Lightning

JDM intake spacer...Where's it at?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2003, 03:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The heads to lower intake has a 1/8th inch thick gasket between them made of plastic. I don't think anything but good would result if the blower was isolated from the rest of the engine. Especially if it were a twin screw blower which makes less heat anyway.

Old 06-17-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by easterisland
The heads to lower intake has a 1/8th inch thick gasket between them made of plastic. I don't think anything but good would result if the blower was isolated from the rest of the engine. Especially if it were a twin screw blower which makes less heat anyway.
Easterisland,
I have not had the blower or intake off yet, so just speculation on my part regarding heat flow.

If the lower intake is already thermally insulated from the heads as you state, is it possible that there is a thermal path from the blower, to the lower intake, to the intercooler, to it's radiator? Again, a path for heat to be removed from the blower, so insulating it would be a bad thing?

In any case, I'm just throwing this out for discuss purposes, rather than: how old are you? or which tuner is best?

Regards

Old 06-17-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by HIHOAG
In any case, I'm just throwing this out for discuss purposes, rather than: how old are you? or which tuner is best?

Regards
Hey is that a shot ? Or are you just pissed cause WWFB's application got turned down as a supporting Vendor ?

Old 06-17-2003, 04:35 PM
If someone wants to make a spacer available to me I'll test it. I'm talking about the spacer between the blower and lower intake.

Old 06-17-2003, 04:42 PM
Let’s talk about the space between Affordable and a Ream Job!

Old 06-17-2003, 04:57 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Silver_2000_!
[B]Hey is that a shot ? Or are you just pissed cause WWFB's application got turned down as a supporting Vendor ? /QUOTE]

No shot, just trying to have a somewhat intelligent conversation on a topic without it turning into a personal insult or tuner bashing.

I installed phenolic spacers under the Webers on a 911 many years ago to stop the fuel from boiling during auto-x events and then catching the magnesium venturies on fire when you park it.

There are advantages to phenolics you just have to decide where you want the heat path.

Quick Reply: JDM intake spacer...Where's it at?