Lightning

dont waste your money on a jdm e-fan!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2003, 08:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dont waste your money on a jdm e-fan!!!

JDM e-fan didnt even last me 3 days till my truck fricking over heated. the e-fan is garbage and i dont recommend it to anybody unless u live next door to JDM and he can fix it for you every day. it failed on me, lucky i had the manual switch but that didnt last long too. the manual switch over heated too so then i had to run my truck with the a/c on for the fan to be on. real horrer story, i dont recommend changing anything that is electrical on the L , evrything else is cool......

Old 10-18-2003, 08:37 AM
ouch...theres no warranty on that from JDM? the motor just burnt out? sorry to hear that...

Old 10-18-2003, 08:47 AM
Re: dont waste your money on a jdm e-fan!!!

Originally posted by moshe
JDM e-fan didnt even last me 3 days till my truck fricking over heated. the e-fan is garbage and i dont recommend it to anybody unless u live next door to JDM and he can fix it for you every day. it failed on me, lucky i had the manual switch but that didnt last long too. the manual switch over heated too so then i had to run my truck with the a/c on for the fan to be on. real horrer story, i dont recommend changing anything that is electrical on the L , evrything else is cool......
Moshe call JDM and explain the situation, seems you might have an installation issue if you are overheating.

Old 10-18-2003, 08:49 AM
Sounds like you fried the circuit breakers. In which case you most likely had the wiring screwed up and is that a fault of JDM's that you can't follow directions ??? I don't think so.

i dont recommend changing anything that is electrical on the L
Maybe if you're color blind and it's difficult to see the difference between a blue wire and a green wire.

Old 10-18-2003, 08:56 AM
O.K. , First off sorry to hear about your problem. With that said. Give me a break. There is probaly over a THOUSAND JDM elec. fans out there (Along with other similar vendors) and there have been maybe 5 problems ,(If That).
Did you ever consider , JUST MAYBE, It was YOUR fault or did you at least call JDM to see if there was a solution to your problem. Probaly not. You just start a post saying Do not waste your money.
Electric fans have been around a long time. IT IS A GOOD MOD that saves gas and gives H.P..
I along with alot of other people have the JDM E-Fan for a long time and it works great and I HIGHLY recommend the quality kit to anybody who likes better gas mileage and more H.P.

VINNIE

Old 10-18-2003, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by SVTRobG
Sounds like you fried the circuit breakers. In which case you most likely had the wiring screwed up and is that a fault of JDM's that you can't follow directions ??? I don't think so.

Maybe if you're color blind and it's difficult to see the difference between a blue wire and a green wire.

Old 10-18-2003, 09:00 AM
no my engine didn't blow, but it over heated to the red. no im not color blind, and real mechanics insalled it. they spoke to JDM after it happend and they told him that one of the switchs or some thing was bad and they will send him a new one. that was Sept.3 /03 and we are still waiting.

Old 10-18-2003, 09:05 AM
keep calling them... stay on top of them....

Old 10-18-2003, 09:06 AM
i dont think it is meant for an L that does 150 miles a day!!!!

Old 10-18-2003, 09:10 AM
Mosche, its just an electric fan, the number of miles you put on your truck should not affect it. Ive driven 300-400 miles on some occasions and never had an overheating problem once u get the switches, you will love it

Old 10-18-2003, 09:11 AM
Again,
I am not bashing you here , but I have driven 500 miles at a clip and had no problems. I drive my L alot and make a lot of long trips to FFW events and such and have never had a problem.

Unfortunately you had a problem for whatever reason, but do not say the kit is not made to be used. It is used by guys in Texas and Arizona without fail.

VINNIE

Old 10-18-2003, 09:16 AM
oy ve moshe!

Old 10-18-2003, 09:25 AM
An elec fan is a great mod and alot of newer vehicles (even my 03 Mach 1) from the factory are equipped with one.

Like the others said, stay in contact with them and get the problem taken care of from there.

Later...
Bruce

Old 10-18-2003, 09:56 AM
I know I don't have an L but I do have the JDM E-Fan on my 5.4 Expy. I have had this fan on for almost 2 years now and my dad has had his on his L for longer (with no problems). I drive all over the gulf coast (up to 900 miles in a day) in some real hot and muggy weather with 400+ lbs of equipment and my fan has never missed a beat. Couldnt be happier with it.

Old 10-18-2003, 10:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man I must be lucky.

A year of driving in the summertime and a non stop trip to Fla and a return trip, non-stop (except for full ofcourse) pulling a loaded 12' trailer.

But your doing it the F150online way.........BASH First

Quick Reply: dont waste your money on a jdm e-fan!!!