King Ranch

Ink on my KR Seats

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 03:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, this thread went all over the place. Just an update, the wash and spray wax on a toothpick took about 80% of the ink marks off thus far. Anybody else got any other ideas ?

Old 05-12-2008, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by bsteele
Wow, this thread went all over the place. Just an update, the wash and spray wax on a toothpick took about 80% of the ink marks off thus far. Anybody else got any other ideas ?
You'll find that happens.....a lot !!!

it annoys some people...
others it educates.....
others it broadens horizons....

You don't pay your money...you take your choice !!!

You might even get a reply about the ink !!!

Old 05-12-2008, 11:29 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
I told you he was a good bloke, bsteele!

And, this is the forum I come back to when I want a good laugh.

Lenny, I can't imagine mixing Patron with anything! It's almost as much of a sacrilege as putting ice cubes in a glass of good whiskey! But, it's good you've adopted a few of our TexMex ways out here in the Colonies!

bsteele, you might try saddle soap on a Q-tip. Or, does alchohol (91% isopropyl) dissolve ink anyone? I've not had this problem, so I don't know, but here's what Janet showed me for fabrics:

"Pour denatured alcohol through stain. Rub in petroleum jelly. Sponge with non-flammable dry cleaning solvent. Soak in detergent solution. Wash with detergent and bleach safe for fabrics". (In other words, this is a problem stain)!

From this, I'd give the alcohol a try. Follow with saddle soap?

Good luck!

- Jack

Last edited by JackandJanet; 05-12-2008 at 11:30 PM. Reason: correct a typo
Old 05-13-2008, 09:20 AM
Ah, you see, there are several ways to drink Patron.

As you probably know there are many grades, from Silver to Platinum. My favourite after dinner with coffee is the coffee flavoured Patron....(XO Cafe). Its not cheap but it's really smooooth.
If you ask for 'Top Shelf' Margueritas down here they will usually put Patron into it, or an even more pure agave tequila. (Don't tell anyone, there's a bottle hidden deep within the packing of the Expy !)

Anyhow tomorrow is Double D day. Drive to Houston then Deliver the Expy to the warehouse for containerisation.

Next stop...Welsh Wales !!!

Old 05-13-2008, 09:54 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Lenny... do you still have a certain yellow Ford? Closing out shop on this side of the pond?

Old 05-13-2008, 10:23 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
I shan't tell anyone about the bottle Lenny, but, since Homeland Security is probably monitoring everything we write, it may be a moot point. They'll probably charge you with transporting a WMD.

I suppose they drain the gas tank for transporting. Do they drain the oil and coolant too?

- Jack

Old 05-13-2008, 10:34 AM
"I suppose they drain the gas tank for transporting. Do they drain the oil and coolant too?"

Good Anglo Saxon phrasing follows......

I bloody well hope not !!!!

I think its a requirement not to have too much gas in the tank, but other fluids are left...I hope !!

(And the patron is on the list of items for customs !!)

Hey Brad....

I thought I had mentioned it a while ago...The Yellow Peril went to Conneticut, about a year ago.
I was obviously going to donate it to you, but hey.....

You really wouldn't have liked it !

Yes, all closed out. House sold...amazingly !

Now when we visit the States I won't feel obliged to come to this outpost down here.
Watch out Kentucky !!

Last edited by Lenticular; 05-13-2008 at 10:36 AM.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:04 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It's ringing a dull bell now... I think I do recall the divestiture of the yellow, four-wheeled bandit...

Let me know if you're ever in my neck of the woods. I'll show up with a bottle of bourbon and a Webster's dictionary.

Both are for me... not for you.

Old 05-16-2008, 06:19 AM
to lenny

I hope you meant 2008 supercrew cause they do not make an extended cab or you might be talking about the 156" wheelbase instead of the 139"

Old 05-17-2008, 06:08 AM
Originally Posted by tcarp30KR1504x4
I hope you meant 2008 supercrew cause they do not make an extended cab or you might be talking about the 156" wheelbase instead of the 139"
If that's meant for me..then I'm sorry I haven't a clue what you are talking about !!!!

Old 06-01-2008, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by bsteele
Went to wash the car this am and noticed that there was ink on my seats. I tried removing it with a clean towel and hot water to no avail.

Any suggestions ???
The marks you have on your leather are not black by any chance are they? I was cleaning my seats for the first time one day and found a small black mark that looked like it could be ink. I got to looking around and noticed these little marks are just a part of the leather and all over. They are very small. Like most of you guys I notice every little thing when it comes time to clean.

Old 06-02-2008, 08:25 AM
Originally Posted by emmitt240
The marks you have on your leather are not black by any chance are they? I was cleaning my seats for the first time one day and found a small black mark that looked like it could be ink. I got to looking around and noticed these little marks are just a part of the leather and all over. They are very small. Like most of you guys I notice every little thing when it comes time to clean.
Emmitt240,

Thanks for your reply. It was definitley black ink. I used a recommendation of a toothpick and some spray and wash (wax) and it dulled the stain but did not remove it. The longer I look and condition the leather, the more I see the imperfections in the leather. Or as some would say, "the character of the leather !"

Quick Reply: Ink on my KR Seats