King Ranch

Cheap KR

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2003, 09:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The THOT PLICKENS !!!

PS The seller seems reluctant to answer questions too !!

Old 01-30-2003, 09:43 AM
I would beware of this one...I want to say I have seen those pictures of the interior before. On a different KR that was on sale on ebay before awhile back.

Old 01-30-2003, 04:30 PM
The seller obviously doesn't know anything about the truck. If it is what it says, then it is misadvertised. The pictures are of a 2001 KR (exterior and interior), not a 2002, and it sounds like he doesn't know for sure what features are on it. That's the problem with ebay... buyer beware!

Old 01-30-2003, 04:37 PM
At best the blue book value on it is $27,500. That's if it's in pristine condition too, which I doubt, seeing as the seller doesn't seem to know much about it.

Old 01-30-2003, 05:11 PM

Last edited by MikeF150; 01-07-2005 at 07:22 PM.
Old 01-30-2003, 08:40 PM
could have been an early 2002 before the climate control got put in thm

Old 01-30-2003, 11:11 PM
PKAGEL, I was going to say the same thing. My KR is an 03 and one thing that is different on the 03 than the 02 are the headlights are clear. But, guess what, my truck didn't have the clear ones on it when I bought it, I made the dealer put some on though. There is a guy at my office that has an 02 KR he purchased in late 01 and it has the tan plastic on the sides of the seats, but it has the square pull handles like they came with i2 02 and 03. So, just cause it does not have the more brown colored plastic on the sides of the seats does not mean it's not an 02. Depends on when they rolled off the line and what parts they need to get rid of at the factory I guess.

Old 01-31-2003, 02:53 AM
Auction ended at $23.500 which is perhaps not a whole lot less than he would have got anyway.
However despite my asking some pertinent questions as a "Turquoise" star EBayer, I never did get any answers, so therein lies the truth perhaps.
I know that if I was selling a high value item as I sometimes do, that any questions asked are replied to ASAP since anything that can help raise the final bid price should be done.

Old 01-31-2003, 08:50 AM
maybe he is just a crappy ebayer or maybe he has something much more important going on in his life that is causing him to sell in the first place. i answer all questions to the best of my ability and send as many extra pics to those who ask for them when ebaying but some just are not that interested or are way too busy to so so. never the less, he probably did suffer in price a bit if he treated others as he treated you Lent.

Old 01-31-2003, 09:14 AM
I simply wanted to get to the truth about the truck and pass the info' on to others here who were posting.
I hardly need a second KR since I hardly get to use the first one....though come to think of it at that price I could bring one back to the UK.

If I ever need to ask a question when I am considering buying an item on EBay, if I don't get an answer , I don't bid.
It's as simple as that.
However bearing in mind my eclectic tastes buying everything from Texas licence plates through to expensive watches, I have never yet had a bad experience on Ebay.
(I've sweated a bit though, like recently a high dollar watch went to the US from South Korea, when it should have come to the UK......mind you I got the Patek Phillipe that should have gone to the guy in the States ! It all worked out in the end and Fedex did a swap with no problems !)

Old 01-31-2003, 02:01 PM
do you have to convert it to RHD or any other conversions to bring it to the UK?

Old 01-31-2003, 02:33 PM
I can't begin to imagine the problems converting to RHD.
Strangely enough the mechanical side isn't the problem.
Steering racks etc. can usually be accomodated....the biggest problem is often the dash layout.
Being so close to the continent people are more used to seeing and using left hookers these days though.
It isn't a great problem except occasionally overtaking on a narrow road when you have to pull out further to see past the vehicle in front...especially with no passenger to help.
Mind you as someone who has always been used to driving left hookers over here (I've imported quite a few vehicles from the States) I think it is often safer as you tend to hang back further from the vehicle in front.

When personally importing a vehicle the usual "Type Approval" isn't necessary and often the only major thing to do is find left dipping headlights, and we really should change the taillight lenses but that is often impossible and you need to find an understanding vehicle tester.
They can be found.
Over here every vehicle over 3 years old has to have an annual test for roadworthiness which includes brake testing on a rolling road.
My 1936 RR didn't even have front brakes and was impossible to test in such a way.
We used to take it out for a road test and the examiner would suddenly say "STOP", and then comment...well, it SEEMS to stop OK !!!

Old 01-31-2003, 03:07 PM
My 1936 RR didn't even have front brakes and was impossible to test in such a way.
We used to take it out for a road test and the examiner would suddenly say "STOP", and then comment...well, it SEEMS to stop OK !!!

LOL, i can only imagine, mechanical brakes on that thing, right? i always called them "push and pray brakes."

Old 01-31-2003, 03:25 PM
Yes...she could travel at 50, 60 and even 70 mph but stopping was definitely a pre planned manoevre !!

Here she is...
A 1936 Rolls Royce 25/30 Hooper 'D' back limousine.
(Limousine in the original form of the word...not the modern stretched abortion!)

Old 01-31-2003, 04:13 PM
very stately indeed

Quick Reply: Cheap KR