King Ranch

Expy Console

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2002, 09:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
some guy pulled up in an '01 expy acrossed the street from where I work so I ran out there with a ruller and asked him if I could take some measurements. At first he looked at the ruler and looked at me and started to smile and laugh a bit....then I said "no, no, no" "Can I measure your center console" he was gracious and let me crawl all over his expy checking out all the little nitches of the console. I think it was because I was wearin a pair of shorts and a little t-shirt but I got my measurements didn't I? of course my truck being at the dealership this information is useless to me. I did see that his console had controls for the radio and stuff in the back where we have cup holders. this space would be open and you would have to make something to close it up and you would loose your cup holders for the back seat.....not sure I want to do this either.

Old 06-07-2002, 10:06 PM

Last edited by MikeF150; 01-07-2005 at 04:29 PM.
Old 06-08-2002, 07:20 AM
Sarah,

Okay, you measured the damn thing, is it going to fit the Screw or will the KR lid fit the Expy console? You started your last thread out with leading us to believe you're going to tell us the results of all your excitment but you forgot to tell us the outcome.

My Dad has an '01 Eddie Bauer Expy and it turns out that I was riding in it yesterday and I looked at the setup but didn't have access to a tape measure. I compared the lid size to my KR several times back and forth and the Expy lid looks longer by a few inches or so.

I'm sure we can make the center console work and we'd just have to get the center console lid recovered with KR leather from the saddle shop in Texas. Hmmm, now my gears are turning as an opportunity just struck me.

~DM~

Old 06-08-2002, 07:40 AM
well, since I don't have Tomas to measure and I am not about to go and suck up to my moms neighbor and ask to measure his I will have to waite till I get Tomas back. not sure when I will have time to drive down to Toledo to pick him up. He still isn't done yet. They have to do some paint work because the brush guard scratched the paint on the drivers side fender pretty bad.

Old 06-08-2002, 07:02 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm just assuming here but...

I believe Dave was asking for you to post the measurements that you took... we can help you out while Tomas is in the hospital. Plus, there are those of us (*me**hint hint*) that are pretty interested in this as well. Share the wealth!

I've looked at that picture of the Navi console. That one looks larger than the Expy. Wonder if the Navi console would work. My grandfather has a Navi but, I won't see that thing for several weeks so, if any Navi or Expy owners would mind posting some measurements of their center consoles... we here at the KR Fourm would appreciate it...

Please include:

Length X Width Measurements (including units used-i.e. inches, feet, etc)
Any Photos that you may have including how the lid closes and any moving parts etc...
Year of your Vehicle so that we might have a better idea of what year wreck to track down at the junkyard.

Thanks a bunch folks. We really appreciate it...

RP

Old 06-09-2002, 07:17 PM
ummm, pictures....hmmm....didn't think to take pictures...hmm I will see if he lets me monday. and as for the measurements, I would love to give them to ya, but I wrote them down on a little note pad and accidently sorta left the note pad on my desk. I think it was like 16" long though can't remember the rest of them....oh but the lid looks like ours with the little place on the underside to put a small box of tissues.
oh yeah and it was an '01

Old 06-09-2002, 09:29 PM
Moderator &

Hrrm, maybe all is not lost. *crosses fingers*

RP

Old 06-09-2002, 09:35 PM
Guys,

My dad has an '01 Eddie Bauer Expy and I got a good look at it yesterday but still didn't have a tape measure with me. The expy lid looks at least one or two inches longer than ours though.

My idea is to just get the Exply lid covered with the KR leather and forget trying to make the KR lid fit, that way there's no issues. However, if it turns out that they are identical in length and width, then I guess it will be a no brainer, right?

Later,
~DM~

Old 06-10-2002, 08:37 AM
um not sure who wants to kill me first, but I kinda sorta misplaced the measurements.....I am really sorry...If I see that guy again today I will run over there.....camera in hand this time, measure it and post the info this evening.....I swear I will not loose it and I will not forget.....I have no life so it isn't like I am gonna get caught up doing something else and forget about it...it is written on the palm of my hand where all important stuff is kept.

Old 06-10-2002, 04:45 PM
Moderator &

Nah, no one's going to kill you... we're just going to hunt down that KRANCH of yours and have SEVERAL KEYS IN HAND and threaten to do MAJOR damage until you disclose the measurements.

I think you're holding out on us because you want this console for yourself and yourself only!!

Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore... muhahahahaha.

*yes, I have gone totally insane*

RP

Old 06-10-2002, 05:29 PM
Wow, I sure missed a lot while I was on vacation for a week. I have been thinking about this for awhile, but haven't looked that closely at it since I have been too busy. This would certainly help if someone can provide some insight.

Old 06-11-2002, 09:37 AM
the guy acrossed the street never came in yesterday so I have no new measurements and no pictures....grrr.....I really don't think I am going to do this mod though. I like having the cup holders for the back seat and I know I would loose them by doing this mod....I also don't like the fact that I will have agaping hole in the back of the console that I will have to fill up with something and that something won't match and will keep my up at night. but if I see that guy today I will ask him if I could take some pic's and more measurements and I will post them for those who are still interested.

Old 06-11-2002, 01:00 PM
You would think that the 2002's would have the expy consoles in them, since the 2002 Harleys have them. However, I will check out my future father-in-law's 2002 Expy next weekend when I am there to check for compatibility with my KR.

Old 06-11-2002, 02:16 PM
I have a 99 Expy with console, the PICS posted previously wrongly depict a change in console design as having occured in the 99 model year. The change (which is in frame in the posted PICS0 is that 97-99 Expys with rear HVAC had the rear HVAC controls mounted in a pod that is attached to the roof/headlininer. The '00 and up Expys with rear HVAC have the controls mounted in the redesigned console.

Now that that is done on to the measurements . . .

Well my Expy is either in my driveway or at my wifes office right now. . . and I am in my office (company F150 in lot) over 50 miles away. I'll try to get some console lid measurements tonight and post them for you'll. Of course this being my daughters birthday, her and my wife may have other plans then sitting around looking at the back of my head while I am online

Last edited by Petrol; 06-11-2002 at 02:23 PM.
Old 06-11-2002, 03:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Petrol,

The difference that I was showing in the pictures had nothing to do with the HVAC controls. The lids on the consoles changed in either 99 or 00. The older style like in my truck has a narrower lid so that you can use the armrests. The newer Expy consoles are wider because the Expys do not have armrests.

Quick Reply: Expy Console