King Ranch

Conditioned a Contractors KR seats.

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 02:55 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Conditioned a Contractors KR seats.

My wife is having a patio slab poured in our backyard...and the contractor who is doing the work has a KR with nasty unloved KR seats. While they have been digging, and getting the dirt ready, setting up the rebar, and I have been conditioning his seats. I have no idea why I am doing this, but I just about cried when I saw the seats. I should have taken some pics of the before, but never thought that I would post a thread about them. Trust me, they are nasty. We have all seen Castano seats that have been bad. These are three years old, and have never been conditioned. I am using the KR conditioner from the KR website. All that I have done so far, is wipe the seats with a hot rag, let them dry, and apply the conditioner. I guess you could say that I am doing a "good enough job" on them. I will post the pics of how they turn out. The funny part, is that I would NEVER let some yahoo mess with my seats. I guess thats the difference in someone who cares, and someone who does not.

Old 10-27-2008, 03:01 PM
Suspended
I forgot to add that I used about three bucks worth of conditioner. (Read a third of the bottle)

Old 10-27-2008, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by Shinesintx
I forgot to add that I used about three bucks worth of conditioner. (Read a third of the bottle)
When I got my KR in Nov. '03, it had seen KR Concitioner once from the previous owner. That was when Ford sent some out to new buyers. You are doing all that can be done, and, unfortunately, probably MORE than needs to be done, for this guy. Some people just don't appreciate things.
With any luck, maybe he'll give you a break on the patio job for the work you've done??? Who knows, he might even LIKE the looks of the re-conditioned seats and continue the process???

Old 10-27-2008, 05:06 PM
No need to explain yourself, I would have offered to do the same thing, if nothing else to educate the owner.

Old 10-27-2008, 09:21 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
You're a good man, Shine!

- Jack

Old 10-28-2008, 06:06 PM
That is awesome! I would do the same thing. My seats get wiped down with a damp hot cloth every week!

Old 10-28-2008, 08:18 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You are taking before and after photographs, correct? Maybe you could even write a little chit about it so that the contractor knows that he got a very good deal on your services...

Trending Topics

Old 10-28-2008, 10:19 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Rockpick
You are taking before and after photographs, correct? Maybe you could even write a little chit about it so that the contractor knows that he got a very good deal on your services...
No, I did not take pics.:o They still looked bad, and needed more conditioning...but they did look better. I had to leave town today, and did not have time. My advice, don't let your seats get that bad.

On a side note. There is a place on the side of my driveway where my right front tire goes off the concrete and onto the grass when I enter my drive. It was about a foot deep. The contractor was so happy with his seats, he poured a 30x3 slab to alleviate the eyesore, and did not charge me.

As to his seats, I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

Old 10-28-2008, 10:27 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
That's about as subtle as a "pregnant high jumper", Rockpick. But, it's good you're promoting passing the "chit" around. We probably all need more of it.

- Jack

Old 10-29-2008, 09:28 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Now that I've cited Shine's chit payment, everyone on the site will come after me for circumvention of the site word censor every time I have to issue a demerit for the same thing.

I've lost all credibility now... oh well. LOL!

Old 10-29-2008, 09:32 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Now that I've cited Shine's chit payment, everyone on the site will come after me for circumvention of the site word censor every time I have to issue a demerit for the same thing.

I've lost all credibility now... oh well. LOL!
I thought you meant a chit as in something that is not money but represents a debt owed. That is what you meant, right?

Quick Reply: Conditioned a Contractors KR seats.