King Ranch

After market floorr mats

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 11:46 PM
bluejay
Question After market floorr mats

Trying to find some after market floor mats for 2005 KR. Tried the HUSKYS which is what I'm looking for but they did not really fit that well. Any one have any that they have found that fit well? Appreciate any leads in the right direction.

Old 08-30-2005, 07:49 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have Husky's and think that they fit exceedingly well... not sure on that man.

Old 08-30-2005, 08:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do some searches in the interior care forum for floor mat choices. Also, check the 2004-2005 forum and search there. I have the catch-all carpeted mats in my truck and even though it is not a King Ranch, they fit very well and they also clean up very well. Keeps that luxurious look of your expensive truck without losing the functional aspect of a protective floor mat.

Old 08-30-2005, 01:40 PM
I have the catch-all mats also. They fit pretty well.

Rick

Old 08-31-2005, 08:47 AM
bluejay
Floor mats

Finally found the correct numbers for the mats I needed. Website was not up to date as well as the store catolog. Installed yesterday as well as window shades. WHAT TO BUY NOW??? Thanks for the replies!!

Old 09-03-2005, 09:15 AM
I ordered some from Weather Tech while out of town and just got home yesterday to find them waiting. They fit perfectly and look quite nice. Very heavy material. Good color match.

I also got home to find my wife had put several hundred miles on the brand new KR driving to shopping malls and whatnot! So much for keeping the miles low on this baby. But I digress...

Old 09-03-2005, 10:07 PM
After doing some detaling today I took a few pics. Here's one of my new Weather Techs:

Old 09-27-2005, 02:20 PM
Got me Some...

Originally Posted by svermill
After doing some detaling today I took a few pics. Here's one of my new Weather Techs:

looked so good in yours I got me some1

Old 09-27-2005, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by pin1
looked so good in yours I got me some1
Cool. That's one of the things I love about these forums. Experience shared is a good thing and saves others from some trial and error.

I have been quite happy with these. One good spraying at the local car wash and they're good as new.

Old 09-27-2005, 04:38 PM
I ordered some from Weather Tech while out of town and just got home yesterday to find them waiting. They fit perfectly and look quite nice. Very heavy material. Good color match.
Hey svermill, could I ask where you ordered these mats? A Google search turned up some leads but I would like hear from you where you think you got the best deal. Thanks!

Old 09-27-2005, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by KRConvert
Hey svermill, could I ask where you ordered these mats? A Google search turned up some leads but I would like hear from you where you think you got the best deal. Thanks!
http://www.weathertech.com/store/veh...pt_choice_id=0

I can't say I really shopped around for a "deal," per se. I went straight to the source. I figured if I didn't like them, I'd stand a better chance of getting a return worked out without a 50% restock fee or something like that from an online distributor. That didn't turn out to be an issue, though; I love them. I do wish they had done a little better than just heavy rubber mats for the rear - someone was recently bragging up a better product in another forum but didn't respond to a request for pics. Don't get me wrong, the rear mats are very heavy and cover the entire area - they work just fine. But if there was something custom molded out there for the rear as well as front, I'd have to have a look at it next time around.

I did a quick search on trusty old Amazon for you, but it doesn't appear that they carry these custom versions for any Fords...

Old 09-27-2005, 05:09 PM

8 bucks at Meijers.

Old 09-27-2005, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by rutherk1

8 bucks at Meijers.
These probably work great for a lot of regions and are certainly easier on the wallet. I'm anticipating a lot of melting snow/gravel/rocks/salt on the boots this winter, so I really like the shape of the Weathertechs and the way they direct water towards the door vs. being free to spill around anywhere as you accelerate, break, and corner. The extra $$ was worth it to me after all that jack spent on the truck itself. I have two kids so my house is constantly a mess. My truck never will be! I guess it's my little oasis of calm, order, and cleanliness...

Old 09-27-2005, 05:33 PM
I agree with you. The protection these Weathertechs' provide is well worth it compared to the amount of "jack" the truck cost.

Old 09-27-2005, 05:50 PM
http://www.weathertech.com/store/veh...pt_choice_id=0

I can't say I really shopped around for a "deal," per se. I went straight to the source. I figured if I didn't like them, I'd stand a better chance of getting a return worked out without a 50% restock fee or something like that from an online distributor. That didn't turn out to be an issue, though; I love them. I do wish they had done a little better than just heavy rubber mats for the rear - someone was recently bragging up a better product in another forum but didn't respond to a request for pics. Don't get me wrong, the rear mats are very heavy and cover the entire area - they work just fine. But if there was something custom molded out there for the rear as well as front, I'd have to have a look at it next time around.

I did a quick search on trusty old Amazon for you, but it doesn't appear that they carry these custom versions for any Fords...
Thanks for the "helping hand". I didn't see anything there either. Well, nothing like going straight to the source, should have thought of that myself!

They're a little more expensive than I originally wanted to pay, but I like their fit the best of all the "custom" models. I don't think any of the generic ones look any good, especially with a KR. Oh well, in for a penny, in for a pound, as Lenny might say...

Quick Reply: After market floorr mats