King Ranch

Close to a milestone....

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 07:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Close to a milestone....

Yes folks.....

It's me......still take an occasional peek to see what's occuring on the KROC front.

It all seems very mundane....none of the banter that used to go on, so I'm just wondering if any of the old timers are still around ?

Anyway, we are getting close to 100,000 views on the roll call sticky, and 100 replies on the leather care sticky.
I never imagined when we started them they would last so long.

Those high ups in Ford who keep an eye on these things should be well pleased that their 'experiment' with the KR interiors has proved so successful, and I humbly suggest that you offer a fully loaded F150 KR to the 100,000th poster.

I haven't been too greedy...could have asked for an F350 !!

Anyhow I won't be surprised if you don't co operate, but thanks anyway for continuing the KR option on your range, which in all honesty I didn't think would last more than a couple of years, and here we are nearly 10 years on !

As an aside how many KR's have just one person owned ?

Any offers ?

I had 3 F150's and of course the Expy which I brought back to the UK, though sadly that is now sold on to another grateful owner.

Season's greetings to all.

Old 11-29-2010, 07:02 AM
I'm one of the newer folks here, but I'm always up for a discussion. I'm surprised it's as slow in here as it is. I guess I missed the time when this section was busy. Hopefully it turns back around.

And that leather care sticky is one of the reasons I joined this forum. Plus, I thought it was cool this place had a section dedicated to the King Ranch.

Old 11-29-2010, 08:52 AM
Originally Posted by _Flea_
I'm one of the newer folks here, but I'm always up for a discussion. I'm surprised it's as slow in here as it is. I guess I missed the time when this section was busy. Hopefully it turns back around.

And that leather care sticky is one of the reasons I joined this forum. Plus, I thought it was cool this place had a section dedicated to the King Ranch.
Thanks for your comments.

Yes, we used to have a deal of good humoured banter here. Mostly because of me being critical of spelling and grammar...especially one young lady.

Yes...we really did have a person of the opposing gender contributing regularly!

It occasionally got out of hand especially with you colonials not understanding irony and our dry sense of humor. (Spelt your way just to appease you all !)

Nevertheless we all got on well and even met up !
That young lady and another of our regulars even came down from the northern States to visit the King Ranch, and then actually took the trouble to drive on down all the way to the Rio Grande. (They would have to come a heck of a lot further to visit now though!)
I still trasure the King Ranch tankard they bought me....so Skagel and Daveman, if you still ever sneak a peek, CHEERS !!

And Brad....where the heck are you ?
Still keeping that King Ranch planner for you. You just have to visit Wales to collect it !

Old 11-29-2010, 08:55 AM
Hi John! Hope all is well..... still visit the site every so often but just for a few min at a time....

Still have my 2002 KR Supercrew (72K miles) - bought new 10/2001. With a company car, I don't drive it much... still have Dunfunnel's Leer cap on the back - basically use the truck for vacation/local kayaking trips nowadays.. occasionally ask myself why don't I sell it but that thought quickly fades away as I find some totally obscure reason to keep it...

Still chuckle from years ago when they first came out with the KR and some were convinced it was going to be a great investment as they were so rare.... still waiting...

Old 11-29-2010, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by MikeF150
Hi John! Hope all is well..... still visit the site every so often but just for a few min at a time....

Still have my 2002 KR Supercrew (72K miles) - bought new 10/2001. With a company car, I don't drive it much... still have Dunfunnel's Leer cap on the back - basically use the truck for vacation/local kayaking trips nowadays.. occasionally ask myself why don't I sell it but that thought quickly fades away as I find some totally obscure reason to keep it...

Still chuckle from years ago when they first came out with the KR and some were convinced it was going to be a great investment as they were so rare.... still waiting...
Hey Mike...
Nice to hear from you...You've been here even longer than me !!
Don't you think we deserve some sort of reward!?

Anyhow, wish I'd still got my first Chestnut F150 KR.

There was just something about it. It was just...well....nicer than what came after !

Hey Ho...Life goes on.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:52 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey, John! I'm a few days late to the party but, good to see you! I hope all is well! Sad to hear that you went through so much to get it over to that side of the pond and now she's gone. You should've kept it here and sold it to me!

You win the most KR award... I've had two but, I'll not have another until they go back to the old leather. I'm very disappointed in the leather in the 2011... VERY... and, like Mike, I keep waiting for the appraisal to sky rocket. HA! (wow, Mike 70k miles!!?!)

Again, glad to see you!

Old 12-03-2010, 07:23 AM
Originally Posted by Rockpick
Hey, John! I'm a few days late to the party but, good to see you! I hope all is well! Sad to hear that you went through so much to get it over to that side of the pond and now she's gone. You should've kept it here and sold it to me!

You win the most KR award... I've had two but, I'll not have another until they go back to the old leather. I'm very disappointed in the leather in the 2011... VERY... and, like Mike, I keep waiting for the appraisal to sky rocket. HA! (wow, Mike 70k miles!!?!)

Again, glad to see you!
Yes..very sad to see it go, but things were starting to go wrong.
Here in mid Wales it just isn't easy to get things fixed if they are beyond DIY.

There are places that can cope with US vehicles but they tend to be around London or Manchester.
As it was the tyre sensors were playing up, the CD player had packed up, for some bizarre reason BOTH seat recline mechanisms had seized up, and although I tried to get at them it would have involved taking the seat covers at least partly off.
It also needed a service, the annual ministry test (Very strict over here), and etc etc !
As it was I sold it to a guy from down south who appeared here in a Mustang, and he lives close to London where he can get these things fixed.

Anyway if you are ever less busy modulating pop over !!!

Plenty of interesting pre cambrian rocks around here !!

Old 12-05-2010, 05:27 PM
OK, I could NOT resist posting in this thread! I have, on occasion, still checked in to see what was happening with this forum, and will admit, it has been discouraging. I got so discouraged with this entire forum that I pretty much deleted everything and quit visiting it. When I saw this from Lenny, I HAD to post!

I still have my "Chestnut '02 SuperCab KR" and just turned 62,000 miles coming back from deer hunting. The interior is still in "Great" shape, and I have absolutely NO plans to get rid of it.

Merry Christmas to you all!

Old 12-06-2010, 03:59 AM
Hi TD,

Good to see that some of the old names are still lurking around.

Like you I actually deleted the KR link from my favourites, and didn't visit for quite some while.
The rather bland nature of many posts just didn't match up to the banter we used to have.
I know that the forum exists for passing of information but this one was also a little bit more. (Though it did sometimes go over the top ! )
Personal circumstances have meant that I haven't been over to the States for nearly 3 years, which after having lived there on and off for 30 years has come a bit hard.
I really do miss Texas, but I plan to be back next June and visit some of my old stomping grounds.

All the best,

Lenny.

Old 12-13-2010, 10:37 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hi, TD... good to see you!

Old 12-13-2010, 12:24 PM
Hey back to both of you, RP and Lenny! I've calmed down enough now that I can contribute once in a while in this forum maybe? I'll just stay away from the GD.

I'll have to agree wholeheartedly with Lenny though on his original post, it has definitely gone downhill from the earlier days. I'm not saying that the newer members aren't any fun, or have issues, but, it seems that alot of them want to re-invent the wheel. They read the leather care sticky, and still want to try their own thing, because they know better. I guess experience means nothing anymore. Hopefully, they all have the time and money to experiment all over again on what works etc. I am just generalizing here, and mean no offense to anybody, but, if it works, why fix it?

The site has grown considerably though, and it should, cause I see KR's all over the place now. Unfortunately, I don't see many seats that have been cared for! It just amazes me that people will pay for this package, and not even look at their owner's manual and neglect the main reason that this package is so unique! A few hours a year will provide excellent results, but, so many people are in such a hurry now...enough.

I hope you all have a very happy holiday season!

Old 12-13-2010, 09:37 PM
2005 one and only. I take pride in her and in her condition. When I check KBB, I am VERY pleased with how she is holding value. 76,000 miles. I have always tried to "jump" in and out of the truck to keep the creases and such from forming in the leather. My only complaint is how easily it shows scratches, and even when conditioned and not dry...my leather is never really soft and plush. But I have always loved it, and still get compliments all the time.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:54 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
I love these trucks... I just could never afford one I bet

Could you guy please post some pics? Some of us I am sure would really appreicate the time you have put into these. I know I would

Old 01-19-2011, 12:20 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Just to keep this thread alive -

The King Ranch forum was the first one I joined when I found f150online. Like many of the rest of you, I wanted to know how to care for the leather.

The banter was always good-natured, in my opinion, and I miss it. But, this forum pretty much takes care of itself, so my "moderating duties" don't bring me here often. Once in a while I stop by to see if any new leather product has caught on.

Lenny, good to see you again! Your post in the GD section brought me here.

Someday, before I'm too old and feeble, it would be good to join up.

- Jack

Old 01-19-2011, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
Just to keep this thread alive -

The King Ranch forum was the first one I joined when I found f150online. Like many of the rest of you, I wanted to know how to care for the leather.

The banter was always good-natured, in my opinion, and I miss it. But, this forum pretty much takes care of itself, so my "moderating duties" don't bring me here often. Once in a while I stop by to see if any new leather product has caught on.

Lenny, good to see you again! Your post in the GD section brought me here.

Someday, before I'm too old and feeble, it would be good to join up.

- Jack
I'm coming back to Tx in June for 3 weeks.
Will be visiting the Rio Grande Valley and San Antonio, but can always be persuaded to take a road trip !!

Quick Reply: Close to a milestone....