King Ranch

I Love My New Truck!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 09:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up I Love My New Truck!

Howdy, boys and girls. I got my new King Ranch about five weeks ago, and I've been dressing her up ever since. I lurked around here for six months or so before buying, what a great board- so much information! I was slobbering over the King Ranch since Ford introduced 'em, but the family plan deal (and wearin' out my Z71) pushed me all the way over the edge! Seems to me the F150 is so much nicer than the Z71. I just love this truck! (sorry - NOT)

Anyway, just wanted to say howdy. I'll put up some photos soon, and probably I'll be asking a question or two.

Later...

Last edited by Texas Wolf; 08-03-2005 at 10:05 PM. Reason: error
Old 08-03-2005, 10:05 PM
Congrats on the King Ranch!
Only an Amercian company like Ford could pull it off.
Did you know that King Ranch is a real working ranch in Texas?

Question, why would you put wet okole seat covers over the castano leather?
Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose? Makes me think of someone I know
that bought a brand new couch three years ago and still has the plastic sheeting on it. Just my opinion, congrats on an AWESOME truck!
King Ranch ROCKS!

Old 08-03-2005, 10:18 PM
Well, I got the Okole's for the summer sun here (she has to sit in the sun ALL day long while I'm working) and for hunting messes, and mainly for my dogs. I agree with you in principle, though - I pull 'em off when I'm goin' out on the weekend! I love the Castano interior as much as anything else on the truck I guess. Yah, I know about the real King Ranch, I hunted there for Nilgai last year and I got a nice one! Y'all have a good one!

Old 08-03-2005, 10:37 PM
The seat covers... that's a question I was going to pose here. I know it might be a crime, but I camp and fish and I would like to throw a cover over the seats to protect the leather when I do so.

Where can I find a pair to fit a 2001 KR?

Texas Wolf, do you have pics of the seat covers (on)?

Another question I have is slide-in bedliner vs. spray-on bedliner. Which would hold the value of the truck more? Or should I just not bother with a bedliner?...

Old 08-03-2005, 10:50 PM
I just throw a towel over my seat when going to and from work. My KR is also my daily driver.

I have a bedrug bed liner and I think it's great. you can clean it or take out the liner if need be.

My truck is outside 24/7 so when at work I use Sunshades I got on ebay, just search for king ranch, they work great.

Old 08-04-2005, 02:18 AM
Originally Posted by suncoast ford
Congrats on the King Ranch!
Only an Amercian company like Ford could pull it off.
Did you know that King Ranch is a real working ranch in Texas?

Just my opinion, congrats on an AWESOME truck!
King Ranch ROCKS!

Cough...splutter.....Only an American Company could pull it off ???

Much as I like the KR that statement is ...eeerrr....well.....odd!

(PS It's American, not Amercian)

CAN THE PEOPLE OF THE UNITED STATES COME UP WITH A WORD OTHER THAN "AWESOME".

I don't think we're far away from hearing a sentence like...

"I just bought a new pair of shoe laces.......THEY'RE AWESOME "

Have you the remotest idea how overworked that word is ?

(Apart from 'like' and 'Oh my God')

Old 08-04-2005, 02:56 AM

Welcome aboard! This is an Awesome website!

Old 08-04-2005, 03:59 AM
We already know that !!

I think it's..

SUPERB
STUPENDOUS
MARVELLOUS
GREAT
WONDERFUL
EXCELLENT
GOBSMACKINGLY INFORMATIVE
INCREDIBLE
FANTASTIC
SUPER DUPER
QUITE EXTRAORDINARY, OLD CHAP
REALLY EVER SO GOOD
BRILL
BRILLIANT

here is the full list.....

Gargantuan, affecting, aggrandized, alarming, amazing, amplitudinous, apotheosized, appalling, astonishing, astounding, astronomical, august, awe-inspiring, awful, awing, beatified, big, bizarre, boundless, breathtaking, bulky, canonized, colossal, cosmic, daunting, deified, dire, direful, divine, dread, dreaded, dreadful, eerie, elevated, eminent, ennobled, enormous, enshrined, enthroned, estimable, exalted, excellent, extensive, fearful, fearsome, fell, formidable, frightening, galactic, ghastly, ghoulish, gigantic, glorified, grand, great, grim, grisly, gruesome, heavenly, held in awe, hideous, high, high and mighty, holy, honorable, horrendous, horrible, horrid, horrific, horrifying, huge, immeasurable, immense, immortal, immortalized, imposing, incredible, ineffable, inenarrable, inexpressible, infinite, inviolable, inviolate, king-size, large, lofty, macabre, magnified, mammoth, massive, massy, mighty, monster, monstrous, monumental, morbid, mountainous, moving, mysterious, numinous, outsize, overgrown, overwhelming, prodigious, redoubtable, religious, reverend, sacred, sacrosanct, sainted, sanctified, schrecklich, shocking, shrined, sizable, spacious, spiritual, stirring, stunning, stupefying, stupendous, sublime, supereminent, terrible, terrific, terrifying, throned, time-honored, titanic, tremendous, unbelievable, uncanny, unspeakable, untouchable, unutterable, vast, venerable, voluminous, weighty, weird, wonderful, wondrous, worshipful

There you go for all you vocabulary challenged posters....a few choices

APART FROM
"AWESOME"

Which incidentally has the dictionary definition

"Inspiring AWE"

Which always conjures up in my mind some brain dead moron standing looking at something with his mouth wide open !!

So..there you have it.

The next time anyone uses the word 'awesome' it will indeed bring to mind that person standing with their mouth wide open...quite possibly dribbling...then uttering the immortal word...."Doohhh...."

P.S. About the only thing I can think of at the moment I would actually consider "Awesome"....is the Grand Canyon.

I don't think any website..or much else at all, deserves to be called "Awesome".

"COGITO ERGO SPLOSH"

Last edited by Lenticular; 08-04-2005 at 06:35 AM.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:58 AM
John.. you're too much.... Glad to see you back in form...

I think your analysis of the word "awesome" could also apply to the use of the word "brilliant" by the English... to me the only two things that are "brilliant" are rocket scientists from MIT and cures for medical diseases... although a pleasure to watch, a diving header into the goal on a long cross from a winger (soccer/football) is not "brilliant"...

Hope all is well!

Old 08-04-2005, 09:04 AM
Do you know what Mike.....

I thought if anything would bring you out of the woodwork it would be that reply of mine !!!

I expected rude responses from those that don't know me so well....
total silence from Brad.....he wouldn't want to upset anyone either way in his modulator mode....but not too much in beween.

However I thought you might choose the word "Smashing" instead of brilliant !!

Hope you are keeping well.

Cheers

John

Old 08-04-2005, 10:32 AM
I personally love the word "Brilliant"...especially when spoken by Lenny!! just sounds so nice.

get a beige spray in liner (mine's linex)...that is what Tomas has. took off the trailer hitch and had them spray that too...wish I would have done it to my tow hooks while I was at it. Stuff gets stuck uner the drop in and it is just a mess. Although they have bed rugs and those are prety nice if you don't plan on putting anything greasy or messy in your bed.

Old 08-04-2005, 11:45 AM
Good morning - it is quite a brilliant day here in north Texas... Ha! Ha!

I'll post pictures of the interior with the okole cover skins as soon as I can - along with the rest of her. They fit really well, best slip-on covers I've personally ever seen.

FWIW, I think the color matched Line-X with Nason is very nice looking (I was going to say awesome), that is why I had my brush guard coated also. I even got an Expy King Ranch badge on ebay and bonded it to the guard, too. Now it almost could be a Ford accessory! Also, I've had LineX before and can tell you, the durability is the best.

Y'all carry on now, and I'll try to get the photos up this weekend.

Old 08-04-2005, 11:49 AM
Hey Mike and LINY, I just realized I'm a heck of a lot closer to you guys than when I was in Florida. Next time I take a road trip into the city I'll have to look you all up and maybe meet you for a Pint (oh sorry, thought for a second we were in the Kingdom with all this ****ney talk).

Old 08-04-2005, 11:50 AM
What is this? Censored c o c k ney?

Old 08-04-2005, 12:13 PM
Yes...amazing isn't it....
You can say all sorts of rude words here and get away with it, yet when I want to use that old English phrase....

"What a c o c k up " (ie mistake) I can't use it, nor as you mention the east end C O C K ney rhyming slang.

Anyway thanks for posting that with the spaces...I hadn't thought of that !

BRILLIANT !!!

Quick Reply: I Love My New Truck!