King Ranch

Can't Decide

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2001, 10:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't Decide

I have a 99 XLT supercab and have been thinking of either getting a 4x4 Supercrew King Ranch or keeping my truck and getting a 2002 Cobra Convertable (if they come out) and keeping my truck. For those of you that have the King Ranch, do you love it? How is the ride compared to a supercab 4x4? I have 2 kids and am thinking of getting the 2 back buckets, How do you like those? Also, 0% was extended, and want to take advantage of it, even though I usually pay cash. Any pros and cons would be appreciated. I am thinking of chestnut color with all options.

Old 11-25-2001, 10:12 AM
Hey Triton99,

I think you should get the Screw, it's a very practical vehicle.

I've had some problems with my truck but so far, nothing that the dealer has not been willing to fix.

I like the four full sized doors and that's why I traded in my '00 4x4 Scab for the KR 4x4 Screw. I have to two rear buckets and the rear center console never gets used except for an arm rest.

I'm torn over the two buckets and the rear bench but now that I've bought mine with the rear buckets, I've gotten used to it.

The only advantage I would get from the bench seat is my Son's car seat would fit in the middle without taking up one of the passenger seats.

As far as ride, I like it much better than my Scab eventhough the seats took a little time to get used to. I replaced the Goodyear RT/Ss with AT/Ss and the ride got even better. My '00 4x4 Scab also had the AT/Ss but I ordered from the factory with them and Ford will not allow that with the KR package, go figure.

I'm a little partial now to the Chestnut color but the Charcoal Blue would be my next choice.

I think there would be at least 99 out of 100 people who would mostly agree to get the Screw over the Scab and my $0.02 worth is to definately get the 4x4.

As far as paying cash, get the 36 months interest free as long as you can swing the same deal with the terms as you would with cash. I've never been in that position so I don't really know for sure but that's just what I would do if I had the cash to spend.

Good luck and keep us posted if you decide on the KR or anything for that matter.

DaveMan

Last edited by DAVEMAN; 11-27-2001 at 07:02 AM.
Old 11-25-2001, 06:09 PM
I can give you my personal opinion for what it is worth. i would deffinatley get the KR screw. whatever color you choose they are all the most beautiful vehicles i have ever driven or layed eyes on.

i only have one kid and i got the four captians chairs. i just like how it looked versous the bench seat. i personally would go for the captains chairs especially with two kids. just picture yourself on a road trip and your kids in the back yelling at each other over who is touching who. (personal childhood experience) you will be glad you got the captians chairs with the center counsel to seperate them.

Old 11-25-2001, 06:27 PM
H13
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Triton99,

I too conteplated the Cobra vs. the Super Crew. I sat in the Cobra and was very unimpress by the quality in them. I hoped in a prowler berfore I looked at the Cobra, and man is the inside of that thing sweet. So comparatively the Cobra was lacking as far as sports cars go.

I wish I could have gotten the Captain's Chairs in the back of my Lariat. The dealership had 4 different Supercrews to choose from (4x4 Lariat, Harley-Davidson and a 4x4 King Ranch)

The Harley was a rough ride for me.
The King Ranch I liked, but the seats were a little to bold for me.

So I choose the 4x4 Lariat I own and I have been very happy with it since. After owning a no frills 1987 F150 shortbed for 14 years, I really enjoy this truck.

Quick Reply: Can't Decide