King Ranch

Lenny, Keep Us Advised!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 08:10 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
I see the additional fog light, now that you mention it. Is this to keep you from being rear-ended whilst driving in "pea soup"?

Here in Arizona, we get dust storms that reduce visibility to about 10 feet. We are advised to get off the road, stop and turn all lights off (keep feet off the brake pedal), because someone seeing a tiny light glow will try to "follow it" and won't stop in time. We get multiple car/truck pileups this way.

Your pictures reminded me of the delightful time we had in southern Ireland (Bantry Bay area) and my Wife's home country of New Zealand (The South Island). In New Zealand, goats are often used to "mow" the grass at roadside (here in the US we think we're so superior with our mowing machines) :o

Lots of sheep in New Zealand too. I was offered the chance to shear one, but I turned it down. Couldn't stand to think of the trauma to the poor sheep!

- Jack

Old 07-21-2008, 12:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haven't had a 'pea souper' since the 50's !
I once remember having to walk in front of the car holding on to the hood whilst feeling for the curb...father couldn't see it from the driver's seat !

I too have spent time in South West Ireland and New Zealand.....both beautiful places.

Quick Reply: Lenny, Keep Us Advised!