King Ranch

New Color for KR

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2002, 01:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
they are all pre-cut strips....they replaced some of mine and gave me the left overs...that is how i found out.

Old 01-30-2002, 02:00 PM
OK....
you've made it into a challenge now !
Pre cut strips have to come off a roll somewhere along the line....
Mmmmm...wonder who makes the rolls in the first place.
Can't be that difficult to find out....or for that matter to find a graphics/lettering/decal company that would make the particular design up as a repro.
Internet here I come.

Old 01-30-2002, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Skagel
try $42k after tax/title/destination/and a few mods....ok the mods were 4k, but still...
oh yeah you have the gun envy springfield armory stainless steel 5" of pure bliss!!! oh i ordered a conversion kit for it....
to bad i didn't have better taste in men though huh?
oh and no affense, but not sure if i trust ya near my truck with paint.
not to worry, i will practice until i can do it perfect before even touching your truck. we might need to buy a bigger wheel for it though if they even still make parts for it. make sure and take that 1911 to joe's dad when you get the kit as custom guns are quite a bit tighter than stock ones and you might need some gun smithing. as far as men go, well, that's a crap shoot as you've picked both good and bad but that was more accidental than anything. hey, at least you can pick out guns and trucks

Old 01-30-2002, 02:21 PM
What planet are you on ?

What was that last post all about and how did it follow on from the previous ones?

Old 01-30-2002, 03:32 PM
Lenticular,
when i get home i will look at the box that the pin striping tape came in....i am pretty sure it the shipping address was dearborn MI....but totally not 100% on that. i do remember it was a ford box, but that could mean anything.

Old 01-30-2002, 03:44 PM
Spiffing idea !

( Smashing)

Old 01-30-2002, 05:17 PM
ok well, the box is of absolutely no use to us....just says that it is a strip kit and is a ford cetified part...oh yeah dearborn mi 48121. and a bunch of crap about it conforming to federal vehicle safety standards...blah blah blah. well, if you are serious i can send ya one of the extra stips i have....i don't personally want to replace my tape pinstriping w/ more tape pinstriping....although i would consider it if the tape were more like on my moms truck....it is much wider then ours....doesn't wrap around like i think it should...stops 1/4" from the edges like ours does.

Old 01-30-2002, 05:53 PM
Thanks so much for your offer but I think that once I start I will want to redo the striping on the whole truck.....
and let's face it being truckless over here until I return to the States in the indeterminate future I need something to occupy my time so I will continue to cogitate (Thats allowed in the UK by the way) on ways to obtain the necessary full monty.

Ta Ta for now old bean.....
off up the wooden hills doncherknow!

Need to get up early to do battle with the M6 motorway.
(See it to believe it....4 lanes of traffic all doing around 90 mph)
Her indoors has issued orders about a shopping trip to Manchester.
Yuk !!

Old 01-30-2002, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Lenticular
What planet are you on ?

What was that last post all about and how did it follow on from the previous ones?
i was following the pin striping hence possibly needing a new wheel. the other stuff was just between my sis and i. as far as the pin striper goes it is basically a paint tube with a wheel on it and comes with a magnetic strip that is incredibly long that one can use to run the tool against so that the stripe will be straight or whatever shape one wants it in. a real cool tool, comes with different width wheels and such and looks to be pretty easy to use since no one seems to be able to do it with a brush anymore. if sarah lets me do it to her truck i have a few ideas to make the stripe a little more fancy but not crazy.

Old 01-31-2002, 09:49 AM
ok then.....
back to the original topic.....howabout a deep metallic purple with the same arizona beige trim? it will sorta almost look black? i know kinda getting girly on ya's

Old 01-31-2002, 11:19 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Purple? Yikes.... not too sure about that one. If you're speaking more of the 'blue' tone versus the purple tone...maybe. The thought of a purple KR scares me...

Old 01-31-2002, 02:24 PM
yeah purple blue whatever....yeah though the purple with the dark blue tones...

Old 01-31-2002, 09:17 PM
Guys,

My pick for another color combo on the KR would have to be the Oxford White/Arizona Beige. I had a '00 4x4 Scab in that color and I just loved it. I wanted to get a S'Crew in white but with no FX4 available when I was shopping and no white KRs either, I just bought what they had on hand. Of course I was able to get an unbeatable deal since it'd been sitting around for almost six months.

Later,

DaveMan

Old 01-31-2002, 09:47 PM
cool, mom has an 02 scab in that color combo with the fx4 package, very sweet. the scary thing is though, sarah said they put it together better than the kranch's as i never got around to popping the hood on it. still though, i would imagine if they make any other colors they will be kranch exclusive. the deep purple/blue sarah talked about sounds nice. how about instead they do a screw dually 4x4 to add to the line, that would sell real nice and go along with the kranch theme real well. i figure for as much as ya'll spend on your trucks they should at least give you a weekend at the ranch for free.

Old 01-31-2002, 09:58 PM
Hey pkagel,

As much as I like my KR, I don't think the Ranch would give someone a free kick in the **** with freshly conditioned sharply pointed KR boots from the gift shop.

My guess is they are in the middle of no where so if they've survived for decades off something other than tourism, then someone with an F-150 with their badge on it probably owes them some royallty or franchise fee.

I would like to visit there still but from my experience talking with them, they aren't the freindliest folks I've ever had to deal with, that's for sure.

Later,
DaveMan

Quick Reply: New Color for KR