King Ranch

Leather Conditioner...

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2002, 09:06 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Dave... really man.... there are programs available to drug users out there that can help you. I'll hunt for some links to some 'help' sites... I know they'll be willing to take you in...

Oh yeah dave... check out this nifty calculation...

To convert a Fahrenheit temperature into Celsius:

Tc = (5/9)*(Tf-32)

For example, to convert a Fahrenheit temperature of 98.6 degrees into degrees Celsius first subtract 32 from the Fahrenheit temperature to get 66.6. Then you multiply 66.6 by five-ninths to get 37 degrees Celsius.

To convert a Celsius temperature into degrees Fahrenheit:

Tf = ((9/5)*Tc)+32

For example, to convert a Celsius temperature of 100 degrees into degrees Fahrenheit, first multiply the Celsius temperature reading by nine-fifths to get 180. Then add 32 to 180 and get 212 degrees Fahrenheit.

Yeah yeah yeah, it's not truck related Mike but, as a scientist, I have to be 'witty' about this type of thing; especially when it comes to Dave. Lent will agree with me on this one... him being a scientist as well.

Us geologists/meteorologists have to stay 'slightly ahead of the curve'.

Last edited by Rockpick; 02-15-2002 at 09:08 PM.
Old 02-16-2002, 07:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Rock,

Man, you're pretty damn arrogant! If you think that only scientist know how to convert temperatures from one system to another, then your head must not even fit into your truck.

All I was talking about was this degree symbol °F or °C, not the conversions themselves. So, BTW, to get the degree symbol to show up instead of typing out degrees everytime, hit and hold down Alt-0176 on your computer keyboard and let up all at once where you want to insert the symbol.

DaveMan,

Old 02-16-2002, 09:06 AM
Moderator &

Arrogant maybe... edjucated definut'ly.

Old 02-16-2002, 11:34 AM
I'm not getting involved !!

Old 02-16-2002, 11:46 AM
PS Rock....
Only just seen your post about temps. informing me of the conversion to degrees C.
I am afraid I am of an age where the rest of the EEC can go explore it' s own nether regions.
I am of an age where hot still equals 90.
I weigh 12 Stones, and my truck is however many feet long my truck is.
The world wants to get this metrication rubbish sorted.
Strange isn't it the world's pilots still fly around so many feet in altitude.
Pounds, shillings and pence rule OK.

I love a country that could have 12 pence to a shilling and 21 shillings to a guinea.
Anything to confuse the furriners!

By the way I didn't pick up your post right away as we had to go down to the south coast on family business.....
In the S Type....400 miles in 5 hours. Not a bad average eh.
All I'm waiting for now is the speed camera pics to start dropping through my letterbox...
I could lose my licence from one trip !

Old 02-16-2002, 12:58 PM
Not to interupt the math lesson... I tried a new leather conditioner today. I stopped by a farm supply store and picked up Horseman's One Step Original Creme. It's made by W.F. Young of Longmeadow MA of all places. Their web site is www.absorbine.com. And no, I am not a saleman for this product. The leather seems to be noticably softer than with the King Ranch Conditioner. While applying it to the seats, I noticed that both of the front seats had come undone on the console side of the seats. Has anyone gotten a fix for this yet?

Old 02-16-2002, 01:41 PM
Moderator &

astuber,

Haven't solved anything on the seats thus far. Mine have, yet again, come unbuckled and I have, yet again, fixed them myself. It's becoming VERY annoying.

I plan on using the lexol tomorrow. I'll post results.

I did notice, after cleaning out the inside earlier today, that my leather seems to be dryer than prior to conditioning with the f150 KR conditoner. Personally, I think that stuff is pretty lousey. It has an awful odor, gives 'lackluster' results, and is VERY expensive. I'm hoping this lexol will be the answer to my leather questions. Hey astuber, what's that stuff that you used smell like? It pretty harsh? Chemical smell?

Old 02-16-2002, 03:23 PM
rockpick,
I don't notice much of a smell at all. I just checked inside the truck and it may have a faint odor of a solvent but nothing that bothers me. If you stick your nose into the container you can smell a petroleum like odor. It is made by the same company that makes absorbine jr, the pain relief linament. I agree that the King Ranch conditioner is very expensive. This stuff was $5.95 for 15oz and seems to be better.

Old 02-17-2002, 09:22 PM
Moderator &

Well, for all of you that have been sitting patiently; wondering how the LEXOL worked...

KEEP SITTING....

I didn't get around to it this past weekend. I'm a lazy slacker (like dave and lent). I'll let you know when I get around to it...

Old 02-18-2002, 04:55 AM
Talking

LIBEL......I'll sue !

(Why don't my smilies work?)

Old 02-19-2002, 08:18 AM
Moderator &

Thumbs up LEXOL CONDITIONER

**I DO NOT WORK FOR, NOR ENDORSE, LEXOL... I JUST WANT TO SHARE MY EXPERIENCE WITH A GOOD LEATHER CONDITIONER**

On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being the best), IMO Lexol weighs in at a STRONG 8. (8.8)

Here's the pros:

Goes on super easy. (I have the spray bottle). Just spray some on a towel and work it into the leather. Very easy. Good coverage. It seems to cover the leather very well and has quick absorption into the leather. Definately nourishes the leather. I had a few places on the driver's seat that were showing some 'slight wear' (dry from continual flexing/movement and had some slight discoloration). The LEXOL brought those places back to life. Too early to tell on the conditoning properties as far as making the leather more supple and soft. I'll repost with my opinion at a later date.

Here's the cons:

Compared to the Ford leather conditoner, it smells like the newest, freshest scent from GLADE Air Freshener Company but, it's still not a saddle. Very tolerable however. Only a slight chemical scent in the air in the passenger compartment. It has a 'slight tacky feel'. I noticed the tackiness (slightly sticky) immediately after application however, after a good buffing after the product had set into the leather, it didn't possess that same quality. Thus, the tackiness was only temporary and thus, no big deal.

As a side note, I tested the Lexol by simply spraying it on some leather, I DO NOT RECCOMEND THIS. The liquid is heavy (almost a gel consistency) and the 'globs' that spray out have the tendency to absorb VERY quickly into the leather thus causing the unpopular 'spray pattern' look on your seats. It took me several minutes to work these out enough so that they weren't so apparent. As the bottle states, simply spray it on a towel and work it in... that no doubt works the best. Pay special attention to the stitching on the seats. Personally, I worked the conditioner in by hand around the stitches but, that's totally up to you and your own personal work habits. (I sprayed some in my hand and worked it in with my fingers).

Overall, as I stated earlier, it's good stuff. I paid about $9.00 (US) for the spray bottle. I used about 1/3 of the bottle for the application to every piece of leather in my King Ranch. I still plan on purchasing the Fiebings 4-way Care conditioner and the Connley's (pending I can find them -- I don't plan on ordering them from the internet now that I've found a good conditioner that's locally available).

Feel free to email or post questions. I'll be checking this board often and also updating on the longevity that Lexol has/will provide.

Last edited by Rockpick; 02-19-2002 at 08:21 AM.
Old 02-19-2002, 12:26 PM
My, My...........
You seem to be getting into leather in quite a big way.

(Say n'more....nudge nudge....wink wink....elbow elbow !)

Do you know where that comes from by the way!?

(Anyway you're doing a grand job ....don't believe what all the rest are saying !)

Old 02-19-2002, 12:43 PM
hey rock, I have never in my life met somebody as scent sensitive as you....hmm....with your attention to detail on that KR leather it makes me think about....hmmm...never mind...better not...family oriented website...wouldn't be prudent.....but I am very impressed nonetheless. goodwork....and keep it up.....

Old 02-19-2002, 08:13 PM
Moderator &

Lent, yup, I'm becoming a leather aficionado like you... or at least trying...

skagel, dirty minded... I LIKE! hahahah

Old 02-20-2002, 12:12 AM
Lent-
...say no more....say no more.......

Quick Reply: Leather Conditioner...