Old 12-29-2002, 04:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here are a couple of pics:

Old 12-29-2002, 06:18 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by Skagel
No, I never did do this mod...
Never said ya did... I said we looked into it...

Damon,

Forgot about that install that you had mentioned earlier... just let me know when you have some pics... I'd like to see it...

RP

Old 12-29-2002, 06:49 PM
Sorry, I forgot, what install was that Rockpick??

Old 12-29-2002, 07:14 PM
Damon...

That looks AWESOME! Looks like a great fit... You get a big from me! (as if you care! LOL )

I'm even starting to think about swapping to captain's chairs and modding an expy console to work with the Clation sub.. I had Capt's on my Bronco but the wife liked the 60/40 because she didn't "feel so far away..."

Never again will I allow my instincts and personal preferences be swayed by my keeper!

Chris (ReelWork)

Old 12-29-2002, 07:14 PM
Moderator &

The install on the alarm/remote start system...

That looks sharp... nice mod!

RP

Old 12-29-2002, 07:18 PM
Thanks all.
Rockpick, I will let you know how that new alarm remote start works out if I ever get the KR back. I had always wanted the remote start on the other Supercrew and never got around to it, but now that I use that door keypad all of the time on the KR, it had to be a system that would work with the keypad or nothing, they say I will like it, so I will let you know.

Old 12-29-2002, 09:37 PM
Moderator &

Yeah, definately let me know...

RP

Old 12-30-2002, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by RockPick

Dufunnel and I decided that we wanted that extra space next to the console but, to accomplish this, we purchased the Clarion 8" powered camoflauge subwoofer...

This is a fully contained unit (amp and sub inside) and adds a nice bit of bass to the sound system. It's not as much space as the expy console but, it I certainly L-O-V-E the extra space on the top of the sub. I use it CONSTANTLY...

RP
I know a lot of the Lightning guys have gone with the Clarion sub, but has anyone used it with the '03 6-disc unit in a KR? I think the sound on the new unit is great, but needs a little more bass. Not sure about the non- color match too.

Old 12-30-2002, 10:11 PM
Moderator &

You can definately use it with the factory system as it will tie directly into the harness if you want to wire it that way. I ran mine with RCA cables (hence, aftermarket HU) and it works great.

The color match is much closer than it appears in the picture however; I did have to paint it after recieving it from Crutchfield. The color match was pathetic out of the box thus, a can of interior paint with the flex additive from www.paintscratch.com did the trick. It took a couple of coats but, honestly, you can barely tell the difference if you're sitting inside the truck.

RP

Old 12-30-2002, 11:56 PM
Rockpick-You asked about the alarm. All went well, after reprogramming all the features the way I wanted through the key fob, it works great. I can arm and dis arm the alarm from the keypad on the door. It chirps the alarm with a soft horn (which they are going to hook it into the siren as well for me, I hate the soft I don't know if it did anything bit), and it started from inside my house (and my truck is parked in the back where you can't even see it), and the features are neat. I paid 575.00 for this and from what I was told, the other two dealers who hope to get some in are charging 799.00. So I think I got a good deal seeing how I got exactly what I wanted in a remote start alarm.

Old 12-31-2002, 11:02 AM
Rockpick,
Thanks for the tip on the Clarion and the paint. Do you think the Clarion would work in the back seat area just behind the front console? Floor isn't perfectly level there, but I think I'd prefer the sub in the back. Your thoughts, please. Happy New Year everyone!

Old 12-31-2002, 11:21 AM
Moderator &

Damon: That sounds like a sweet setup. I didn't know it was going to be that expensive though. My next $800+ mod is going to be an ARE bed cover...although, that system is tempting.

Cooper: I really don't think it would work there as it's contoured to fit exactly where I have it. It's flush with the dash and could easily be mistaken as stock in the truck. There's just barely enough room in the front for the sub and the console (only about 1.5" clearance between the two).

RP

Old 12-31-2002, 11:54 AM
Rockpick,
Thanks. I'm probably still going to get the Clarion sub and put it int the front. It's a pretty inexpensive mod. Getting a Microtuner, new backup light for the hitch and the Clarion in January. If I have any money left in Feb. will probably get an air kit.
coopersunc

Old 12-31-2002, 12:00 PM
Moderator &

Enjoy those Cooper!!

RP

Old 12-31-2002, 03:57 PM
The alarm will not give you memory seat.You would have to have had the memory seat option on the car. No, I was told there will not be an aftermarket system offered. The system from Ford parts was 280.00 including the pats extra piece. Now it was a lot of labor to install, so it was worth the 175 to 210 in labor charge. Plus getting it from Ford it is covered under Ford wearranty as I have the 5 year/100K warranty. No worries. Now the price will depend on if the dealer has it's own tech installer or if they have someone else put it in as a subcontractor. My dealer has it's own tech who does them, so they do it there, now the other dealers I called that wanted the 699.00 to 799.00 price, they subcontracted it out. So call around. You see that the Alarm/Remote start through Ford was the 270.00 price and then the 40 hr or 60 hour dealer install price, 575.00 is about right. Why use a dealer that is going to subcontract out the work and then they raise the price so they too will make a nice profit.

Quick Reply: Expy console installed in KR