King Ranch

RP ! ALL your leather questions answered !

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2003, 04:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RP ! ALL your leather questions answered !

Hey RP....
Go to
http://www.amoc.org/

and click on Dudley Coram lecture.

Free tea and leather care kit and all the info you could ever need.
I'll put you up.....you just gotta get across the Atlantic !

PS I picked up my dream today....even more difficult to keep the leather clean....it's cream !
At least we had a lovely spring day and drove all the way home with the top down.

You can go direct to "Bridge of Weir"

http://www.bowleather.co.uk/

Last edited by Lenticular; 03-14-2003 at 04:51 PM.
Old 03-14-2003, 09:16 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks for the links there Lenn. I appreciate it...

Picked up the new baby today? As usual.. we want to see pics..

I'll be over there tomorrow if that's okay with you... LOL!

Really... I'll be in Denver tomorrow. A much needed vacation...

RP

Old 03-15-2003, 01:36 PM
Here you go.....see what I mean about the cream leather.

It's an Aston Martin Vantage Volante....Vantage designation means it's a V12 (420 HP), Volante shows it's a drophead.
The licencing agency had both V12 JWS available and my wife's as V12 CWS.
We actually span a coin for it....she won ... arrrghhh !!

Old 03-15-2003, 02:44 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
BEAUTIFUL vehicle Len. Absoultely awesome...

RP

Old 03-16-2003, 11:36 AM
The car looks great, Lenny. If I come to Great Britian will you give me a ride in it

I have a question for you, whenever you alternate back and forth between the UK and US do you ever mistakenly drive on the wrong side of the road, is there an adjustment time. I know it wouldn't be safe for me to get behind the wheel in the UK.

Hope your Mum is doing okay, our prayers are with you.

Jayhawker

Old 03-16-2003, 12:56 PM
Thanks !

Yes...any regulars from the forum will be more than welcome to come visit and try a few of the cars.
Also if any of you DO ever make it here let me know and I will only be too pleased to guide you on a visit around the REAL England/ Great Britain....not the tired old usual tourist trail that I always see visitors on. (Y'know Buck Palace, Shakespeare's country etc......all very interesting, but there is a real country behind that. )
Just like years ago when I first came to the States and visited some remote backwoods town in Kansas for instance.
People would say "What you doin' here for God's sake ?"
Then we KNEW we were in the right place !!

As to driving on the wrong side of the road....very interesting question.
For me it is slightly different. One of my first cars here in the UK was left drive....I like to be different...and for many years we lived near the channel ports of the south coast, and later of course the channel tunnel.
Thus for many years we have been visiting the continent where of course they drive on your side of the road.
So when we visit the States it almost comes naturally. The trouble is it is easy to get complacent, and just once in a blue moon pulling out perhaps from a breakfast stop, it is still possible to pull out onto the wrong side especially on a regular 2 way street.
I do it perhaps once during every 6/8 week visit. And of course once is enough.....fortunately I usually have 'er indoors with me to shout the correction !
I think for a US driver visiting the UK for the first time it would be different. The whole experience would be so different I think you would be concentrating so hard it would be unlikely to happen.
I think more problems come from pedestrians stepping off a sidewalk having looked the wrong way !

Thanks for your good wishes....mum is slightly better...although she is very ill I think part of it was worry about us being so far from home if your Mr B and our Mr B decide to push the button !!

Old 03-17-2003, 11:17 AM
Lenny, You might want to be careful about putting an open invitation out there to us King Ranch finatics, some of us might just show up on your doorstep one day.

When we retire in 31/2 years one of the first places we want to visit is the UK, I have ancestoral roots in Ireland and Wales. I have a good friend here in Garland who grew up in northern England near the Scotland border, her family still lives there.

If you want to really see the back roads of Kansas, I can give you a personal tour, that is where I grew up, I can also take you to some of the best pheasant hunting in the US, right on the Nickelson family farm.

Hope to see you back in the states soon

Nick the Jayhawker

Quick Reply: RP ! ALL your leather questions answered !