King Ranch

How do you all like the interior?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2001, 10:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do you all like the interior?

I was just curious what you all think about the seats in these as aposed to say the standard Lariat seats. Are they comfortable?

I plan on trying to go check one out soon as I'm really taken by the truck and just wondered everyones opinion as they look awful stiff to me?

Thanks all!

Last edited by f250fan; 10-15-2001 at 10:37 PM.
Old 10-16-2001, 09:40 AM
Re: How do you all like the interior?

Originally posted by f250fan
I was just curious what you all think about the seats in these as aposed to say the standard Lariat seats. Are they comfortable?

I plan on trying to go check one out soon as I'm really taken by the truck and just wondered everyones opinion as they look awful stiff to me?

Thanks all!
I couldn't be happier with the interior of the KR. i absolutely LOVE this truck. they are much softer then the Lariat seats. i am a skinny 5'10" and have never fit so perfectly in a vehicle before...i could, and would go on and on about how incredibley awsome this truck is. Deffinately order one.....you will never go back to the Lariat.

Old 10-16-2001, 12:22 PM
I gotta tell ya, I really like the interior on my KR. I tried a couple of the leather Lariat seats, and felt that they were too stiff and the side bolsters were way too hard. The KR leather on each of the the 3 trucks that I drove were much softer. I drove it the 5 hours home from the dealership and could have easily driven another 5 hours. I'm 6'1" and 235 (ok 240) and have never been more comfortable in a vehicle.

Old 10-16-2001, 07:14 PM
Hey f250fan,

When I first drove a KR I thought I was sitting on milk crates compared to the seats in my '00 Lariat. The '00 Lariat seats were of the original design and subsequently were mushy. Since going from mushy to fairly stiff I was taken by the difference and initially didn't like the new style bolsters or the harder feel. However, after taking delivery and riding home I finially got enough miles on them to think they are much better. I think having an open mind is a good thing.

Ditto that you can't go wrong. Beware though of other differences from the Super Cabs (Scabs) vs Super Crews (Screws), they are built in different plants. IMO, the Screws are playing catch-up with the Scabs as far as fit and finish and overal quality as well as some other areas too. Even with all the shortcommings on my KR Screw, I still think it's great, I just think it could be spectacular without the flaws I discovered.

My $0.02

DaveMan

Old 10-22-2001, 12:57 AM
i couldn't be more pleased with the interior look of my s-crew. the castano brown leather is awesome and unlike anything else out there, besides other krs of course.

as for seat comfort, i'm not entirely sure that i'm completely pleased. i just got back from a whirlwind 1500 mile tour of the central/northern plains. several driving segments were about 6 hours in length. i did notice some fatigue in my upper leg area where the bottom cushion side bolsters "press" me in just a tad. maybe i just need to go on that fat blocker diet, eh? otherwise pretty good. no back pain, etc.

as for a comparison with the lariat seats. seems to me that the seats are exactly the same except for the hide covering em. i sat in a lariat right before ordering my kr and the seats felt just as firm to me...

Quick Reply: How do you all like the interior?