Lightning

Check out this BS

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2003, 01:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since I live in Alaska I gues I better chimn in. The guy does have a fast Jeep. I have seen it run on the street and it's not slow. Both the Lightning owners he raced told me they were beat. The One Lightning is stock and the other is on a break in program cause I just helped him drop in a built short block. He won't run me though must be to fast for him I don't know what they run stock but his is a 13 second jeep for sure. Hate to admit it. I know he can't beat me

Old 09-10-2003, 01:22 AM
qwikcobrazj,

Man, you've got some really big ***** coming on a Lightning forum and talking smack about ********** JEEPS! I'll give credit where credit is due and say that 12.80's in a JGC is fairly impressive, BUT didn't you say you rely on a 100 shot for those #'s. Throw a 100 shot on an otherwise stock L and it'll wear your A$$ OUT! I can't believe you're even comparing L's to JGC's...WTF? Apples and Oranges! JGC's are nice vehicles, BUT there's nothing Performance about 'em. I'm sure you have a good time rolling around surprising unsuspecting drivers in your JGC, and I'll give you this...it's a sleeper, BUT a Lightning it is NOT I wish I lived a little closer, cause I'd come over there and WAX YOUR A$$!

I don't mean to sound hateful, but you came in my house talking *****.

Later,

Rob

Old 09-10-2003, 07:45 AM
My wife has a 02 JGC Overland with the high output engine. It is very quick 0-40 or so but after that my stock L would blow it in the weeds. You do need to know though that the GC does not have a frame. It weighs a little under 4000lbs.!

Jerry

Old 09-10-2003, 10:41 AM
My lawn mower runs low 13s ..eat that lightning boys!

Old 09-10-2003, 11:08 AM
OWNED

Old 09-10-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by qwikcobrazj
I was at FFW Richmond and I saw very few mid 12 second trucks
Most were mid 13's to high 12's. Except for the JDM truck and a red one which ran good. My wimpy little jeep could have ate up 90% of those trucks
Whatever- Did we see tha same race ???

Last edited by Silver_2000; 09-10-2003 at 11:12 AM.
Old 09-10-2003, 11:33 AM
Location: On the side of the Road attempting to explain 135 miles per hour
Thumbs up

OWNAGE by Doug..

Old 09-10-2003, 01:41 PM
Right Doug I was there thats what I saw 3 or 4 very quick trucks
I think the JDM guys thought they might sell more parts if they wrote crazy 10.XX dial on a inconsistent 11.00 truck. One thing that did impress me ALOT was there NX installation on the white truck. Can you or I get that solenoid bracket.

Tell ya what I'll drop the trailer and make a pass w/ the jeep at next years FFW richmond or Atlanta to show ya'll what's up and it will also be on video for those unable to attend.

To set the record straight and end this discussion Jeeps in general ARE SLOW. The only one worth drag racing is the 5.9limited. Lightnings are damn good looking trucks. I'd be proud to have a GEN2.

I wish my dad would sell his GEN1 so he could get a new one but according to him "That ain't gonna happen"

Old 09-10-2003, 01:46 PM
Ref: qwikcorazj, dragturk.mpg,

I did a time study of this video. The Heep leaves the line at 19 seconds into the video and the win light comes on at 28 seconds into the video. Clearly a faked 9 second run!! That's no surprise. This guy is a troll, period.

Old 09-10-2003, 01:52 PM
I think the JDM guys thought they might sell more parts if they wrote crazy 10.XX dial on a inconsistent 11.00 truck. One thing that did impress me ALOT was there NX installation on the white truck. Can you or I get that solenoid bracket.

Tell ya what I'll drop the trailer and make a pass w/ the jeep at next years FFW richmond or Atlanta to show ya'll what's up and it will also be on video for those unable to attend.

To set the record straight and end this discussion Jeeps in general ARE SLOW. The only one worth drag racing is the 5.9limited. Lightnings are damn good looking trucks. I'd be proud to have a GEN2.

I wish my dad would sell his GEN1 so he could get a new one but according to him "That ain't gonna happen"
I will be down in Virginia this weekend picking up my new truck, you wanna meet up with me and race my Lightning>??? I wasn't planning on taking it but ya never know. -Mat-

Old 09-10-2003, 02:04 PM
Wrong!!! You must have timed that Camaro SS I whooped.

SVT F150 I 'm not driving to VA unless there's money involved.

Old 09-10-2003, 02:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any vehicle can be made fast. Period. And just because it may be a vehicle that goes against the performance grain, doesn't make it any less cool. I'm sure there are fast Jeeps, and I'm sure some of them can whoop some Lightning butt. Once you modify either vehicle, there is nothing to "compare". It's just who's fastest at that point. Lightnings are fast stock, and if a Jeep guy does the work to his truck to beat a Lightning, that's damn respectable. But MY problem with this thread is not the guys claiming to beat Lightnings, but the guys claiming 13.9 from a stock Jeep. Let be serious here. A stock Dakota R/T runs mid to high 15s. So why on earth would anyone believe that a Jeep with the same motor can run almost 2 seconds faster?

Old 09-10-2003, 02:22 PM
All the honeys love my JGC

Old 09-10-2003, 02:31 PM
There were plenty of trucks running in the 12's

I took over 800 pictures and only took the time to turn and get the results a few times. Unfortunately FFW doesnt post the ladders so you cant see the times of all the rounds... The top qualifier was running in the 10's

My truck wasnt running in Richmond but if I had been racing ( and not taking pictures) the dial would have been in the high 12's.

Dont forget this is NOT heads up racing. If you truck can run a best of 11.70 for example you dont try to run that quick at FFW if you do then your dial in becomes 1 tenth less than your best run. No smart racer does that. The smart racers - the ones going for the free pickup next week - are the ones that run the consistent trucks. So to see guys dialing 11.70's and running it in competition means that there is even more in that combo...

Even this truck would beat your jeep

Old 09-10-2003, 02:33 PM
And this one - While it had a Nitrous system they were running a new blower combination and were running without nitrous that weekend. Bill in knocking on the 10s with no Nitrous

I would love to see any Jeep Launch this hard with any combination

heres Paul Gamino running a borrowed, bone Stock Sonic Blue in the VA heat and getting a 13.9 ....

Last edited by Silver_2000; 09-10-2003 at 02:36 PM.

Quick Reply: Check out this BS