Lightning

I'm Upgrading My Heads, I Have Questions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2003, 08:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool I'm Upgrading My Heads, I Have Questions?

Well my first question is; I spoke to someone today and was told that the heads were not really hilicoiled. That thay had inserts installed. Is this 2 differant ways to replace our 4 threads,with 7? Second question is the spark plugs are thay hard to find? Densos? My vavles are going to be 2mm oversized. 2mm makes that much of a differance? My heads should be taken off tommorrow and I will post pic's of what valve I broke from detonation. Thanks for yall's help!

Old 03-07-2003, 10:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Tim,

Yes the inserts and helicoils are ways to add thread. I wouldn't use a helicoil though. They can and will eventually blow out themselves. The sleeve is the best way to go in my opinion.
As far as the bigger valves. Yes it can and will make a difference, especially with ported heads. Also, if the dome is enlagred somewhat as well. With the porting and larger valves it is very important to have them flow tested. This helps make sure you are getting even airflow to each cylinder. If you are running higher boost you would want to look into heavier springs as well. This will help the springs last longer under heavier boost conditions.
Plugs aren't hard to find either. many places sell them. Many of the tuners on this forum sell them. Hope this answers your questions...

Quick Reply: I'm Upgrading My Heads, I Have Questions?