King Ranch

Used KR?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2002, 06:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Used KR?

I've been suffering from truck envy lately, so I've been keeping my eyes open for a suitable replacement for my Lariat. I can't seem to decide if I want a Harley editon or a KR. Then, it occured to me that every car or truck that I've owned was black, and that I don't think I could do that to myself anymore. About the time I came to that conclusion, I came across a 2001 KR in Charcoal Blue. A SuperCrew with only 13,000 miles, it even has the roof-hole. The stealership wants 25900 for it. Has anyone out there bought or priced used KR's? Is this price a good starting point - what should I be willing to pay for this buggy? Any advise out there?

Old 07-05-2002, 04:09 AM
I did not get as much response as I thought to my thread about depreciation.
Obviously KR owners are a wealthy bunch who don't need to bother about such trifles !
From looking at the prices I see in papers when I am in Houston and good ol Eboy it doesn't seem too bad a price at all though still try to get down to the round 25000.

Go with the KR....I gave up on black vehicles years ago...too much of a pain to keep clean, and however hard I tried there were always swirl marks in the paint !
Good luck !

Old 07-05-2002, 09:16 AM
dang 25900 for a used "CHARCOAL BLUE" KR! Is it a 4x4? man I would jump on that one, but first check for any rust damaged from salt.....whenever I buy a used vehicle I go at least down south to Tennsesee to get away from cancer infected vehicles...but I am a very **** individual.

Good luck in you used KR hunting and hope to welcome you aboard soon as another obsessed KR owner.

Old 07-05-2002, 10:21 AM
Damn, thats alot for a used truck, I can get a 02" KR 4x2 with a 5.4 for 24.- brand new out the door. My cousin just worked a deal and got a 02 lariat w. 4.6 for 21K brand new out the door....Good luck on hunting....

Patrick

BTW, i got my HD F150 for 7K off sticker....you just gotta go str8 to the pitboss and dont mess with salesmen.

Old 07-05-2002, 11:02 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I tend to agree with Lent. From what I've seen on ebay and other lots around my area, I've typically seen them around $24,500 to $25,500 for a KR SCREW 4x4.

See if you can work it to $24,000. Find some of the tiniest flaws that you can find on the truck and make a huge deal out of them. That worked for me...

I started at 'A-Plan' price and worked from there. Mine was a demo and had about 6k miles when I bought it. It had a couple of tiny scratches on the outside of the bed (where some bonehead had reached into the bed with a belt or metal button on the pants), a small knick in the front, and another TINY scratch on a door. I made those little spots the CENTER POINT of my negotiations. Sure, they said 'we'll get you some touch-up paint...' . Needless to say, I told them that wasn't enough. I came out exactly where I wanted to be on the deal and even, somehow, by the grace of god, worked in the Arizona Beige bedliner. I got a great deal. I've since talked to my salesperson down there (I've bought two vehicles from him--a good salesperson and a great guy) and he said that the sales manager caught absolute hell from the general manager for letting my truck go at the price for which he said 'sell'. He even said that he had caught some grief for not second guessing the sales manager to make sure they were making a little bit of money on the deal.

I walked out of there with a 2001 SCREW for less than they paid for it (about $3,000 less) and a $300 bedliner in the deal for free. My salesperson still refers to me as 'THE BANDIT'--then again, as he said, "this dealership can eat some costs here and there but, when someone gets out of here with a GREAT deal and I still get the same amount of commission...I'm all for it".

Just some friendly advice. It worked for me. Individual results may vary.

RP

Old 07-05-2002, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the replys. I'm a bit out of touch with the used market - I've seen a few used HD's but this is the first KR I've seen sitting on the lot waiting for it's next owner.

The truck is a 4X4, and has the 5.4. Pretty sure it has a rear slider, too (although I was bouncing around like a kid in a candy store for even finding one - so I don't remember!)

Thanks again for the replys!

Old 07-05-2002, 12:30 PM
sounds like a good deal considering the new price of those trucks. check it over w/ a fine tooth comb and check all the service records, ford should have record of ever time that vehicle has been serviced.

Old 07-08-2002, 08:34 AM
Sounds like a good deal to me. My trade-in value for my 4x2 2001 KR with 12000 miles is 24???. I have been tossing around the idea of getting rid of it for a new one when the 03's come out. The retail according to KBB and NADA is 25???.

I'm not sure if I believe the 24k for a brand new 2002. Not even Ford employees could swing that deal.

Old 07-08-2002, 12:49 PM

I'm not sure if I believe the 24k for a brand new 2002. Not even Ford employees could swing that deal. [/B]

Call Texan FOrd in Katy texas and ask for the Fleet Sales mangaer....he will hook anyone up....but tell him that you heard about it thru this BBS.

Old 07-17-2002, 08:36 PM
KR Pricing

Damn... at 24K I'll take two <G>. My best deal on my MSRP of 31,300. was a 28,230 sales price. I'm curious to know how a dealer can sell a truck for 4,000.00 less than dealer invoice

Old 07-17-2002, 08:49 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Through Ford A-PLAN it is VERY possible.

Old 07-18-2002, 08:54 AM
A suggestion on trying to find a good price on a used KR is to look at the Kelly Blue Book on see what a Lariat witht eh same specs is going for. Then add about $1500 for the KR leather seats. My 2 cents.

24K on an 02 4x2? New? How many armed guman did you take with you to get that deal? Invoice is around 28K and the dealers around here tried real hard to sneak in the hidden charges at that price. Gosh darn Greenway Ford tried to sneak in an extra $2500 while telling us we were getting the deal we wanted. Needless to say the numbers weren't coming out right. I wonder how many people they've screwed there. Anyway, if you can get a KR for that much, BUY IT NOW!!

Old 07-18-2002, 09:59 AM
I'm sorry to hear that Greenway did that. Both vehicles I got there were with x-plan, so they didn't screw me (well, once with my King Ranch ) until I went into financing to haggle with them. It took me three times walking out and them running to bring me back before they gave me what I wanted.

Old 07-18-2002, 10:07 AM
Yeah, Greenway did not want to deal with us. We went up to Prestige in Mount Dora, they are REALLY nice up there. At least to us.

Old 07-18-2002, 10:15 AM
Question, I here all this stuff about "plans". What are they and how do you become eligable for them? I know thay one has to deal with Ford employees is all I know about it.