King Ranch

seat wear

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2001, 10:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
seat wear

I hate to even bring this up because up to now I really had no complaints about my KR, but......

Does anybody else notice the seat pad bolsters starting to lose color where you rub on it getting in and out? Mine is a little and its only 12 weeks (and unfortunately 4000 miles) old.

Old 10-19-2001, 01:37 PM
Haven't noticed that. I just notice that there are wrinkles developing in the side bolsters where the leather has been stressed or stretched. Typical leather though. It doesn't look bad.

Old 10-19-2001, 01:41 PM
I too have noticed a slight color change in the leather along the outside edge of the drivers seat. Applying a little of the leather conditioner that I received from Ford has corrected the problem for a few months. I think that I have had to condition the leather twice since January.

Old 10-19-2001, 05:19 PM
Logical,

I haven't noticed what you described yet but will be lookin'. I have noticed though that the seat texture seems to be changing rapidly. It kinda looks like it's drying out or something.

I don't have any conditioner yet 'cause I haven't received any from Ford. Other than the drying out statement, my son kickin' the rear saddle bags with his shoes from his booster chair and the hard cushions, the seats seem just fine.

See Ya,
DaveMan

Old 10-19-2001, 05:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ford stated that the seats would show wear signs after a little use. any quailty leather is going to show some wear after use.

Old 10-22-2001, 12:59 AM
i haven't noticed any unusual wear, yet. i do have some character flaws, but that is normal with leather, especially untreated leather like that used in the kr...

Old 10-22-2001, 08:51 AM
Daveman,

parental tip #1 for one parent to another....
my son kicks the seat too. Try taking off his shoes when you put him in the seat. this will at least keep the dirt off the back of the seat. i gave up telling him not. three year olds...augh what can ya do, but at least he doesn't touch the paint

Quick Reply: seat wear