King Ranch

Few KR questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 10:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Few KR questions

Hey guys, new here to the forum but not forums in general. I've been thinking about getting a KR 05-07. I know that what i'm getting is going to be a newer ford 4 door with leather and the 3v 5.4 and I'm really having a hard time deciding between a king ranch and a lariat. The only factor is price between the two. King Ranches seem to cost around 5-8k more for the same amount of miles as a close to loaded Lariat. I'm not very familiar with the colors from these years, but i'm very interested in that pearl white? color. Almost looks like the escalade white but lighter. I was wondering if they made this color in a King Ranch edition. I know they have plain white KR's but was just wondering.

Anyways, those of you with KR, are you satisfied with the extra money you payed for pimp *** seats or do you now regret not saving money by going with a lariat with leather?

Old 11-05-2008, 11:02 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I think you'll find that ALL of us love our KR Castano leather interiors. I'd much rather have it than the Lariat version.

Can't comment on the white color. Mine's the Dark Copper. I'd probably rather have a white one that doesn't show the dirt as much, but I bought mine used, so I took what I could get.

- Jack

Old 11-05-2008, 11:11 PM
yeah im lookin at used ones as well. Hopefully i can find one with everything i want. If not i'll go buy a new lariat with the stuff i want (theyre damn cheap now)

Old 11-06-2008, 09:33 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by dils3xic
Hey guys, new here to the forum but not forums in general.
First and foremost, welcome to f150online.com. We're glad to have you.

I'm going to chop your post up in to tidbits and give my spin to what you've observed and what you're asking.

I've been thinking about getting a KR 05-07. I know that what i'm getting is going to be a newer ford 4 door with leather and the 3v 5.4 and I'm really having a hard time deciding between a king ranch and a lariat.
That's all you're going to find in the King Ranch. From 2005 to 2008, it was only available in a SuperCrew version with the 5.4L.

Remember, the KR is actually a Lariat - with an additional trim package on top of the Lariat. The KR, from a drivability standpoint, will be identical to the Lariat. The only difference will be some of the asthetics, power folding mirrors, and the obvious leather difference.

That said, be sure that you know that the KR leather is a different beast to maintain. Most of us here are leather 'junkies' and thus, we are conditioning, cleaning, and conditioning again with higher than normal frequency. The reason being is that the Castano leather in the 2005 to 2008 King Ranch (it's Chaparral Leather in the 2007+ Super Duty as well as the new 2009 F-150) is aniline (i.e. without a protective 'clear coating' on the surface of the leather). As such, while it's extremely supple and great to have, it's a bit more work and doesn't play well with spills, pets, and other abusive items that may not harm 'typical' automotive leathers (non-aniline).

The only factor is price between the two. King Ranches seem to cost around 5-8k more for the same amount of miles as a close to loaded Lariat.
While it's not a given, the KR tends to hold its value a tad better than a standard Lariat. It is a 'boutique' model (that is Ford's term; not mine - HA!) and there are fewer of them. As you probably know, they weren't limited production but, there are certainly fewer of them.

I'm not very familiar with the colors from these years, but i'm very interested in that pearl white? color.
I know the color that you speak of and, unfortunately, it's not an available color on the KR for that model year bracket. Rather, you'll have a metallic green, a metallic burnt orange/brown, black, white (standard flat white), and a metallic grey/tan color

Anyways, those of you with KR, are you satisfied with the extra money you payed for pimp *** seats or do you now regret not saving money by going with a lariat with leather?
Some will probably tell you that they are but, it'll be for the reason that I mentioned earlier (the upkeep). Scroll across ebay from 2001 to present (minus 2004) and you'll see boatloads of KR trucks (F-150, 250, 350, and Expeditions). You'll see some that have spectacular looking seats and you'll see others that look like a 125 year old baseball mitt that's been left out in the rain for 45 of those years.

I'm on KR #2. I had a 2001 F-150 2wd and up-traded into a 2005. After driving the 2009, it's going to be VERY tough to stay off of the lots (my gosh that thing was nice). I have zero regrets but, I'm also what some may call 'OCD' about my vehicles.

I hope that helps a tad. Again, welcome to the site! Let us know if you have any other KR questions/concerns/observations!

-RP-

Old 11-09-2008, 10:09 PM
closest color is 'Oxford White' - see pic in sig

Old 11-20-2008, 08:01 PM
Gotta get a King Ranch! Its worth it. Like RockPick I'm on my second KR 150 and I'll never go back.

Old 11-21-2008, 11:35 AM
Well, if Pearl White is really what you want, you could save up and get a 2009 King Ranch. That purty white (differnt name) is available now.

Quick Reply: Few KR questions