mistergadget) with your pretty words and superfluous jargon, but I'm not buying it. Whether or not you put your 20s on for their performance, or the bling effect, the fact still remains, they are a trend that originated in the so-called ghetto; from which by the way, my "badly flawed demographic analysis" is derived. As for your analysis of the person likely to buy spinners, and their economic situation, I'm sure you went to to the "ghetto" to conduct your scientific reasearch? I used to have respect for you Tim, not that you asked.

Old 06-20-2004, 06:40 PM
For all the people, on both sides, that are taking this issue way too seriously...

Quick Reply: Why does no one like spinning rims on lightnings?