Lightning

Dealer ruined my motor

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2003, 06:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealer ruined my motor

Brought 03' L in Fri night for first oil change at 2800 mi. Went to leave and the enginewas knocking loud. I posted in the "engine tick after 1st oil change" thread and found others have some form of a tick after the first oil change also.
Apparently mine is more than a tick and 3 days later my motor is out and partially disassembled! They still claim they don't know what's wrong

I want a new motor and the dealer claims they would rather put a new motor in but there are none available. I have now spoken with SVT (trying to find a motor), Ford (advised dealer to rebuild motor), and the dealer who is doing what Ford says. The SVT rep told me that the dealers are never called upon to rebuild the bottom end; they usually ship a short block or heads.

Now, the kicker...... The oil change took 2.5 hours. I kept going to the window that overlooks the garage and saw it up on the lift for a while, then they took lunch, then on the ground for a while. When it came back in knocking, the 4 techs surrounding it looked mad about something based upon their hand gestures and the fact that they were yelling back and forth. I would bet they ran it without oil and tried to close their eyes to the noise. There is no way the tech couldn't have heard that racket from inside the cab when he drove it out.

What are my rights on this as far as forcing them to find a replacement motor?

Do you all agree with me on insisting a new motor even if they don't admit fault or should I let them rebuild it? I mostly worry about these tech's who rarely rebuild motors at the dealership, and the longevity of the motor?

I will wait to hear more words of stupidity tomorrow.

Lew

Old 04-29-2003, 07:01 PM
Exclamation that really sucks...

Man that really sucks... That's why it's probably better to change your own oil!!! Anyway, if you actually saw the techs arguing over the truck you have a right to know what they did IMO... if that leads anywhere then so be it. Otherwise, I don't know what to say. Hopefully some of the other guys'll chime in here and help you out.

Later

Drew

Old 04-29-2003, 07:05 PM
Account Suspended Pending Email Reply
I don't know how you would do it, but I have an idea.

So, obviously, you don't trust the techs, who couldn't perform an OIL CHANGE, to rebuild your motor. See if Ford will pay for someone else to do it... Then, can you say, built block??

I doubt that would EVER happen, but I sure as he!! wouldn't let them rebuild it.

Old 04-29-2003, 07:06 PM
Do not accept anything less than a new motor. I might even demand a new truck.

If you tell them you want a new truck, I am sure they will have a new motor for you by next week.

Let me guess 128 Ford????

Old 04-29-2003, 07:08 PM
Talking Don's right...

I'd have to say that I agree completely with Don on this one...

Drew

Old 04-29-2003, 07:09 PM
2800 Miles,,, 1rst oil change,,, Dam right i'd get a whole new MOTOR,,, Do not settle for less,,, unreal,,

Old 04-29-2003, 07:13 PM
I wouldn't accept a rebuilt block from a ford dealer, I would want a new motor from them unless they would allow you to have it built up and have them pay for it.

Old 04-29-2003, 07:24 PM
That is a brand new *******king truck. Why should you have a rebuilt motor.
One option would be to demand a Free extendid warranty for some unlimited amount of time. But if you have plans for mods that will be the end of that.

Question: Doesn't the law require that information to go on permanent record for that truck. I forgot what you guys call it, but you can see what recalls and such have been done to a vehical.

I am so sorry you had this problem. Hope you get satisfaction soon!

Old 04-29-2003, 07:30 PM
Don, it was Framingham Ford actually. That's where I bought it, so I thought i would give them the work.

The SVT rep mentioned that maybe, if a new engine couldn't be had right away (they are in production) they would reinstall my motor and let me drive it like that until the new motor arrived. I feel that If I take the truck, that would be a mistake. I also informed them that if I didn't get a new truck, the nose (and the rest of the vehicle) better look like the nose of a 2800 mile truck. Ford's stands by their decision to rebuild and I may not get a choice unless I threaten bringing my lawyer into the mix.

Lew

Old 04-29-2003, 07:30 PM
Banned
Don is right. DO NOT accept anything less than a brand new motor. Fight and you WILL get it.

Once you bring the word lawyer in to it that usually wakes them up.

That just pisses me off when stuff like this happens. Someoen probally turned the thing on before the oil change was done.

Justin@JDM

Old 04-29-2003, 07:31 PM
The way I understand it....

you should get a new line motor. This should come in the form of a crate assembly. If it does not then you have only the word of the people you are dealing with

I used to take their word.

Never again.

I would personally inspect the block. If it has a remanned tag it would be on the passenger side. mine had the tag just above one of the holes in the block.

Make damn sure you are sure and then make sure again.

If they will build it up and charge Ford you may be in luck.

Ford will stick it in yah if you let em.

Just my opinion.

Also..the Dealer should pay and not Ford. The dealer is just passing the buck to Ford as they always have. now Ford is getting tougher and the customer is getting shafted by both.
Don't take the truck. Make them give you a nice loaner and continue to insist that they put in a new motor. they can get them dropped shipped from the Factory line. Ask for compensation and get the papers for the appeal crap they like to talk about. Talk to the Ownwer of the dealership and make clear your demands. I stress do not back down. If you do..they will bend you over. Hammer them or they will stonewall you. Be a
bastard. Not that you are but become on quick.

Most peole allow Ford to dictate what happens..if so...they will ****tate.

Last edited by Twisted99; 04-29-2003 at 07:44 PM.
Old 04-29-2003, 07:51 PM
Damn..I can't type.

Think about this as well. Ford has a bottom line on warranty work and this get more attention the next time you have motor problems if indeed you do. they will say..well we have installed one motor already and what proof do you have that the dealer was the cause. They have leverage...don't think they will not use it.

Good luck.

Wait till you get 2 or 3 remanned blocks installed and continue to have episodes. then it'll be....Hey..you gotta pay to play.

You have paid and will pay.....just make sure you get what you paid for.

Old 04-29-2003, 08:00 PM
Lew

If you do get a new motor and need someone to check it out before they put it in let me know. I live 15 minutes from there and they know me and my truck, I bought mine from them too.

What salesman did you get it from? I got mine from Ed Braken and he has talked to the service deptment for me when I had a little issue with the service dept.

Maybee you can get framingham ford or ford to purchase a engine from a outside source, if so I can hook you up with one of JDM's awesome built engines.

When a vehical is less that a certain millage , new not remanufactued parts should be used, and your truck fits into that catigory.

Let me know if I can help you out in any way.

Don

Old 04-29-2003, 08:09 PM
i personally would demand a new truck, but they have to give u a new motor at least, i would try to talk to a lawyer about this and see what he says.

Old 04-29-2003, 08:18 PM
Don, I really appreciate the support. It would be great to have someone that knows what they are looking for on your side. I may take you up on that!

My salesman was Steve Baisley. He has been there a long time. I spoke with him today to let him know what was going on. He then sent me over to Brian Jones the GM of the dealership. He got the biggest earfull of his career. He will contact me first thing tomorrow.

After reading all of the posts, I am even more fired up than this afternoon.

I hope I come out of this ok. The truck better look and feel the same. If they do offer another truck, they will have to swap a lotta sh*t over and compensate me for the unremovables (tint/dash kit)

Quick Reply: Dealer ruined my motor