King Ranch

Ink Stain on leather!! HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 04:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ink Stain on leather!! HELP!!

Got a couple of small ink lines from an ink stamp on my front seat today Any suggestions as to how I might be able to remove it? I was thinking rubbing alcohol and a q-tip. Maybe you all have some better ideas though? Any help is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.

Old 04-08-2005, 04:33 PM
rhyno... I like using the Leathermaster cleaner and conditioner on my KR and have always had excellent results.... you may want to try their Ink Lifter product..... since the KR leather is ANALINE (unprotected), please be sure read carefully.... here's the link:
http://www.stainsafe.com/ssafe/dept.asp?dept%5Fid=403

not to take advantage of your situation, but if you do try this (or whatever product you do use), it would be great if you could possibly post before and after pics!

Old 04-08-2005, 06:53 PM
I have used hairspray to remove ink stains from leather furniture. Try it in a location that is out of sight first to see if there is any lifting of color. Try using a wet rag to dilute the spray if needed.

Good luck.

Old 04-10-2005, 01:35 PM
well--thakns for the suggestions I don't know what will work for sure, but I will tell you what NOT to use

1) Rubbing alcohol
2) Saddle soap

Did not try the Leathermaster product, so I cannot comment on it. Did manage however, to ruin the seat using the above products--thanks to my impatience and stupidity. Of course, I also called the King Ranch saddle shop and the girl told me due to the nature of the leather (mentioned in Mikes post) that ink stains are probably permanent She also said not to use the rubbing alcohol, but I, like an idiot, already had done it. Anyway, I have already called Ford, and will go by Monday to order a new seat bottom--or bottom cover--however they need to do it. Did check out the Leathermaster web site, and should have exercised a little patience and ordered the product Mike had mentioned--if anything would work, it would be that. The hairspray idea also works, just not on the KR leather--it is the alcohol in the hairspray that does the work, and now we know how that goes in this situation My suggestion--don't get ink on your seat

Old 04-10-2005, 03:55 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Man rhyno.... that's a bummer. What seat is it on? I recall that one of our members, at one time, might have had a bottom or two? dufunnel maybe? (or maybe it was the seat backs)...

RP

Old 04-10-2005, 06:09 PM
Cha-Jing !!!

Goes the cashregister.

Old 04-10-2005, 08:05 PM
Ummm.... probably don't need to post before/after pics now... Sorry about the expensive lesson...

Old 04-10-2005, 11:05 PM
I heard that the Glipstick works pretty well. Never used it myself though.

SL

Old 04-10-2005, 11:35 PM
Mike--I was thinking about posting some after posts, but I did not want to make anyone here cry (or would that be laugh ) Seriously though--I think the saddle soap would not have been nearly as bad if 1) I had not already used the rubbing alcohol with a Q-tip and 2) I would not have scrubbed the s@*t out of it with a leather brush. BTW Rockpick---it is the passenger side bottom, if someone has anything, let me know--I did a little bit of looking, and it seems like the leather will come right off of the foam? Anywho------thanks again all----I feel better just being able to share and even joke about it--no point in getting too mad right?

Old 04-11-2005, 01:32 AM
hey

just letting you know rubbing/aloc if you didnt know will remove the clear coating off leather and for the future a few things do work pampers baby wipes, tuff stuff spray cleaner,and a hand full of other things but the key is dont use something that doesnt work because it may set in the ink guys im not trying to be a smart a$$ just an ex detailer hope this helps M.W.

Old 04-11-2005, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by 40/99/04trucks
the key is dont use something that doesnt work.
Uhhh, yea.

SL

Old 04-11-2005, 12:55 PM
Re: hey

Originally posted by 40/99/04trucks
just letting you know rubbing/aloc if you didnt know will remove the clear coating off leather
The King Ranch seats do not have a clear coat on them.

Old 04-11-2005, 02:06 PM
Yeah, I've got a couple driver's side seat backs (not bottoms), but they're for the legacy version, not the 2005 like is listed in his profile.

If anyone needs one, let me know. I was sold the pair (supposed to be 1 driver's, 1 passenger's), and the seller wouldn't answer my notes. So I have two, and I hope to never need both, so I would like to get rid of one.

By the way, I used Leather CPR this weekend. Very nice product. I stopped by Bed, Bath, and Beyond and picked some up. I've been using Lexol and the Fiebing's, but this actually takes less to condition the leather properly. Plus it's available at BBB, which is right down the road from me.

Old 04-15-2005, 03:29 PM
Hey rhyno1,

Sorry to hear about your stain. After you change out your seat, ask if you can keep the stained one and think about doing some research on the leather. Try some of the products mentioned here and see if any or all of them work. You never know, could happen again in the future. Just a thought.

Wood

Old 04-15-2005, 08:43 PM
That is most definate! I was also thinking about maybe wrapping the gearshift handle, and also the grab handles (ala F250/350 King Ranches). Don't know if I will do either for sure. Also do some "tests" on it to see what works and what does not.

Quick Reply: Ink Stain on leather!! HELP!!