King Ranch

Touchy Subject ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2002, 09:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Although I don't own a SC, I recently got quotes for coverage as I have been shopping for a while. What I found was interesting was that the six month premium was the same for the SC regardless of trim level, i.e. XLT, Lariat, or KR. About $445/ six months for a 4x2 and $485 for a 4x4. I was expecting to see a different premium for the KR or Lariat, but that was not the case!? Quote was thru Farm Bureau for N. Atlanta

Old 09-10-2002, 12:37 AM
Wink

372 per six months...

Steve

Old 09-10-2002, 01:20 AM
Angry

$787.00 for 6 months, No previous claims, no points, married, homeowner, 97F150XLT w/ORP 4.6: I Hate insurance companies...they could at least supply some K-Y gel for me while they stick it to me.

Old 09-10-2002, 09:52 AM
OUCH!!!!

Mine is high I think. Two vehicles, Truck as secondary, Accord V6 primary, two drivers, discounts, etc. I pay around $900 every six months through Allstate. Thats 100/300/100, uninsured motorist, rental car coverage, etc, etc, on both.

I moved from one area to another (8 miles) and my rates went up $60 for the new zip code area. Go figure..

It would be nice if they could do it on an individual basis, we could all just have our own individual Insurance person....just waiting for us to call and wake them up..

Old 09-10-2002, 12:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think insurance companies just plain suck! What I have seen is that you pay and you pay and you pay FOR FREAKIN' YEARS; are always faithful and on time with your payments and keep your nose clean...and then the first time you are involved in an accident, they try every possible way to weasle out of their responsibility, or if they have to pay you, they get revenge by jacking your rates out of sight.

If you have a good agent, it can help a lot, but if you have a bad one, your're screwed when the **** hits the fan.

Another thing that frosts my nuts is that the uninsured drivers (deadbeat scumbags) drive around at will and when they hit you, they usually get off scott free. So, if you're a model citizen, and obey the insurance laws, you get the shaft from the deadbeats, too. And since your insurance company gets stuck cuz the scofflaw has no insurance, they still jack your rates.

You agents out there that belong to this board, I realize you're probably powerless to do anything about your company's rates or practices, so I'm not flamin' you, but I truly hope there's a special room in hell for the guys who call the shots and exploit the masses (along with oil company execs and people who drive slow in the left lane).

OK, Rant mode "off." Just my opinion, and I really don't much care if you agree or not.

Quick Reply: Touchy Subject ?