King Ranch

'06 KR Headliner Noise

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 07:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'06 KR Headliner Noise

Hey,
Has anyone else had this problem? My new KR has a sunroof and rear power slider. When the sunroof is opened into the vent position and the slider is opened a bit to create a breeze, there is a crackling, rattling sound coming from the headliner. It soungs like cellophane being crunched, except louder. I went to the dealer yesterday and was told that the only other '06 KR they sold so far had the same issue, and the owner brought it back for service. They discovered that Ford was aware of the problem and there was a service bulletin out for it. I guess they have a piece of foam or something that they push in there to quiet the rattle down. The service department put it in on his truck and it worked great. Mine is on order. Anyway, if you fellow owners are hearing noises from the headliner, take heart that there is a fix. Call your dealer!

Last edited by grady95; 10-21-2005 at 07:35 AM.
Old 10-29-2005, 11:37 PM
Check out this post

Check out this post and you may find your answer. I had the same problem and a few of the guys on this site were kind enough to help me out... so I hope that I'm able to help you out.

Let us know how it works out.
https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=210360

Old 10-30-2005, 07:05 AM
Hey,
Thanks for this. I missed this entire thread when I went searching for this topic. Nice to know it's not "just me" being fussy. The dealer did order that kit, so I will wait and have them do it. Other than this issue, which is pretty minor, the truck has been perfect.
Thanks for your info. By the way, what did you wind up doing? (The kit or the beer and carpet!)

Quick Reply: '06 KR Headliner Noise