King Ranch

KR Badges becoming target

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 12:42 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bigredtruck06fx
that you want to join the lifted truck fraternity?
Yeah, I have always like the lifted look

It would be nice to have my KR stand out. As is, it looks like every other KR I see. Copper is VERY popular, and it drives me crazy

Old 10-20-2008, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by Shinesintx
I think that this problem is probably an isolated one. I see a lot of KR's in my city, and they all have their badges. I park mine at the airport quite often, and no one has tried to steal them.

What I do see, is ALOT of guys trying to make their F150 look like a Mark LT... I would think LT badges would get stolen more... But what the heck do I know
You are probably correct...everyone wants something for nothing, or better than they have anyway.

I'm just glad mine is in the garage most of the time!

Old 10-20-2008, 12:48 PM
repost

Last edited by zeruin; 10-20-2008 at 06:34 PM. Reason: double post
Old 10-20-2008, 01:09 PM
Shine, my wife's cousin told me that one other guy he works with had his two quarter panel badges lifted also, (might not have had time for the tailgate?). He lives in the Carrollton area, and I think the church they go to is in the Richardson area. Might be just a couple isolated incidents, don't know...I'm just letting you all know.

Old 10-20-2008, 05:39 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by bigredtruck06fx
wow, that sucks. who steals badges?
Better yet who steals anything in a church parking lot? I mean stealing is wrong in the first place but a church?? Seriously??

Old 10-20-2008, 11:09 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Barrett
Better yet who steals anything in a church parking lot? I mean stealing is wrong in the first place but a church?? Seriously??
And, you know the answer to your question, don't you?

But, I know people used to (and maybe still do) steal the Honda badges to wear as necklace thingies. Can't imagine doing that with a KR badge though.

All I know, is that it's a huge violation of our property and space. This is one time when I believe the punishment should be "breaking of arms".

- Jack

Old 10-22-2008, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by Shinesintx
What I do see, is ALOT of guys trying to make their F150 look like a Mark LT... I would think LT badges would get stolen more... But what the heck do I know
yes! i live in north dallas too and i see the wanna be mark lts pass by my house all the time, the ones that stand out the msot to me is this reg cab xl arizona beige? with the mark lt tailgate and mark lt emblems on the fenders its wierd because the tailgate handle is ptm and the door handles are call chrome putco and it also has the manual mirrors that arent power with the putco mirror covers... its pretty sad. then theres another one thes an 04 lariat screw black, has the mark lt grill with fx2 headlights a ptm 04/05 bumper with fogs and a chrome rear bumper... it would look alright without the mark lt grill... but the other day is saw a 150 scab with the bed of screw (you know like i think its the 5 1/2) and it had roush rims, ptm mark lt door and tailgate handles, harley heads and tails.. it looked real good wish i would of taking a picture

Old 10-22-2008, 09:58 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
We've heard about this a few times now over the years of KR existence. Why it typically happens on the Harley edition, it has occured on the KR as well...

My tailgate badge has a gouge on the underside from someone who either got 'spooked' or decided that it wasn't the nice 'metal' badge that was featured on the HD. *shrugs*

Quick Reply: KR Badges becoming target