King Ranch

New Color for KR

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2002, 11:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i would think that it would get more of the trucks on the road down there in texas and therefore they would get more press for the trucks so they could sell more as i imagine that if they could double the number they could sell they would do it in a minute. your probably right about them not wanting to give anything away though especially if one looks at that catalog of theirs. sarah asked for stuff out of there for christmas and i just laughed. love her to death but i just don't make the cash she does.

Old 02-01-2002, 10:48 PM
what do ya all think of a kr that is black with gold metal flake in the paint. not sure how that would look with the beige, but it might work nicely. thoughts??

Old 02-02-2002, 07:24 PM
as long as the metal flake wasn't too getto looking i imagine it would look nice with the beige 2 tone.

Old 02-02-2002, 08:52 PM
actually now that i've given it more thought, it seems the kr colours are kinda muted and classy looking vs standout/look at me colours like bright red, etc. therefore, i think a nice tri-coat crushed pearl white would be awesome with the beige two tone!!

Old 02-02-2002, 09:22 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hrmm.... I kinda like that.... are you talking the pearl color like the Caddy's and the Limited Explorers have? I think that WOULD look good...

Old 02-03-2002, 01:12 AM
rockpick,

just the other day i saw a cadillac escalade with that pearl white and it looked awesome!! prolly would look killer on the kr...!

Old 02-03-2002, 08:12 AM
Guys,

I have to agree that a premium pearl white with either the Harvest Gold or the Arizona Beige high cut line trim would be something I'd love to see and possibly own. Gotta love that white 'cause dirt doesn't show quite as bad as on darker colors. You know, larger spans of time between washings

Later,
DaveMan

Old 02-03-2002, 09:01 AM
oh yeah...love the pearl white...moms cadillac eldorado is pearl white...gorgeous.....it's for sale anyone want it? but seriously though a pearl white KR i think that is something we should ask ford to consider.

Old 02-03-2002, 10:19 AM
Does anyone know if any person at Ford looks at any of these forums and posts.
If not they should be directed to do so.
I think if anyone could tell them what direction to go regarding colors etc. it is the wised-up afficionados on these posts!

Old 02-03-2002, 03:13 PM
my b/f works for ford and is on this and the other sight daily, but of course he has no decision in the future colors of our trucks....i know that ford is aware of this ond the other website. as for wether they have people who are payed to read the posts and take notes from these sights is beyond me...they should though...i would be the first to apply for that job

now they do have this thing called customer feedback and you can give your opinions on pretty much anything...now as if they listen...i would like to hope they do...

Old 02-03-2002, 03:43 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I WANT COMPENSATION!! LOL

My opinions are worth money to my clients. (not sure if they are to Ford or not). Let's see, Ford, if you're reading this, you know who I am. Just email me and I'll send you my mailing address. You can just put me on the payroll. I'll be waiting for an email!

ROFL

Old 02-03-2002, 08:57 PM
if ford was listening don't you think that the lightning would be available with a 5 or 6 speed tranny.

as far as the pearl goes, best idea yet for a new color, as a group you may just be able to get ford to go for this.

Quick Reply: New Color for KR