Lightning Concept Please confine your posts regarding the recently unveiled Lightning Concept to this forum. This will make finding information on the current Gen 2 Lightning much easier for our members.

Lightning Concept Video Clips!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2003, 05:07 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gotcha. I must of either missed your post telling everyone that the 04' posts were being moved or I forgot that I read it. I understand what your trying to do here. Thanks!

Old 01-07-2003, 06:00 PM
I certainly do appreciate this site Steve.Thank you for bringing the site to this level.I spend many hours a day on this site.I just believe that anything Lightning related belongs over there.Ive seen post about FREE BEER and "garage floors" and "im buying a caddilac" and so on.None of them get moved nor do i think they should.We L owners are a close community and we share many things on this board.But for someone to say that 04 L pics dont belong on the L forum is just unbelievable.You never did this.I can remember EACH model year,They made changes and we all died to wait for pics and they never got moved.Nor should they but for some ODD reason which you have yet to explain,You have this vengence against 04 Ls LOL.Just weird.We all appriciate this board But i think you should also listen to us L owners feedback because We are the MAIN reason this site is so big.You dont see f150 owners in the grocery market talking about cat back exhaust but you can be damn assured that if 2 L owners met each other in ther,Their ICE cream would melt before they left....Get my drift?? I just think If Us Lightning owners want the pics to easily read and discuss we should have that option and if you wanted them to show up on both boards ,make it happen........We ALSO deserve some appreciation.I dont want the last word,I would just like this to be thought about.

Old 01-08-2003, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by Lightningquick
I certainly do appreciate this site Steve.Thank you for bringing the site to this level.I spend many hours a day on this site.I just believe that anything Lightning related belongs over there.Ive seen post about FREE BEER and "garage floors" and "im buying a caddilac" and so on.None of them get moved nor do i think they should.We L owners are a close community and we share many things on this board.But for someone to say that 04 L pics dont belong on the L forum is just unbelievable.You never did this.I can remember EACH model year,They made changes and we all died to wait for pics and they never got moved.Nor should they but for some ODD reason which you have yet to explain,You have this vengence against 04 Ls LOL.Just weird.We all appriciate this board But i think you should also listen to us L owners feedback because We are the MAIN reason this site is so big.You dont see f150 owners in the grocery market talking about cat back exhaust but you can be damn assured that if 2 L owners met each other in ther,Their ICE cream would melt before they left....Get my drift?? I just think If Us Lightning owners want the pics to easily read and discuss we should have that option and if you wanted them to show up on both boards ,make it happen........We ALSO deserve some appreciation.I dont want the last word,I would just like this to be thought about.
It is a new body style. First since What, 1997 ? It is a BIG deal.
Changing to Silver, with diff tail lights and mirrors in 2000 doesn't compare, or to an extra 20 HP and new headlights in 2001 - there is NO comparison. TO try to make a comparison is crazy

All of Ford is Counting-on the 2004 F-150 for the success of the company. The volume they sell of F150's is astounding... The profit from them is exceptionally important.

It is not a 2004 Lightning either - It is a 2004 Lightning Concept introduced to the public at the same time as the 2004 f150.

To state that you should get what ever you want because you want it is an exceptional level of arrogance. There is no vengeance against the 04. You just seem to have extreme issues with things you disagree with. Steve explained the reasons clearly a couple time you just haven't read them or more likely refuse to accept it.

You have made your point. We don't agree with it, but you made it repeatedly... Move on...

Doug

Old 01-09-2003, 07:53 PM
Seems NLOC has opened a separate forum for the Next gen lightning as well...

Doug

Old 01-10-2003, 12:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the videos! They were great!

I will have to say. Lightning people, Is the biggest problem in your life right now that threads are getting moved? I mean, come on, seriously! Is it that big of a problem to view another area on this board? Last time I checked it only takes two clicks to move to another area. You don't even have to use your keyboard to do that!

This forum is offered to you for FREE! I didn't see any membership fees when I created my account.

Old 01-10-2003, 09:45 AM
I know some of these Lighting people on this board and they don't seem so smug as a few on this thread with the "If it wasn't for us Lighting owner's there wouldn't be a F150online".

I will agree you are a big part of F150online but that is IT, a part. If you were all to leave today F150online would still be here since most people who own Fords own F150 non-lighting trucks either because they can't afford one, or just don't make sense to have one.

A Lighting is an absolutely beauitful truck, I mean GOD's creation and I would love to have one if I could afford it and it made sense for me to have one (would need another car for winter).

I can't nor do I believe the majority of the L owners are truly inclined to believe if it wasn't for an L owner then this site would be nothing. I say to you very few, because the majority of the ones I talked to don't have an ego problem, stop this crying and false belife about if it wasn't for you (L) owners we wouldn't have F150online.

To all you other, majority of the Lighting owners out there please don't take this as bashing you. It isn't me bashing the Lighting, its bashing people with big ego's who for some unknown reason tend to think they are some kind of God, and if it wasn't for them "us" little people would have no where to go.

Old 01-10-2003, 04:21 PM
I think you making this forum easily accesable to us Lightning guys is great!!! Thank you.I love how it is right at the top now.This was exactly what i was talking about.Working together!.

Now
"If it wasn't for us Lighting owner's there wouldn't be a F150online".

Thats not what Isaid.

"because the majority of the ones I talked to don't have an ego problem, stop this crying and false belife about if it wasn't for you (L) owners we wouldn't have F150online. "

I dont have an ego problem,I am a business owner who thinks you should try and please your highest demand FIRST!

"its bashing people with big ego's who for some unknown reason tend to think they are some kind of God, and if it wasn't for them "us" little people would have no where to go."

Im not a god and never claimed to be.In general,You are very small minded and havent the farthest idea about business.I can see that from your post you can only see words and not understand concept.I speak what i feel and what i think period.

01 XLT Sport
Heres what i mean.Say you were selling hamburgurs and say 10% of your customers didnt like ketsup and neither do you .90% like it and would like you to have is available for toppings on their hamburger.You mean to tell me that you would rather lose 90% of your business just because you are stubborn????Its simple math.Now Im not saying that any of us are going to boycott f150online but it is fact that we post 90% more than anybody else and our board is most active so if it wasnt too much trouble ,the webmaster could try and at least take our opinions and think about them( Like he did) now.Thats all im saying.

I dont expect you to understand seeing you live in farmington and there isnt even a Mcdonalds withing 20 miles from you.. and roads are not even paved up ther ...I dont expect miracles in you having a little business sense...

And MANY L owners agree with me on where this stuff belongs.........Maybe not with my opinions but where this stuff belongs.

I do think it has been resolved good now.

Old 01-10-2003, 05:09 PM
Lightningquick:

Sure don't know much about me do you. I am orignally from California. Ran a family construction business with my father for many years so yes I do have practically business sence, almost second nature, very logical.

I too am like you I say it the way I feel it. I hold nothing back and respect that neither do you. One exception I have it looks like compared to you is I can voice an opinion without trying to "name call" or put someone down.

What does Mcdonalds have to do with my post. Your business sence it a bit flawed however. First you Lighting owners may post quit a bit but you are not "THE" reason F150online stays active. Look at many of the other threads. It seems to me, which I think is fine, but that in the Lighting forum there is more then just post about the Lighting itself, quit alot of threads you would think might fall under "General Discussion" again I have no problem with that.

Most of the other threads are basically within their topic subjects while the rest, most the rest actually fall under the "General Discussion" So I would disagree with your statement about how the Lighting post has the majority of the post. If it was not there alot of those post would fall elsewhere, so in other words just because the Lighting thread may have more post overall dosen't mean its related to Lightings themselfs. I have posted a few times in the Lighting thread and don't own one but do have MUCH admeration for all those, as yourself that do.

Now it is not like I am a friend of Steve's the webmaster but I do take exception to anyone (which's is only a very few) that have an attitude of "If it wasn't for us (insert subject) this F150online wouldn't be around).

That's like saying if the "General Discussion" or "Engines" thread were not around then F150online would not be here.

What I am trying to say is it is the GROUP, be it Lighting owners, F150, V-8, V-6 etc that make this site what it is, NOT one group alone.

I think we all should be greatful that Steve has this site. Nothing wrong with disagreeing with a decission he may have made but I think its best and respectful to keep the "If it wasn't for"

So you live in New Hampshire I see. How do you like all this f'ing snow???? I think it sucks, must really suck for you with a Lighting, that would drive me nuts. Where about's do you live? I know there was a guy in Somersworth with either a silver or white Lighting, DAMN that things is NICE.

Just be a little easy at judging, just because I don't own a Lighting doesnt mean I am not educated and have some knowledge. Farmington has a great High School (daughter) but other then that this place really sucks. Yes the roads are paved but I don't think they know how to plow until after 10 in the morning.

Last edited by 01 XLT Sport; 01-10-2003 at 05:14 PM.
Old 01-10-2003, 07:01 PM
Ok we got our points across.Done over moved on now

This snow is absolutley made my life miserable! My Lightning has been put away long before the snow came but I miss it very much.I own a towing company which has been extremely busy as you can imagine.Between plowing and towing ,Im all worked out.we still have over 2ft of snow .Laying in it while hooking up a car is no fun.Im in Seabrook NH.There are actually quite a few Lightnings in my imidiate area.Ive bought all 3 of mine at portsmouth Ford.99/00/02. I wish i would have kept my 99 to be honest.I bought it the cheapest and $27,999 and never gave me a stitch of problems.My 00 was a nightmare, and my 02 has not even gotten its second oil change with 4Kmiles on the clock so I dont know whats instore .I did get my 02 on x-plan though so the price was right.

The reason behind the "paving" comment is because my father in law does alot of work up there and in rochester."driveways by LL".Hes a paving contractor.Ive been on a couple of jobs up there and its definatly "New england" up there.

Maybe well meet at FFW or up at NE dragway sometime.Mine is a white 02 with soon to be Chrome wheels and a 2 inch drop in rear.

peace neighbor

Old 01-10-2003, 07:21 PM
I could only imagen how much it must suck to have your Lighting put away. I buy all my Ford trucks from Portsmouth as well. You have to admit they have some great deals there.

I would have loved to buy a Lighting but when I went to buy the truck I have now I had got physical custody of my daughter (14) so that kind of put the Lighting out of my affordablity range and plus It would have been real hard to find a dependable 2nd car for the winter.

I KNOW what you mean about these roads up here, be it Farmington, Rochester or Somersworth, especially the back roads. Being from California the roads there are in pretty decent shap, as they should be since you pay good tax on purchased items as well as gas. I did however find your McDonlads comment pretty funny. Almost everywhere I have lived or been it is as if McDonalds is on every corner, yet up here you feel like WTF. I was in the Navy and you found McDonalds at just about every port we went to LOL.

First night up here (about 4 months ago) I order a pizza, about 2 hours later the guy shows up, got lost, and thought I was going to pay $10 for a COLD pizza... IT is "different" here, but the high school is great and my daughter has been attending school ini Farmington for about 4 years so I couldn't see moving her especailly at 14 (friends etc) so I am kind of STUCK here for the time being.

I'd really like to go to the FFW at NE dragway this summer, is it all Lightings as far as F150's or do they also have some regular F150's? Anyway it would be cool to meet someone there from this forum. Take it easy and all is good...

Old 01-12-2003, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by 01 XLT Sport
I'd really like to go to the FFW at NE dragway this summer, is it all Lightings as far as F150's or do they also have some regular F150's? Anyway it would be cool to meet someone there from this forum. Take it easy and all is good...
Top Truck Class at FFW is for any Truck. I think they have instituted an ET cap but its not that low...
More info here www.funfordevents.com
See if you can make it - Its a great time..

Doug

Old 01-21-2003, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_!
One more time for the folks in the back of the room. The 2004 stuff belongs in the 2004 forum. End of story. If you want to post 200X Concept stuff anywhere you want and not follow t he direction outlined by the webmaster. I would recommend you start your own site. You can say and do as you please there...

While you are ranting remember this is Steve's house he can do as he likes. We have been getting 3 and 4 hours sleep staying up giving you guys access to the pictures and some of you do nothing but bitch.

The ironic thing is that Steve and I decided mid day yesterday that since the 2004 F150 was out in the open we wouldn't move as many threads. Your constant bitching moaning and complaining will likely keep the moving happen just for spite...

There is NO question that the Lightning Section is the Most Popular part of the forums. But the Lightning forum doesn't live or die based on one arrogant stubborn member or 3 who decides to get his panties all in a wad cause he doesn't want to be troubled to look in another forum....

Grow up -

Doug
Doug/Steve.....why not just cool down the vacuum tubes in the server...LOL. Then lets watch them Biatch! LOL Turn that **** off for 24 hours...and watch them jones just tell them...the "Devil made me do it" aka Flip Wilson or something....

Quick Reply: Lightning Concept Video Clips!!!