King Ranch

King Ranch 20% Lariat sales

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 05:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
King Ranch 20% Lariat sales

I was looking at the 06 F150 order guide and Ford is projecting 20% of all Lariat sales will have the King Ranch Package. This fiqure seems kinda high to me. My dealer only sold three 2005 KR's and has probably 25+ lariats on the lot at any given time. How many KR's is everybody else seeing in comparison to Lariats?

Old 08-15-2005, 09:14 PM
It's hard to say because there was a full year of Lariat sales before the first KR hit the street (new body style). I am consistently seeing more KR's on the road. Maybe 1 in 5 won't be that far off in terms of new sales.

Old 08-15-2005, 10:20 PM
20% sure would take some of the prestige of owning one... but I would guess the Lariat trim package makes up a smaller percentage of the total amount of trucks manufactured. As far as seeing more King Ranch vs Lariat, Lariat would win hands down here in DFW. I see an occasional KR here and there but (as we say here in TX) you can't sling a dead cat without hitting a Lariat!

<Hopefully the joke is not in poor taste!...>

Old 08-15-2005, 10:57 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Seems like a long shot to me as well... The KR package, as everyone knows, isn't 'limited' in production thus, if everyone wanted one, everyone could have one.

To date, I've seen less than 10 total on the road (and only one black one might I add -- it's in my garage). While I'm only a sample of the population, I am very observant when it comes to King Ranch based vehicles (Expy, Super Duty, or F-150).

Unless they plan on REALLY ramping production on the 06, this seems like an excessive number... I sure hope it's excessive...

RP

Old 08-16-2005, 02:22 AM
Originally Posted by RockPick

Unless they plan on REALLY ramping production on the 06, this seems like an excessive number... I sure hope it's excessive...

RP

I agree. Even if Lariat were 20%, and KR was 20% of that, it would still work out to 4% of total F150 sales, which would be about 1 out of every 25? I can't count how many F150s I pass on the road every day in a city of half a million but, do date, I've only seen two or three KRs around town (and one was a 250 vs. 150). It would be a shame if they "dumbed down" the KR to cash in on the popularity. Everytime I pull mine up to the local neighborhood watering hole, where there are a lot of hard-working "truck men," that KR still causes a stir (OK, it's only been a week that I've been driving it, but still). Everyone wants to have a look and shake their head. Everyone wants to know about that Triton. And does it really have a TV and a DVD player!?? Like some kind of limo or something?

Old 08-16-2005, 02:37 AM
Originally Posted by RockPick

To date, I've seen less than 10 total on the road (and only one black one might I add -- it's in my garage). While I'm only a sample of the population, I am very observant when it comes to King Ranch based vehicles (Expy, Super Duty, or F-150).

RP
BTW, since I've never actually seen a black one (all I've seen so far is my white one and a green one), I went to your photo gallery. That's one nice looking truck (aren't they all). I got to thinking, it sure looks like a beautiful wax job. How long have you had the truck? Do they still recommend not waxing clear coat for six months after it leaves the lot? Given that mine was manufactured back in May of '05, I'm thinking I'm probably clear to go ahead and put a coat down. Sure would made spraying and wiping it down a lot easier. And, of course, it would look better.

I always sorta wondered if that six month thing was an excuse for the dealership not to have to wax it prior to delivery. Remember when dealerships used to do that?

Old 08-16-2005, 05:00 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Must be alot of self indulgent people in pike co.

I remember RP saying he had only seen very few around his area, but up here in my area the lariats and king ranch trucks are all you see.

One dealer about 30 miles from my house had 5 dark copper king ranch 150s all side by side a few days ago.

Old 08-16-2005, 05:34 AM
[QUOTE=04 RED LARIAT] Must be alot of self indulgent people in pike co.
[QUOTE]

Must be. Is that any chance out near Vale? I imagine they have their KRs hauled off to the junk yard every six or so months. Sure beats washin' em!

Last edited by svermill; 08-16-2005 at 05:38 AM.
Old 08-16-2005, 11:06 AM
I dug up the 2005 projections from the Dec 1 order guide

lariat 24%
KR 9% of lariats

2002 & 2003 order guide projections are identical

LARIAT Supercrew 30%
KR Supercrew 10%
of all supercrews

Looks like Ford is expecting to sell a lot more KR's for 2006

Old 08-16-2005, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by deltascrew

Looks like Ford is expecting to sell a lot more KR's for 2006
I wonder if they've looked at the price of oil lately. I can see $75/barrel oil retarding sales of big, extremely heavy V-8 trucks.

Old 09-12-2005, 11:12 PM
Originally Posted by svermill
Everyone wants to have a look and shake their head. Everyone wants to know about that Triton. And does it really have a TV and a DVD player!?? Like some kind of limo or something?
My KR has the DVD player and seeing very little info in the owners manual about the unit, does the DVD have TV capability by adding an external antenna or some other additional hardware?

Old 09-13-2005, 09:22 AM
_SG
Seems to me that up here in North Texas, the KR SuperDuty (F250/350) out number the F150's big time. When I see a Lariat SD, I am usually suprised. The dealership around here had 8-10 KR SD's while only having 1-2 KR F150's.

Old 09-13-2005, 08:03 PM
I see so many Lariats and not enough King Ranches. The only KR that I have seen on our local lot is a F350 Superduty. It does not help that the price of a KR is significantly higher than a Lariat. I see 20% as being too high of a figure for that model, unless they offer even more discounts like they have in the past year.

Good luck and here's a cold one

Old 09-13-2005, 09:07 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by svermill
BTW, since I've never actually seen a black one (all I've seen so far is my white one and a green one), I went to your photo gallery. That's one nice looking truck (aren't they all). I got to thinking, it sure looks like a beautiful wax job. How long have you had the truck? Do they still recommend not waxing clear coat for six months after it leaves the lot? Given that mine was manufactured back in May of '05, I'm thinking I'm probably clear to go ahead and put a coat down.
Wow... I'm sorry svermill. I totally missed this post until it was revived today within this thread...

To answer your questions... you're clear (even though it's been a month now) to wax your truck when you bring it home. Modern finishes are catalyzed and thus, the solvents and such that kept you from waxing it several years ago are now flashed off before it leaves the factory...

Thanks for the compliments!

-RP-

Old 09-16-2005, 08:03 PM
i've seen a ton of kr's around recently, not too many f150s but mostly f250s & f350 duallies. I'd say 1/2 of all f250s/350s i see other than fleet are king ranch. there are tons down here in s. fla. l8r guys.

Quick Reply: King Ranch 20% Lariat sales