King Ranch

T-shirt Idea - Make Our Own - Who Is Interested?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2002, 01:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have a digital camera...anything i can do to help, let me know. i'm also good w/ photoshop to fix the image if anything is wrong with it. glad to help

Old 08-22-2002, 01:12 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MOVING FORWARD...

Personally, I'd like to have a heads up on what everyone is leaning towards.

Here is what we need to decide.

1. Style of shirt
2. Color of shirt
3. KR/F150 Logo or Other
4. If we all truely like that big furry dinosaur Barney
5. How much we're willing to pay for such a shirt.
6. Baby bop: Male or Female?
7. How big do we want the logo/pic?
8. Color of Logo

When you respond, please respond in the numerical format, such as I've shown here with my votes:

Please only vote if you are willing to purchase a shirt for 'whatever' the price may be.

1. Short-Sleeved Polo style
2. Beige (something like AZ Beige - We all share this common color)
3. King Ranch/F-150 (just like the fender badge)
4. HELL NO
5. $40 probably... maybe more
6. Female
7. 4" X 4" or something decent sized to stand out
8. Burgandy (just like the badge color)

Again, all input is welcome. Please only vote if you're interested in purchasing a shirt.

RP

Old 08-22-2002, 01:24 PM
yeah everything that Rock said.

"that's 2 for Clark"...sorry European vacation flashbacks..

Old 08-22-2002, 02:14 PM
<-- Grins..

Sounds like I had a pretty decent idea about the scheme of the shirt. As for the logo size, I would have to adjust a little based on the dimensions of the actual logo. Since it is elongated, I would have to say 2"x4", since it is longer than it is in height. Just an observation.

Another thing we might want to add is the weight of the shirt. I know I have a number of polos that are really thin and don't stand up very well to wear. The thicker the shirt the better it stands up to wear, so I vote for a thicker weight shirt instead of a "see-thru" thin shirt, as I wouldn't want anyone to be able to see through to my manly chest Also I wonder if we can find some multicolored polos (if that is indeed the style shirt we look at getting) that have the beige main color and the embroidery color as sleeve cuffs and maybe collar as well.

(Can you tell that I wear lots of polo shirts? That is my main staple at work... Khakis and a polo)

Last edited by dufunnel; 08-22-2002 at 02:18 PM.
Old 08-22-2002, 02:18 PM
ya know I don't care much for Polo shirts....can we have them done on maybe a denim shirt? just a suggestion, I am pretty flexible.

Old 08-22-2002, 02:36 PM
Moderator &

I'm just like you dufunnel. My wardrobe consists of polo style shirts and golf shirts (one in the same) and jeans/khakis. Yeah, I think our style's are very very similar (as I sit here wearing jeans and a Greg Norman golf shirt).

I'm not as excited about a 'jean' shirt because, it's just me, but, I don't like jean shirts with jeans (and I wear jeans ALOT). But, if that's what the group decides, I shall live but, I would have to vote for a long sleeve jean shirt.

Please respond in the numerical format as it will be easier to 'tally' the votes if and when we actually do this.

RP

Old 08-22-2002, 03:07 PM
ok fine I will wear the polo shirt....ya'll can scrap the jean shirt idea. Just please make sure they make mine a small.....nothing worse then wearing a polo shirt 2 sizes to large.....youmen wouldn't understand that.....

so we have 3 votes for the beige polo RP

Old 08-22-2002, 03:46 PM
Arizona beige with chestnut collar trim and buttons right?

And it's not "stock" Skagel......it's "factory original "

Old 08-22-2002, 03:48 PM
Moderator &

Please don't start the color war... please... please... please...

Steer the course folks...

RP

Old 08-22-2002, 04:02 PM
Nice RP. I have been checking my wardrobe out today for suggestions, as I am wearing a Tommy polo with about the right color beige and navy stripes and navy collar and sleeves that is pretty heavy, so I looked at it for my ideas. I have finished everything off with a pair of jeans. That is my business casual. I agree with the denim shirt put down, as there aren't too many days out of the year that I could wear something that heavy. I plan on wearing this at least once a week, which is why I plan to get at least two of them (depending on price) so I have an extra when the first is dirty.

Old 08-22-2002, 05:19 PM
Erased post since no one knew what i was tlkaing about

Last edited by KRCOWBOY; 08-23-2002 at 08:25 AM.
Old 08-22-2002, 05:24 PM
Moderator &

Not sure I'm following you there KRCOWBOY. Could you clarify?

Thanks.

RP

Old 08-22-2002, 06:17 PM
Surprise....me again...don't have much time...but for the few minutes I have before watching my little KingRancher....why not get a total first of the styles/colors that people want. Send me an email to djpeterson@mac.com.

I need 2 things for when I talk to Sue. (Wife's friend, company owner...soon to be our best friend right?, it pays to know people)

What kind of shirt? denim or polo?
How many you want? 1 polo/1 denim or 1 arizona polo/1 blue polo/1 green polo.
If you want an altogether different style and color ( I'm heading down the Chestnut path here boys and girls)

Don't get nuts with trying to make everyone else happy. Pick what you like. We'll tell soon enough if we have enough orders for maybe 2 style shirts...hell I'd order a denim long sleeve and a polo short sleeve and maybe a toddler size 4t for the little Rancher

Let me know asap if you can.

Old 08-22-2002, 07:50 PM
Folks,

I don't want to rain on Rock's parade with his great idea, and I'm all for the King Ranch T-Shirts, however don't we need to get permission from the King Ranch in order to create clothing with the running "W" logo?

I think the King Ranch saddle shop is the only place you can buy authentic clothing with the running "W" insignia. I would be willing to bet that they won't give us the okay to do it and if we do it anyway, they'll line us all up and broadside to a cattle stampede.

Besides, as soon as they realize that they could create an F-150 shirt with King Ranch on it, they'll be jumping on that wagon like Roy Rogers onto Silver.

Oh well, if everyone thinks its okay, I'll put in my numbers as Rock requested. Just let me know.

Later,

~DM~

Old 08-22-2002, 07:57 PM
OK, we better get our story straight right now if we run into trouble with copyright infringement.

" Officer, the whole thing was Skagel's idea. She threatened us into doing it and told us that she would key our trucks to the sheet metal if we didn't co-operate."

That should clear (most of) us.
BD

Quick Reply: T-shirt Idea - Make Our Own - Who Is Interested?