King Ranch

T-shirt Idea - Make Our Own - Who Is Interested?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2002, 08:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last edited by MikeF150; 01-05-2005 at 05:17 PM.
Old 08-22-2002, 08:19 PM
Bronco,

ROFLMAO!!!

Also, I think we've hurt Marc Stewart's feelings...The guy just doesn't know what he wants...what he can't seem to realize is that we can't help him if he doesn't know either...IMHO, no one should buy a KR on a shoe string budget...one shouldn't expect to buy a sack of truffels with the budget of a sack of rice...

Everyone,

As for the shirt idea...

Damn, sounds like we've got a green light to go for it from Skagel via Bronco's delegation...Hell, I'll take 14 shirts, one for each day of the week and while the first seven are being washed, I can wear the other seven the next week.

Of course my polo shirts will have to be Chestnut colored with Arizona Beige collars as I think logical remarked. Of course they'll need to have the F150 KR badge without a doubt...Small emblem on the front at a minimum and big one on the back to go all out.

IMHO, each KR owner should order shirts with the same color as their truck so just in case we all meet, everyone will know who all the sucker's are with the Green and Blue color trucks.

Needless to say, it's probably going to be a cold day in hell before any of us can actually see one another with our shirts on since we can never agree on a time to meet, much less at the real King Ranch with our fancy KR shirts donned.

Later,

~DM~

Last edited by DAVEMAN; 08-22-2002 at 08:40 PM.
Old 08-22-2002, 08:30 PM

Last edited by MikeF150; 01-05-2005 at 05:17 PM.
Old 08-22-2002, 09:00 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The copyright stuff is exactly what I'm afraid of.... I'm not sure how the laws read but, I don't know that we can do it either.

That's why I have asked KR1 and Skagel to ask their respective parties this question. This was brought up FIRST THING when we started this thread (see my second or third post in this thread). I know we need to address this issue and that's PRECISELY why I mentioned it in the first place.

I agree with Dave's thought about each person having his/her respective color. Kind of a neat thought. Then again, we can do a flip flop (which would probably be easier) and go with a beige shirt with a KR logo the color of your truck as we may be limited on colors for the polos.

I'm sure there is going to be a set up fee that we'll have to divvy out across each shirt universally.

I'd really like to see this fly but, I want to make sure we don't start a legal bombshell on it's way towards our (my) lap. Even more specifically, I don't want KR1's wife's friend or Skagel's mom to end up holding the bag because they manufactured the shirts.

Anyone have a lawyer friend? Run this by them... see what they say.

Naturally, we're not going to be selling them for profit... whether the stitch shops want to sell them for profit, that's their call. I have a feeling that is where the law lies. If you are selling it for profit, then you are infringing. Otherwise, wouldn't every kid in America be in trouble for drawing a Nike or Adidas Logo? Naturally, I understand what we're doing and what Junior did for his 2nd grade art project are night and day different however, there are distinct similarities.

I'll reiterate. I/We don't want to get stuck holding a bucket full of poop if we can use the toliet. Let's make sure we do this the right way and not rush into this. Cross the t's and dot the i's.

Do you all follow me on this?

Also, none of you are seemingly sticking with the original format for color vote, style vote, etc. I would appreciate it, being the one that is helping to drive this thing, if you could follow the format. It's much easier to count votes and figure out what the majority wants. It's also going to be more simplistic if we all get the same kit and kaboodle. If you want to further customize your shirt (if they happen) then, it's your baby. Do it at your local embroidery shop. Let's not complicate things with additional logos, names, etc please.

That's my nightly novel. Please respond in the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 format for simplicity.

(in a voice like Alfred Hitch****) THANK YOU AND... GOODNIGHT.

RP

Old 08-22-2002, 09:21 PM
Rocky Balboa,

You've been playing on the "corn-puter" all day long, and now you tell me good night right when I finially have time to chat...well la-dee-da...

Okay,
I'll play...

1. Style of shirt (Polo)
2. Color of shirt (Chestnut w/Arizona Beige trim)
3. KR/F150 Logo or Other (KR/F150)
4. If we all truely like that big furry dinosaur Barney (Yes, if I have too...)
5. How much we're willing to pay for such a shirt. (All the gold in Fort Knox...Which I've been told is none, $25; Qty=2 or 3)
6. Baby bop: Male or Female? (Uhh, Dunno)
7. How big do we want the logo/pic? (As big as Texas, 2-3 inches or so)
8. Color of Logo (Made from Castano Brown leather)

Damn, I need one of those donuts in your sig, can you pass me one, chocolate covered please.

~DM~

Last edited by DAVEMAN; 08-24-2002 at 06:32 AM.
Old 08-22-2002, 09:30 PM
Moderator &

LMAO!

RP

Last edited by Rockpick; 09-02-2002 at 08:39 PM.
Old 08-22-2002, 09:40 PM
Rock - Crack, I don't know what the hell you're talking about dude...Where's that donut I requested?...It's the least you could do since I gave you your numbers in the format you requested, don't you think?

~DM~

Old 08-23-2002, 08:52 AM
Well, here's mine:

1. Style of shirt (Polo)
2. Color of shirt (Arizona Beige w/Chestnut trim, if that is the color on the logos)
3. KR/F150 Logo or Other (KR/F150)
4. If we all truely like that big furry dinosaur Barney (who? I don't have kids)
5. How much we're willing to pay for such a shirt. ($30 each for 2 or 3)
6. Baby bop: Male or Female? (who? I don't have kids)
7. How big do we want the logo/pic? (4"x2" so logo doesn't overpower the shirt)
8. Color of Logo (same as trim and collar, chestnut?)

I don't particularly want the customized color of my truck, as the blue would not weather very well in the washer. I am content with my neutral colors of beige and brown, plus it makes for less variation from the KR theme. I will be sitting inside the truck with this shirt, so it has to match the interior colors, not the exterior.

Old 08-23-2002, 08:59 AM
Moderator &

Dufunnel brings up a good point. The darker colors won't wear as well as a lighter color. Just a thought. I've already cast my votes... I'm sticking with the Az Beige and Burgandy stitching.

RP

Old 08-23-2002, 09:38 AM
If that's what you want to call it. I don't know the best way to convey the color of the badge. Is it burgundy, chestnut, brown? That's really the color I would like mine to be.

Old 08-23-2002, 10:51 AM
Moderator &

We're not getting a large 'outflow' of participation as I had expected. Any other KR owners interested?

RP

Old 08-23-2002, 11:21 AM
well as for legality? when my mom made my KR offroading light bonnets I did the stencil myself so she really wasn't involved.....and when another KR owner wanted some I had her make them and told him that I would send him the stencil, but he needed to to that part himself...partly because I used the paint that matched Tomas and his truck is Chestnut.

that is all I know.

oh and beige w/burgandy stiching for me too. make my shirt a small.....I want it to fit like it was made for me not my b/f dangit....bad enough everyone thinks my truck belongs to my b/f as it is....now I am gonna be wearing his shirts too!! geeesh.

Old 08-23-2002, 01:23 PM
Here's an idea for one of the cheesy picture on a T-Shirt things.

Old 08-23-2002, 01:24 PM
oh btw, Thanks go to RockPick for the picture.

Old 08-23-2002, 01:44 PM
I will be scanning in the fender badge when I get my new one in sometime next week. I ordered one to make my front license plate more customized. I will post that when I am able to do it.

Quick Reply: T-shirt Idea - Make Our Own - Who Is Interested?