F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   King Ranch (https://www.f150online.com/forums/king-ranch-79/)
-   -   New Color for KR (https://www.f150online.com/forums/king-ranch/64451-new-color-kr.html)

Lenticular 01-28-2002 01:26 PM

New Color for KR

If Ford were to introduce just one more colour for the KR what would you vote for.
I love Arizona Beige as a colour but then the lower body colour would be ineffective.

What are your suggestions for new colour schemes?
Anyone expert with photo manipulation to show us the results?
PS Sorry reverted to English form of Colour !!

https://www.f150online.com/forums/fo...?s=&forumid=79

pkagel 01-28-2002 08:00 PM

smoke grey with the az beige bottom would be sweet

Dennis 01-28-2002 08:11 PM

How about Pinto colored? Hey, it's a "Ranch" ain't it? :)

Rockpick 01-29-2002 12:55 PM

I'd like to see one in that electric blue color that Ford has out on the Expy's. Not sure the AZ beige would be the color for the trim though. Heck, I don't know... I just love that blue color. Guess it's because I'm in Kentucky. :) GO WILDCATS!

Skagel 01-29-2002 06:07 PM

Originally posted by pkagel
smoke grey with the az beige bottom would be sweet
obviously my brother inherited our fathers bad taste in color combinations...yuck...grey with the arizona beige and castano leather.....man that is just not good at all...i would like to see a white KR though.

pkagel 01-29-2002 08:22 PM

can't have white, kranch's have to have their own color combo's. besides, the leather matches the az beige, not the main body color as leather think about it, does blue and tan sound good in your head as a color combo on a truck but look at yours kiddo, it looks great doesn't it. sarah has no imagination but she makes up for it with impecible taste so i let her slide besides, i've seen similar combos and it looks better than you could imagine i do have weird color likes though, i'm going to two tone the bug smoke grey and the medium grey off of the audi tt and add a very small amount of metallic to the mix to set it off.

:D

Skagel 01-30-2002 08:35 AM

ok i am not gonna argue w/ya and try to explain what i meant, but yes yes i am.....i meant white like moms truck w/ the beige trim just like the rest of the KR trucks....and yes in my head blue does look great with beige.....ever paid attention to a gap add....blue polo tops w/cackey pants...looks great.....oh and imagination my butt...who told dad not to paint the stakes on the nissan green? hhmm yeah that would be me....and what did he do after not following my advice? painted them back to black...

oh and KR fellas,
the pinstriping on my moms '02 scab lariat flareside fx4 is far superior to our crappy pinstriping....i was so jealous of hers...it is still the crappy tape kind which i am sure she will have removed later on, but it is still better...and no bubbles either....

oh and if any of ya'll know where i can find the ford oval emblems in white let me know....mom wants them on her truck...only thing i could find were these decals you put over the existing oval....looks great from a distance, but won't last very long.

thanks for any help.

Rockpick 01-30-2002 08:46 AM

Pinstripping

Funny that you mentioned the pinstripe thing. I noticed on my dad's 99 Lariet Supercab that his pinstripes were PERFECT. I couldn't find a flaw. I've been pretty disgusted with how mine were put on. They have about a 1/4 inch that hangs off where the bed and the cab meet. I've thought VERY SERIOUSLY about raising heck about this but, I've come to the realization that I have 2.5 years remaining to worry about this problem. It's not visual to the naked eye. The only time I notice it is when I rub on my truck. Of course, that 1/4 inch that's hanging off isn't covered on the other end of the stripe (nearest the tailgate) thus, there's a 1/4 inch spot where there isn't a pinstripe.

I'll find the men and women who didn't put my pinstripe on correctly. And by-golly when I do... ohhhhh when I do. "POW! right in the kisser!" :)

LMAO. Did someone call me obcessed on here on another thread? I'm not obcessed, I'm psychotic!! Muhahahahhaa!!

:D

pkagel 01-30-2002 09:46 AM

LOL, green, glad i didn't see that, i told him not to do it either, quite funny. i said you had no imagination, i have always enveyed your taste as you can pick out nice stuff real well, like that new 1911 a1 and the truck for that matter. you know sarah, i have the striping kit that dad and i picked up at the portland swap meet back in the 70's and if you were to buy the right color paints we could paint your stripes on instead and that would look real sharp because i have to agree with you on the crappy job they did. bad enough it's a sticker but then to put it on crooked. hell my 93 lightning had painted stripes on it and i only paid 17 new for that one and you paid what almost 30k more for yours. i'll check out here in so cal to see if i can find a white ford emblem, that would look sweet.

Skagel 01-30-2002 10:23 AM

try $42k after tax/title/destination/and a few mods....ok the mods were 4k, but still...
oh yeah you have the gun envy:D springfield armory stainless steel 5" of pure bliss!!! oh i ordered a conversion kit for it....
to bad i didn't have better taste in men though huh?
oh and no affense, but not sure if i trust ya near my truck with paint.

Lenticular 01-30-2002 10:57 AM

When I posed the question about possible new colors for future King Ranch trucks I thought I would understand the answers.

I live in England (part of the time), speak English, have a degree in English......
and yet recent answers appear to have been written for the benefit of members of a secret society.

My thoughts about the pinstriping were much the same though...
Should we have a pinstripe thread ?.....
Over the years I have applied pinstripes myself to many cars and have made a better job than the so called professionals at Ford.

Rockpick 01-30-2002 11:30 AM

Secret Society Meeting Scheduled

There is a meeting scheduled for the "SOCIETY OF KING RANCH OWNERS" (SOKRO) for next week. We could vote you in for the right price.

Oh yeah... how about a yellow and purple KR? I think that'd be AWESOME! Maybe they could put the BAYWATCH logo on the hood. How sweet would that be?

Okay okay, I hope you all know I'm joking... :)

Lenticular 01-30-2002 11:41 AM

I thought

"KROK"

would be a more appropriate acronym.

King Ranch Owners Klub.

Is it Old Crock for the vehicle or the owner?

We would all be KROKS.

Replies NOT required.

(Though they could be funny)

Skagel 01-30-2002 11:49 AM

LOL

Lenticular...you i trust near my truck....wanna do my pinstiping for me?;) i also don't really trust anyone touching my baby

Lenticular 01-30-2002 01:22 PM

How nice of you to say so !

If you ever need to do any pinstriping it really is very easy especially with the one most important "Trick of the trade".
And, after all, like some procedures with our 'toys' if it goes wrong you just pull it off and start again.....albeit with a fresh length of tape.

Incidentally has anyone inquired about the prices of a spare roll of tape for the KR or do they try to con the customers by selling individual lengths?

One day when back in the States I know I'll be tempted to do mine again...properly.

ie going around the corners, and tucked behind wheel arches.
NOT finishing half an inch short at every opportunity !