King Ranch

Gooseneck hitch

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 09:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gooseneck hitch

I'm getting a horse trailer soon and I'll need a gooseneck hitch. I was looking at this one and I like the principal of being able to hide the ball not only for looks but for storage, too.

My only concern is how much I'm going to have to butcher my bedliner. Does anyone here have a gooseneck hitch in their bed and could help me out with this?

-Clint

Old 10-18-2004, 10:32 AM
I wouldn't be so concerned about the bedliner. Rather, my concerns would lie with pulling a gooseneck trailer with a SuperCrew. Be sure to double check VWR's and also consider the limited clearance for turns with such a short bed.

Other than that, I've heard good things about these hitches. Have seen many installed and pulled a few trailers with them. No complaints

CoilFRAC

Old 10-18-2004, 02:00 PM
Well, I actually know a few people who pull goosenecks with their supercrews and it seems to do ok. Also, B&W makes a gooseneck extender for that unit which is rated just as high as the standard gooseneck ball and gives you 6 or 7 inches of extra clearance for short beds. Just wondering what the best way is to go about the install so my bedliner is somewhat in tact.

-Clint

Old 10-18-2004, 02:12 PM
the cleanest way is to use a 4" hole saw and drill thru the bedliner and bed together. i have installed 20-25 b&w turn over ball hitches this year and the work very well,just be sure that you have enough room to turn. hope this helps

Old 10-18-2004, 10:15 PM
Okay. How about the chain hooks? I noticed they're spring loaded so I assume it's possible to position them in the grooves of your bedliner. Does it ever work out like that? Also, if it does, how are you supposed to get the chains on them? hehe

Thanks

Clint

Last edited by 2001KingRanch; 10-20-2004 at 07:15 PM.
Old 10-20-2004, 07:18 PM
*bump*

Any of you guys have any actual experience hauling with one of these hitches in a supercrew? Is the "gooseneck extender" necessary for most applications? Is this thing on?

Clint

Quick Reply: Gooseneck hitch