King Ranch

02 f150 king ranch

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 03:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 f150 king ranch

I was thinking of installing a two inch coil spacer and raise the back 1.5 inches in the back of my 2wd f150.What is your thoughts on this idea? anyone have pics of this done .Thank you

Last edited by f150king r; 12-30-2010 at 04:23 PM. Reason: cry baby
Old 12-30-2010, 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by f150king r
thinking about 2wd lift for king ranch any ideas nothing too expensive maybe 2 in spacers and 1.5 in back what do you yall think...
What I think is that civilisation is going down the pan !

" What do you yall think "

Yall should have an apostrophy between the y and the all to make up for the missing "ou" in you.
That's if you believe that Y'all should even be a word in the first place !!

PS Ever heard of full stops, commas or capital letters at the beginning of a sentence ??

Old 12-30-2010, 03:43 PM
It's a truck forum not English class.

Old 12-30-2010, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by MRLSU2U
It's a truck forum not English class.
Well there we go.....just the response I expected.

Not everyone has the same standard of education, but if no one makes any effort we might as well give up.
That post showed no respect for those reading it.
It was his very first post and he didn't even introduce himself...just straight in at the deep end with a semi illiterate post.

PS Sorry Old Chap....I have a reputation for trying to maintain standards that has been in existence for nearly 10 years before you even joined the forum !!

Old 12-30-2010, 04:04 PM
I'm not trying to come across as rude. But the constant downing of others and telling others how they should do what with their lives/trucks gets old here. Just like I stated in a post the other day, this forum reminds me of high school more and more everyday(don't need to here any garbage about, "if i don't like it then why not leave.") I will however say that the first time post without introduction isn't really the best way to start things off. To each their own though.

Old 12-30-2010, 04:12 PM
Lenticular you misspelled civilization

WOW ..I didn't know that this was a english class.I will Find another forum !!

Old 12-30-2010, 04:19 PM
Le

Yall should have an apostrophy between the y and the all to make up for the missing "ou" in you.

PS Ever heard of full stops, commas or capital letters at the beginning of a sentence ??
Let Me help you buddy

I have never heard" Civilisation is going down the pan"

Thats a hot pan.

P.S. This is CORRECT

civilization IS SPELLED THIS WAY

WHEN YOU SAY" FULL STOPS" YOU MEAN PERIODS ?

Old 12-31-2010, 10:31 AM
f150king r.... unfortunately, your posts have been subject to the wrath of the resident spell-checker, grammar king and #1 defender of the English language in the world as we know it today. It's a long story, but at one point there was just a handful of KR owners on this board just after the turn of the century (with the exception of Lenticular, I'm referring to the 21st... lol). After we finally figured out how to take care of the seats, no one really had anything else valuable to say... so we picked on each other...

Lenticular (John) was/is one of the more colorful characters from the original group... quite innocent really but a stickler on proper spelling & grammar. If you're not careful, you may learn something!

Given that the King Ranch is just a trim level of the Lariat (mechanically the same), my advice is to use the KR forum for info on seat care, special trim, etc unique to the KR... other than that, it's more or less a GD banter session among KR owners. Use the other forums for technical/mechanical info such as lifting your truck, etc, etc, etc, etc.... you'll find some great tech articles and how-to's by spending some time on the site and using the "search" feature.... you can bet that 99.999% of the topics you can think of have been discussed one way or another....

Good Luck and have fun restoring the 02 KR..... hopefully it's a Charcoal Blue!!

Old 01-01-2011, 08:38 AM
Let Me help you buddy

Thats a hot pan.

P.S. This is CORRECT

Different spellings in different parts of the world my friend....Just because you say "ZEE" doesn't make it right...we say "ZED". That's not necessarily correct either, but you need to understand that the world is a diverse place and you should be aware of the differences.

ie Colour here, color there, etc etc etc.

PS Etc Is short for Et Cetera, from the Latin meaning 'And following'

(Just in case you didn't know !!!)

PS Thanks Mike.

It looks like a losing battle though doesn't it ?

Even though I am a great defender of Americanisms.

EG A lot of people in the UK think that the way Americans spell color is wrong.
In fact you have it right...It's us Angles who have adopted the French
'Couleur'.

Similarly when you say 'gotten', a lot of people here think that it is an abortion. Some of us have forgotten the phrase " Ill gotten gains"

As a life long educator I find it difficult not to inject a bit of wisdom into the forum....that's what made it so interesting with all the banter in the early days and why our forum had an 'edge' over some of the others.

You can only say....

'Let's see pictures of your truck' for so long.....' after all they are basically all the same .

Ta Ta for now...until I get riled again by the lack of thought and effort when some people post.

It is a common courtesy to make your posts enjoyable and readable.

No one is expecting perfection ( OK perhaps I do ), but PULEEASE
make a little effort !!!

PPS If you ever looked outside the confines of your country you would know that a full stop is the correct expression for that item of punctuation. You lot have decided to call it a 'period'.

(We have quite another use for that word)

Last edited by Lenticular; 01-01-2011 at 10:53 AM.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:03 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Let Me help you buddy

Thats a hot pan.

P.S. This is CORRECT

Just to clear something up: "Pan" is another word for "toilet bowl".

It's my understanding though, that "toilet" is a fairly low-brow term for that facility in Briton. I believe the upper class would refer to it as a "water closet"? In New Zealand, however, where my Wife is from, it's always called a "toilet". If you ask for a "bathroom", you might be directed to a shower.

There are several examples of the Brits adopting the French form aren't there Lenny? I believe it happened at the time of the French courts and the British were trying to overcome a perception of being "uncouth".

However, language DOES evolve, so we can't expect to hang on to the old forms forever. I do agree, though, that we are rapidly losing the ability to communicate effectively. Without communication, we lose civilization.

Now, back to your regular leather care post of the week....

- Jack

Old 01-19-2011, 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
Just to clear something up: "Pan" is another word for "toilet bowl".

It's my understanding though, that "toilet" is a fairly low-brow term for that facility in Briton. I believe the upper class would refer to it as a "water closet"? In New Zealand, however, where my Wife is from, it's always called a "toilet". If you ask for a "bathroom", you might be directed to a shower.

There are several examples of the Brits adopting the French form aren't there Lenny? I believe it happened at the time of the French courts and the British were trying to overcome a perception of being "uncouth".

However, language DOES evolve, so we can't expect to hang on to the old forms forever. I do agree, though, that we are rapidly losing the ability to communicate effectively. Without communication, we lose civilization.

Now, back to your regular leather care post of the week....

- Jack
Actually Jack, the Royals refer to the WC as the "Lavatory"
Inverse snobbery since us lower classes think of it as a bit crass !!!

Old 01-19-2011, 01:34 PM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by Lenticular
Actually Jack, the Royals refer to the WC as the "Lavatory"
Inverse snobbery since us lower classes think of it as a bit crass !!!
Ah John, you're absolutely correct of course! I just remembered it was NOT "toilet", and my feeble little brain couldn't recall the other term (which is why I used the question mark).

However, I grew up with the "lavatory" name - it was used in grammar schools to refer to that "facility", and, to this day it reminds me of a place that's always smelly and uninviting. We seem to have stopped using that term now.

- Jack

Old 01-19-2011, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by Lenticular

Smart a$$ FAIL.

I believe it's civilization not civilisation and it's apostrophe not apostrophy. I don't believe OP asked to be criticized.

Last edited by Justin_w32; 01-19-2011 at 01:42 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by Justin_w32
Smart a$$ FAIL.

I believe it's civilization not civilisation and it's apostrophe not apostrophy. I don't believe OP asked to be criticized.
Do you actually read all the posts in a thread before jumping in !!?

cf. Different spellings in different parts of the world.

Old 01-19-2011, 02:03 PM
Global Moderator &

OK everyone - let's cool it!

- Jack

Quick Reply: 02 f150 king ranch